Motherboard for Phenom II X6

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, currently I'm using Gigabyte 785GUD2H motherboard with Phenom II 955. I am planning for a series of upgrades and the 1st step will be the motherboard and the 2nd one will be Phenom II X6
I need mobo with

1. new AMD 8XX series chip-set.
2. Crossfire support

Suggest something within 7.5k. I have short-listed two boards.
a) ECS 890GXM-A @ 7.5k ( 3 way Crossfire)
b)
ECS A885GM-A2 @ 4.9k (Crossfire in X8 mode)

Please share your suggestions with me.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys, currently I'm using Gigabyte 785GUD2H motherboard with Phenom II 955. I am planning for a series of upgrades and the 1st step will be the motherboard and the 2nd one will be Phenom II X6
I need mobo with

1. new AMD 8XX series chip-set.
2. Crossfire support

Suggest something within 7.5k. I have short-listed two boards.
a) ECS 890GXM-A @ 7.5k ( 3 way Crossfire)
b)
ECS A885GM-A2 @ 4.9k (Crossfire in X8 mode)

Please share your suggestions with me.

why not: Biostar TA890FXE. its based on the 890FX & should provide optimum overclock & PCI lanes for crossfire & its price should fall within 7.5k too.

heres the link to the motherboard.

*www.biostar.com.tw/upload/Motherboard/b20100512.jpg

its crossfire setting is at x16,x16, x4, x1. so Crossfire possible, even with such bad placement of PCIe X 16 slots (what was Biostar thinking?:???:).

Original price is 149.99$ so, should expect it below 7.5k.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Your board (all rev versions) are compatible with x6 processors: *www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3156
There is no worthy performance boost between the 2 chipsets.

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, I know BIOS update will do the job. But the thing is 785G will only support Phenom II X6, but the advance features of the processor will be out of my reach then.
I mentioned I need Crossfire also and my current one is having single X16 slot.

Now the ECS 885G A2 is available @ 4.9k and I find it as an attractive deal. It will support all the advance features of Phenom II X6, having 2 PCI Express X16 slot for Crossfire, and all the candy SATA 3 and USB 3. But I didn't find any review on this till now

Could you guys enlighten me about this ECS 885 motherboard?

Piyush

Lanaya
Guys, I know BIOS update will do the job. But the thing is 785G will only support Phenom II X6, but the advance features of the processor will be out of my reach then.
I mentioned I need Crossfire also and my current one is having single X16 slot.

Now the ECS 885G A2 is available @ 4.9k and I find it as an attractive deal. It will support all the advance features of Phenom II X6, having 2 PCI Express X16 slot for Crossfire, and all the candy SATA 3 and USB 3. But I didn't find any review on this till now

Could you guys enlighten me about this ECS 885 motherboard?
can u rank ECS along with other brands??

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Now the ECS 885G A2 is available @ 4.9k and I find it as an attractive deal.
The word that you should is cheap. But you're loosing a lot for that.
It will support all the advance features of Phenom II X6, having 2 PCI Express X16 slot for Crossfire, and all the candy SATA 3 and USB 3. But I didn't find any review on this till now
In that case, here's a rundown.
The board uses 8 pin aux connector so that it can supply adequate power to the processor. But if you look at the board, the board has some crappy VRM and MOSFET with no passive heatsink over it. The main caps are only for the CPU and the rest of the board relies on electrolytic capacitors- yikes. If I do more digging, I will find more flaws. But if I were you, I would save more money and then make a worthy upgrade. The hexa core isn't going to run anywhere.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
The word that you should is cheap. But you're loosing a lot for that.

In that case, here's a rundown.
The board uses 8 pin aux connector so that it can supply adequate power to the processor. But if you look at the board, the board has some crappy VRM and MOSFET with no passive heatsink over it. The main caps are only for the CPU and the rest of the board relies on electrolytic capacitors- yikes. If I do more digging, I will find more flaws. But if I were you, I would save more money and then make a worthy upgrade. The hexa core isn't going to run anywhere.

Hmm then ECS board @4.9K is not good. bro could you give the link for the review of this board

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ There are no reviews AFAIK. The points I found and said are simply by taking a small glance of the photo from the company's website and if you look at it, most of the specifications mentioned there are false/vague. Think about it, do you REALLY think that a company will give a review sample to honest reviewers and expect a thumbs up? If a company hires a writer or tempts an infamous/famous hardware site/magazine for ad revenue, that's a different case.

Cant buy a decent enough hardware, don't spend at all. Do justice to your money. FYI, an AMD system with DDR2 1066mhz and another system with 1600mhz DDR3 makes little or no boost. The OP (and others who are curious) should check out the benchmarks I put up of 880GMA, 890GPA and 790FXTA in comparison with 790GXBE (which is a DDR2 board) in digit's review section.

bkarankar

Broken In
Hi,

have you upgrade your system, if yes then please let us know the detail including price of each product.

Thanks
Bhupesh

Top Bottom