Motherboard For i5 2500K URGENT !!

SRA

Broken In
please suggest me a good mother board under 5-7k for i5 2500K , I wont be overclocking , my main work sector is PS CS5 and a bit of casual gaming , but I want to have a solid MOBO that can Incorporate a need of Good GPU in future . And it can make use of the IGP of the 2500K .

PS is crossair CX 600 enough for my requirement .. consider use of a decent GPU in near future

Cilus

laborare est orare
For motherboard, get the Biostar TZ68K+ @ 7.4K
For PSU, get Corsair GS600 instead of CX600. The price is marginally higher.

OP
SRA

SRA

Broken In
For motherboard, get the Biostar TZ68K+ @ 7.4K
For PSU, get Corsair GS600 instead of CX600. The price is marginally higher.
Is this mobo available In kolkata ? Any other Z68 series mobo in the 6k range ??
Again some people are suggesting since am not buying a GPU now , I sd stick to a 500w SMPS CAbinet combo like bijli or zebronics and get a better SMPS when I buy a GPU along with it .. confused :|

clmlbx

Technomancer
If your not going to be overclocking shouldn't you be going with Non k version and save some money..?

i5 2500 instead of i5 2500K

OP
SRA

SRA

Broken In
If your not going to be overclocking shouldn't you be going with Non k version and save some money..?

i5 2500 instead of i5 2500K

Since am not getting a GPU rt now , and saw the graphics performance of 2500k ie HD3000 to be quite good for casual gaming & PS works am opting for this processor , anyway the diff is hardly 700/800 INR

Cilus

laborare est orare
I'm not sure the availability of the BIOSTAR mobo in Kolkata but it is available in flipkart. So you can order from them and go for the cach on delivery option.

Flipkart: Biostar TZ68K+: Motherboard

The other mobo within 7K is INTEL DZ68DB but the BIOSTAR board is better.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
get biostar board from flipkart with cash on delivery option.flipkart has good reviews & their replacement service is also praised by many.also don't skip getting a good PSU because it affects your entire pc.get a SeaSonic S12II 520W for 3.5k or at least a SeaSonic S12II 430W or Corsair CX430 V2 430W for ~2.5k.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Get the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo for Rs.7100 from frontechonline.com
who are the official distributors of ASRock in India.This is a solid mobo best value for money and future proof also.

dibya_kol

In the zone
who are the official distributors of ASRock in India.This is a solid mobo best value for money and future proof also.

That is a nice mobo, can u provide the link coz i am unable to find this product. And what about it's worrenty in india(who provides the worrenty and how many years ).

akshayp

Broken In

are you sure its available there??
checked the website they dont sell motherboards at all:razz::p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
asrock has only 1 year warranty on mobos - so it's better to opt for some other brand like Biostar, Jetway or even Intel original for a Z68 mobo ;-)

OP
SRA

SRA

Broken In
Thank you guys for ur feed back , built my PC last week , was tight on budget and have no plan for OC rt now so went for a budget mobo, here goes my config

Intel i5 2500k
Intel DH67CL
Crossair vengeance 4GB , 1600 FSB
Crossair GS 600 PSU
Cooler Master Elite 311+ one extra CM FAN
HP DVD RW

I know the mobo is the weak link of this rig , but I did n want to compromise on the Processor and would use the IGP of this processor as of now so H67 chipset was needed .

:oops:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Congrats on your purchase.
By now you should have known that your DH67CL will cut off 'K' part from your processor. But from the meaning of your post, I think you bought 2500K only because of its HD3000. ;)

Cilus

laborare est orare
SRA, congrats on your purchase. Good thinking, when you will get some money, upgrade to Z68/P67 chipset based motherboard.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thank you guys for ur feed back , built my PC last week , was tight on budget and have no plan for OC rt now so went for a budget mobo, here goes my config

Intel i5 2500k
Intel DH67CL
Crossair GS 600 PSU
HP DVD RW

I know the mobo is the weak link of this rig , but I did n want to compromise on the Processor and would use the IGP of this processor as of now so H67 chipset was needed .

congrats. and please correct the ram & PSU name. its not crossair. its Corsair :razz:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Intel i5 2500k
Intel DH67CL
Crossair GS 600 PSU
HP DVD RW

well, you paid a Rs. 2000 premium for the K series processor. Should have rather bought a non-K series processor and a graphic card like HD 5570 for Rs. 3500.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ SRA - congrats and how much you paid for all the components ? if possible post the individual prices of each item.

Top Bottom