Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NL520

Broken In
hi guys, can i get the 99$ verizon version and get it working on reliance/bsnl cdma sim using something like R-sim etc or any other way?

ghemanth90

Broken In
"Two months after its global announcement, the Motorola Moto G (8GB) is finally making its way to Singapore on January 16 with a retail price of S$318." - Excerpt from a website

Based on today's currency rate S$318 equates to Rs.15369 for 8GB and there has been no talk on the 16GB variant of Moto G in Singapore. Motorola has released only 8GB model (AFAIK!).

So my prediction is Motorola gonna release only the 8GB version of MOTO G this month end and they gonna charge us between 15.5K to 16K. Any takers for MOTO G if it is priced closed to 16K for 8GB variant??

NL520

Broken In
moreover 10k is a competetive price imo:
Moto G to launch for about Rs 10,000 in last week of January in India | AEG India

Tarun Singh

Banned
^^ I was expecting to buy 8GB version if it would sell for under Rs 15K.Maybe I will spend Rs 369 more but why so inequality to developing countries ?

randomuser111

Technomancer
I don't understand why you guys are expecting Moto G at such low prices. India is not USA and nor is Motorola coming back to India to do charity. 16K for 8 GB variant seems fair enough.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
moreover 10k is a competetive price imo:
Moto G to launch for about Rs 10,000 in last week of January in India | AEG India

No way it is going to be 10k. Not any less than 13k. Motorola will already be making very little even for 14k, and 10k means they will be selling the device at a loss of 20% or more.
If it will be available at 10k for real, then there is going to be a huge demand for sure.

I don't understand why you guys are expecting Moto G at such low prices. India is not USA and nor is Motorola coming back to India to do charity. 16K for 8 GB variant seems fair enough.

@16k, then it will be on par with other branded 16k mobiles and I don't think that is Motorola's strategy with Moto G. But, taxes in India could indeed raise the cost above 15k, which puts Motorola's strategy with Moto G at a risk in India.

ghemanth90

Broken In

Main reason why Moto G got very popular is because of it's dirt cheap price tag. Moto G is competitively priced in European markets. There's absolutely nothing wrong in expecting Motorola to do the same in India.

16K for 8GB variant is pretty high considering the face that it doesn't come with an expandable memory and a decent camera.
If 16GB Moto G gonna cost anywhere around 18K then there are plenty of good alternatives already available in the market... Galaxy Grand Duos, Desire 500, G Pro Lite, Xperia C & Xperia SP to name a few... All these mobiles are better than Moto G except for the Processor dept. Just like the Nexus phones geeks will get Moto G, others will opt for one among these alternatives.

jhingalala

Broken In
Main reason why Moto G got very popular is because of it's dirt cheap price tag. Moto G is competitively priced in European markets. There's absolutely nothing wrong in expecting Motorola to do the same in India.

16K for 8GB variant is pretty high considering the face that it doesn't come with an expandable memory and a decent camera.
If 16GB Moto G gonna cost anywhere around 18K then there are plenty of good alternatives already available in the market... Galaxy Grand Duos, Desire 500, G Pro Lite, Xperia C & Xperia SP to name a few... All these mobiles are better than Moto G except for the Processor dept. Just like the Nexus phones geeks will get Moto G, others will opt for one among these alternatives.
The size and battery is plus for moto along with corning glass and updated version.OTG is now a question mark.SP is single sim,c has 4 GB g pro is very big and grand battery sucks. only grand is considerably better in cam but again it is so common. I am looking for any details on moto g india launch like price, partner and dual sim avlblty?
Th

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No its locked after 4.4 update ( AFAIK )
I am wrong?

I wish I had KitKat ?...be careful what you wish for. - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Some of the other benefits of KK are there for developers to incorporate into apps so not as apparent yet. Immersive mode is most obvious one and that works well and nice enhancement. OTG has been disabled so that es file explorer can no longer see the USB but nexus media importer (other similar apps available too) allows you to see the USB and use the media on it.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
It's going to be an average phone imo. Storage will be its plus point but not to those who have an sd card. Frankly none of these phones are appealing with their miserable durability. "Bas 4 din ki chandni, phir to kaali raat hai". If "Moto G" can just do the basic tasks of a mobile phone which are calling, texting, displaying/adding contacts with NO LAGS along with the features that it boasts then it might be worth buying.

Fog

Broken In
This is Motorola by Google..

Not MMX or Karbonn or Intex or whatever.. not the 4 din ki chandni fir kaali raat hai types..

This phone has been compared to the Nexus 4 tonnes of times, and on XDA Forums I've seen more than 5 people switch from Nexus 4 to Moto G..

Moto G can do much more than the basic tasks with no lags, it can play games like Asphalt with no lag at all..

how will storage be its plus point? Its 8GB/16GB..

It's durability is actually quite good..

nikufellow

In the zone
Infact my friend who has been owing a defy all this long is thinking about importing moto g if the prices are too steep, after official launch, he's saying that warranty doesn't matter if it's a moto

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
This is Motorola by Google..

Not MMX or Karbonn or Intex or whatever.. not the 4 din ki chandni fir kaali raat hai types..

This phone has been compared to the Nexus 4 tonnes of times, and on XDA Forums I've seen more than 5 people switch from Nexus 4 to Moto G..

Moto G can do much more than the basic tasks with no lags, it can play games like Asphalt with no lag at all..

how will storage be its plus point? Its 8GB/16GB..

It's durability is actually quite good..

People were saying the same about Nexus 7 that it's brought to you by Google and made for gaming and blah blah but you know what, I notice the lags while playing subway surfers..lol
I have used entry level Android phones like Samsung Galaxy Y, Ace Duos, Sony Xperia E Dual and boy aren't they dumb. If I want to note a number quickly from someone then I'll have to get a pen and paper coz my "smartphone" ain't that quick enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom