Moto E discussion thread

Thinking of unlocking my phone. Are there any problems to keep in mind? I know Motorola makes your warranty void once you ask for an unlocking key. Have you faced any problems after that? If you needed to send it for repair what did you do?

My custom rom of choice is paranoid Android. :D

Shiva

ankushv

Journeyman
I unlocked my moto g 2013 long back , and I'm enjoying stock cm 12.1 on it . The phone was cheap so I unlocked it . In case of my s4 I waited for 1 year before rooting as it was expensive . Both phones doing great even after warranty is over .

Unlocked my phone and installed TWRP on it. However im not able to boot into recovery. When i try adb reboot recovery, the moto logo appears then a error message saying " no Command " appears. Can anyone help?

TWRP version 2.7.1.0

Thanks!

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hey you have to install fastboot drivers.
and official Motorola drivers.

then

go to developer option enable android debugging.

A

amit.tiger12

any news on moto e lollipop update...
i think we need to file complaint against Motorola, for misleading us.. moto ads were showing faster updates guaranteed, but nothing after kitkat...

andy_65_in

Padawan
lollipop is availaible for moto e first gen now.mine is stuck because of low internal space( have abt 270 MB only).how to create more internal space-the phone doesnt take the upgrade otherwise

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
lollipop is availaible for moto e first gen now.mine is stuck because of low internal space( have abt 270 MB only).how to create more internal space-the phone doesnt take the upgrade otherwise

First move all pics, videos from phone's DCIM folder to PC. Next see junk files stored in WhatsApp folder (songs, videos etc).

Then, install Astro file manager. Backup all apps in the form of apk files. Cut paste those apk files on PC. Then remove those apps for which you took backup.
Now you should have space. At this point you can update. Restore apk back in phone and install them again.

andy_65_in

Padawan
Download started for lollipop but has taken almost 8 hours to get just 48 % so far.speed pathetic.what should I do.this is on Bsnl bbnd

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Guys one silly question, after receiving the new phone, did you guys let it discharged completely and charged it for 8hrs ? I have heard if this is not done at first for a new mobile then battery backup will always be very low. Same goes for trimmer too. Should I do it?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Guys I too recently bought moto e2. When I use I constantly after charging 100℅ then within 1hr its reducing to 80℅. I am getting backup around 5hrs in which I keep the data enabled, general use, and clash of clan around 1.5hrs.

Is it normal or is there any problem? Please reply.

Cruzy

Journeyman
Backup for 5 hrs is with Max usage (WiFi, screen on on full brightness)?
It's a little too low according to me. Try charging it fully and run the test again

Top Bottom