Motherboard,CPU,HDD,RAM required for 13K

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys i need your help again...i need a motherboard,cpu,ram,Hard disk...basically anything inside a cabinet...the budget is 13000...+500 if required...the general usage would be basic really,not much into gaming...but it needs to last for 3 years atleast...(Some guy was giving me an intel dual core as cpu offer but i rejected thinking it has shut down anyway,can i get anything better than a dual core,thanks)

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Core i3 2100 @5.6k
Gigabyte H61M-D2-B3 @3.7k
Corsair XMS3 (9-9-9-24) 2x1GB 1333Mhz @1.8
Seagate 7200 16MB 500GB @1.8k

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
thanks for the suggestion...but how is amd in comparison to this config??Any chance amd config being better??Also how long will core i3 last...

I don't know much about AMD. And really that i3 SB chip is pretty fast. And about how long it will last, it totally depends on what you are doing. My friend is using a 7 years old P4 machine to browse the Internet and random basic work. So you could understand if you do basic things it would last you 5+ years easily.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Core i3 2100 @5.6k
Gigabyte H61M-D2-B3 @3.7k
Corsair XMS3 (9-9-9-24) 2x1GB 1333Mhz @1.8
Seagate 7200 16MB 500GB @1.8k

thanks for the suggestion...but how is amd in comparison to this config??Any chance amd config being better??Also how long will core i3 last...

is core i3 even available nowadays?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Here's my suggestion-
Choose any of them
Intel Pentium G620 sandybridge 2.66 GHZ-Rs 3.4k
MSI H61M-P23(B3)-Rs 3.4k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz-Rs 1.5k
Seagate 1TB HDD-2.7k
Total-11k
or
Intel core i3 2100-6k
MSI H61M-P23(B3)-Rs 3.4k
Seagate 1TB HDD-2.7k
Total-13.6k

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Here's my suggestion-
Choose any of them
Intel Pentium G620 sandybridge 2.66 GHZ-Rs 3.4k
MSI H61M-P23(B3)-Rs 3.4k
Seagate 1TB HDD-2.7k
Total-11k
or
Intel core i3 2100-6k
MSI H61M-P23(B3)-Rs 3.4k
Seagate 1TB HDD-2.7k
Total-13.6k

Thanks for the response but what is the difference between the msi board(Core i3 one) u recommended & the gigabyte board the other person recommended??Which one is better

Tenida

Gadget Freak
.Both the boards has almost same build quality though.But MSI has better after sales support.That's why I suggested msi.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think you should consider AMD based options too. An Athlon II quad core is highly recommended over the Pentium G series due to its superior performance. Here is my suggestion:-

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 5.5K
Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 @ 2.5K
Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.2K
Seagate 500 GB SATA 7200.12 @ 1.9K

Total 11.1K. This config is better than both the Pentium G and i3 2100 based config. Phenom II 955 is an overall better performer than i3 2100 (except gaming) and offers better Multitasking capability due to its 4 physical cores. It also offers overclocking, missing in comparable Intel offerings. The motherboard supports CPu upto 125W TDP and also supports some of the Bulldozer modules too.

monsursound

Broken In
here is my suggestion....
intel core i3 2100 @ 5.1k
gigabyte H61M-d2-B3 @ 3k
Corsair 4GB value select @ 1.2k
Western Digital cavair blue 500GB @ 1.8k

I dont think u should go for AMD cheap quadcores unless u need to use multithreaded applications.Intel core i3 is a dual core hyperthreaded cpu and has superior architecture(sandy bridge) compared to the age old phenoms.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Nobody is denying that Sandybridge has better architecture than AMD AM3 processors but the thing is Phenom II 955 performs better than i3 2100 in most of the applications apart from gaming. As a dual core processor, i3 2100's performance is very impressive and HT enables superior multi-threaded performance too and it beats all the Athlon II quad cores. Phenom II X4 955 beats the i3 2100 because of its four physical cores and large 6MB L3 cache.

Here check the CPU Bench Comparison between i3 2100 and Phenom II 955

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
yeah and its a BE and can go up to 3.6 Ghz without doing anything thus further improving performance for no extra money. And a True Quad @3.6 Ghz is a damn fast thing.

monsursound

Broken In
Amd is the way to go for video editiing,photoshop...etc
But if the requirement is fast and responsive pc then it should be intel.
And,i dont think i would dare to OC AMD 955 BE on stock cooling....

Tarun

In the zone
go for a core i5 2400 which is for 9k and a DH61WW for 3k corsair value RAM 1.2k totals upto 13.2k that the best u can get in that budget a 955BE can not even touch the RAW power of i5 2400 even if overclocked over +4Ghz here check this out
even a Phenom II X6 1100T can not beat the RAW power here see it for urself
i would suggest u to save up a little more and go for a DH67BL which cost around 5k to 5.2k

Cilus

laborare est orare
Amd is the way to go for video editiing,photoshop...etc
But if the requirement is fast and responsive pc then it should be intel.
And,i dont think i would dare to OC AMD 955 BE on stock cooling....

Don't provide your presustained judgement without knowing the fact. Unlike Intel, all the AMD stock coolers are very good, even has Copper pipes in it. With the stock cooler you can reach 3.5/3.6 GHz easily with a Phenom II 955. I used to won one and overclocked it to 3.7 GHz while gaming with the stock cooler.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Yeah I did it too. Check my siggy. It works Fine. So far I didnt need that much power so went back to stock and undervolted

monsursound

Broken In
Don't provide your presustained judgement without knowing the fact. Unlike Intel, all the AMD stock coolers are very good, even has Copper pipes in it. With the stock cooler you can reach 3.5/3.6 GHz easily with a Phenom II 955. I used to won one and overclocked it to 3.7 GHz while gaming with the stock cooler.

Look bro,i didn't have dreams that AMD stock coolers are bad.Even here in DTF there have been posts regarding horrible sound coming from AMD 955 cooler and users complaining about overheating issues.May be you didn't have any problem but someone else had problems.Is it wrong to give any suggestions based on other user's experience???Is it mandatory to try out every single component yourself before giving any comments???Then i think everybody should stop commenting because no can really do so.Stop giving these 'know it all' kind of replies.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
955 BE C3 on Stock HSF - AMD - Overclocking 3.8GHz 1.45v on Stock
AMD Phenom II rocks when it comes to stock cooler overclocking 3.8Ghz 1.45v on Stock

*www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=w...sg=AFQjCNFJOzLGsjpP8GoljZJ5y3yZ_0Cb6A&cad=rja - Howto

So its safe to say 3.6 Ghz is pretty much on the cards. :) Above that for 24x7 We will require a Better One that can get us to 4 to 4.2 Ghz max.

Top Bottom