Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
How to delete multiple contacts in lollipop ? I have landed up importing my contacts a couple of times and i am now having a lot of duplicate contacts. Is deleting one by one the only option ? or is there any other way ?

see post #1714 :|

*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/179362-moto-g-discussion-thread-post2196850.html#post2196850

For multiple deletion,

Contacts -> 3 vertical dots (or menu button) -> delete -> select the ones you want to delete.

Sparky19

Broken In
see post #1714 :|

*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/179362-moto-g-discussion-thread-post2196850.html#post2196850

I did see that post and tried that method as well. But there is no such option in my mobile :(. If i click on the 3 dots menu, i can only delete the chosen contact. There is no option to choose multiple contacts. Have no idea as to how or why my contacts were imported around 5 odd times. I had to manually delete each contact one by one :(. Was an absolutely frustrating experience.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I did see that post and tried that method as well. But there is no such option in my mobile :(. If i click on the 3 dots menu, i can only delete the chosen contact. There is no option to choose multiple contacts. Have no idea as to how or why my contacts were imported around 5 odd times. I had to manually delete each contact one by one :(. Was an absolutely frustrating experience.

Login to your GMail Account in your PC, go to contacts, select and delete unwanted contacts.
GMail_Contacts.png

Helpful Links:
Contacts+ for Android Is One of the Best Contact Managers We've Used
Google Contacts Can Kill Duplicates in Bulk
How to Merge Duplicate Contacts on Android
How to Easily Merge Duplicate Contacts « Android.AppStorm

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Are you sure you aren't opening a contact and then trying to delete it instead of opening the contacts/people app and then doing as said before?

Sparky19

Broken In
Are you sure you aren't opening a contact and then trying to delete it instead of opening the contacts/people app and then doing as said before?

Yes, i am going to the contacts icon/app from the app tray. In the contacts, when i click on the 3dots/menu, i get the following 4 options - (1) Contacts to display (2) Import/Export (3) Accounts (4) Settings. There is no option to delete :cry: I have to click on each contact, only then delete option is available.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

there is no multi select setting in contacts anymore (in both models). a third party contact app may help.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, i am going to the contacts icon/app from the app tray. In the contacts, when i click on the 3dots/menu, i get the following 4 options - (1) Contacts to display (2) Import/Export (3) Accounts (4) Settings. There is no option to delete :cry: I have to click on each contact, only then delete option is available.

why don't you follow lywre's method. login though google, sync, delete contacts in PC, sync again. it is faster that way.

Sparky19

Broken In
I'm getting these options

I am not getting the 'Delete' and 'Memory status' options :shock:. Going by Sam's reply, looks like he ain't getting it as well. Wondering how is it different for you.
In that case, there might be a few more differences in our lollipop versions :cry:

reddead

LoSt!
my moto g's performance has deteriorated since the L update..will a factory reset solve this?

and also is there a decent custom rom?

Inceptionist

Journeyman
my moto g's performance has deteriorated since the L update..will a factory reset solve this?

and also is there a decent custom rom?

Try these animation settings in Developer Options.

Set Window Animation Scale, Transition Animation Scale, and Animation Duration scale to .5x

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Guys I flashed the Asia retail version on my moto g 2013. The phone has gone slow. It has even started hanging. Anyone facing same issues?

reddead

LoSt!
so i am fed up of the really poor performance after the 5.0 update...

i am looking forward to flashing a custom rom,
so i am on 5.0.2(stock), how do i unlock the bootloader? and root? and do i need to flash cm11 to flash cm12?

i used to do flashing(on my s2) but moto g is much more complicated compared to s2.
xda is confusing as hell....

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
so i am fed up of the really poor performance after the 5.0 update...

i am looking forward to flashing a custom rom,
so i am on 5.0.2(stock), how do i unlock the bootloader? and root? and do i need to flash cm11 to flash cm12?

i used to do flashing(on my s2) but moto g is much more complicated compared to s2.
xda is confusing as hell....
Download towelroot to root.

Then install rom manager for clockwork mod.

Download roms and flash via rom manager.

Much simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom