Motherboard and processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
ok, i get that.... something something.(Am not a technical guy-Less brain to understand lanes and all):D
so, please suggest a mothboard with 2 PCI X16 is enough.and its prices please.

Also suggest the LCD and cabinet and the entire rig.Is the switch ok?
thanks,
fatalcore.

My god, buddy you seem to be obsessed with AMD.
No offense but getting the 965be,ditching the 9550 and waiting for 5770 cf is simply an otherworldly desire.

If you want to maximize your system performance then go for a 5970 instead of changing everything along with a good psu.

The performance of 965be doesnt simply cut at that pricepoint considering the mighty i7's & i5's.

This was just my personal opinion but its your cash and you'll spend it the way you like.

Regarding cf boards go for am3 790 chipset based boards to access full x16-x16 configuration.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok, i get that.... something something.(Am not a technical guy-Less brain to understand lanes and all):D
so, please suggest a mothboard with 2 PCI X16 is enough.and its prices please.

Also suggest the LCD and cabinet and the entire rig.Is the switch ok?
thanks,
fatalcore.

ASUS M4A78T-E. this is a very good 1. with 2 Pcie X16 slots for dual graphics or MSI 790GX-G65 AM3. in previous post was telling you can use 4 cards if u wish to with motherboard based on AMD 790FX. u still may use 1, no problem, but it got the capability to handle 4. ok want the best of all? Get ASUS CROSSHAIR III FORMULA. not know much about pricing though.

but seriously, if u spending around 9.5k on 965, better get i5. supports crossfire by P55 motherboards. also your V8 cooler wil be used to its full potential rather than sitting & counting sheep.

if u plan to add another Card in crossfireX, get Cooler Master Centurion 690. its best in business.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
ASUS M4A78T-E = x8 x8 Auto arrangement for dual cards.
MSI 790GX-G65 = x8 x8 Auto arrangement for dual cards.
ASUS CROSSHAIR III = x16 x16 for dual cards.

Theory:
The PCI.Ex16 arrangement of x8 x8 vs. x16 x16, see a difference of around 10-12%. And that too if your resolution is >= 1920x1080. Else, at screens lower than this, it will hardly matter. Be it a single card/dual card, you will mostly get the same performance. That is games, not synthetic test. I using a x8 x8 on 1920 x 1080, and I immediately see a drop of 20FPS in Crysis, and a drop of 30FPS in RE5.

If you are ready to spend so much cash, for x16 x16 AMD boards, might as well pick a P55/i5 combination. You will get x8 x8, but you can OC that board/chip, and get better performance. (Like I have). Heck even a LGA 775 Quad (Q95xx) would do for you, but will not recommend, cause for the same price a i5 is available. Xfire with HD5770 on a P55/i5, will seriously kick ass, even at HD resolutions.

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
thanks a lot for such fast response ,:)
after all this discussion i guess i got what i wanted.(I should stick to my q9550 and replace my 9500GT to XFX 260 1gb).
However my uncle's son wants a configuration , price band rs.45,000.(Complete rig with keyboard and mouse also).
Please advice

Basic requirement : Lcd (18.5-19' max 20')and dominator Ram (No idea abt this stuff.)

thanks
fatalcore.
Please quote price also(Preferable Kolkata).
Please suggest.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks a lot for such fast response ,:)
after all this discussion i guess i got what i wanted.(I should stick to my q9550 and replace my 9500GT to XFX 260 1gb).
However my uncle's son wants a configuration , price band rs.45,000.(Complete rig with keyboard and mouse also).
Please advice

Basic requirement : Lcd (18.5-19' max 20')and dominator Ram (No idea abt this stuff.)

thanks
fatalcore.
Please quote price also(Preferable Kolkata).
Please suggest.

get HD 5770 so that you can later add 1 more & CrossFire them rather than sell your GTX260 later.

Phenom II X2 555 3.2GHz B.E. @ 5.2k
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO @ 6.5k
G.Skill 2*2GB DDR3 1333Mhz C9 ~5.8k
Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB @ 2.5k
Sony 24X DVD ~1.3k
Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W ~2.5k
Cooler Master Elite 310 Transparent @ 1.8k
Logitech Internet Desktop @ 0.6k
Samsung 2033SW 20" LCD Monitor @ 7.2k
Altec Lansing VS2421 2.1 @ 2.6k
APC 650Va @ 3.1k

Total @ 39.1k if he wants a graphics card, just get Transcand ram & 22X DVD Writer & add a HD5670 512Mb GDDR5 simple or even HD 5750 for more firepower. finish.

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
Thanks to all, All my questions are answered.
:D
Moderators can close the thread, if they want.
Regards,
Fatalcore.

RobinGoel

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
i am back after 5 and 1/2 month.
requesting xpert comment and suggestion,for a motherboard.
i5 750 , for below rs.8000.

Requesting topgear,to kindly send me a message as i need ur advice.

thanks,
regards,
fatalcore.:p

If it has to do with Intel processor, I think you should take some time out and ask Intel in house experts. They will be chatting live on 26th of Feb. More information at: Intel Live Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom