Moser Baer to sell movie DVDs for Rs 34

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
This is great, if they sell good old hindi movies for Rs.34/- it'd be a fantastic deal...but I hope they don't sell "Reshma ki Jawani" & "Shakuntala ki Bistar" kinda stuff for that cheap price.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I doubt they can 'sell' it for that el cheapo price.Considering that fact that most recent DVD's have a relatively high price tag,it would not not be feasible to sell the latest title at such rates.Today even a local DVD parlour can't rent VCD's for such low prices leave alone selling them.;)

If they can pull this one off then must be something extra ordinary.BTW where's the source of this news? Any links?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
allwyndlima said:
Today even a local DVD parlour can't rent VCD's for such low prices leave alone selling them.;)
Oh c'mon, I can get VCDs at a rent if Rs. 5 per day. It is THAT cheap.

It is a different matter, however, that I wouldn't be caught dead watching a VCD. The quality sucks.

nix

this is good. it will help reduce piracy. i will buy from them if they have the movies i would want. i also heard that some companyis going to selll songs for rs.12 per song. i think its online download mp3. that is not that cheap but its something... a good start indeed.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
ssdivisiongermany1933 said:
Rs 12 for a single Mp3 is no no .I can get A Mp3 CD for Rs 20
Well, you can get it for free also. The point is that a legal MP3 is a lot less expensive than buying the thing.

Of course, a true audiophile wouldn't be caught dead choosing mp3s over CDs or vinyl ;)

outlaw

De@d
i am gonna start ma personal library......

i saw the news on t.v but the packaging is not that great....

just a translucent cover sorta....

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ssdivisiongermany1933 said:
Rs 12 for a single Mp3 is no no .I can get A Mp3 CD for Rs 20

12 for a song is simply idiotic. Whoever Mr. MBA made this decision for them was surely a topper in his college.

Possible

Custom User Title
But consider iTunes, it takes 99c a track and keeps going down the same for each album of it you buy next. Music CDs cost approximately around 300 Rs. So say there are 10 tracks, each worth 12 would only make it 120. And if they use the new iTunes's model of reducing cost per album bought after a track, it'd be around 100 Rs. Which is quite cheap. IMO.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Seeing the list of Hindi Titles...they suck. Either the movies are too old to be seen again or are the ones which totally flopped in their times. All Hindi titles sucked except for 5-6. If these are the ones to be sold for Rs 34...I wouldn't even keep them at my home for free...junk! :D

Last edited:

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Their new website www.moserbaerhomevideo.com does show up 172 Hindi titles but most of them (95%) of the titles are unavailable. I did buy a few hindi and malayalam titles and the quality is good.The vcd packing is not that good, would have paid 5 bucks extra if they had provided good packingThe dvd packing is quite good, its the slim dvd case (like the digit april dvd case) and the regular thick one for malayalam.the video quality is also quite good.

nishant_nms said:
If Moser Baer gets into such a deal it will incredibly reduce piracy in India
Somewhat disagree...because the just released in theatre, titles wont come up on VCDs and DVDs as soon as the movie releases and people in India want to watch movies as soon as the release, and then they try and get pirated stuff...Somewhat agree...because people who dont mind waiting would wait and buy the legal stuff rather than pirated as they will get this at cheaper than the pirated stuff

led_shankar said:
Hey this is wonderful! I hope I'll get to see some 'regional' movies through this scheme
Yes, just visit www.moserbaerhomevideo.com

rajasekharan said:
here is my mini list........thalavattam, chithram, pattanapravesham, mookilla rajyathu, ramji rao speaking, mannar mathai speaking, desheratham, samrajyam, in harihar nagar....aah....lots lots lots of them....:) .. i want all in dvds...:)
DVDs of most of these are not available. and chitram and other titles are from Harmony who has not sold their rights or license to moserbaer, so that still remains at Rs.150/-

caleb said:
^^I wonder if it is possible for them to sell English movies at Rs.34/-
English titles would be available, but at a little higher price of Rs.69/-

outlaw said:
i am gonna start ma personal library......

i saw the news on t.v but the packaging is not that great....

just a translucent cover sorta....
Right, the VCD packing is not that good but the DVD comes in a proper case

ds_rajat said:
But how many movies in 1 DVD?
Ohhhh....how many movies do you want on one DVD priced at Rs.34/-? Its just one movie dude

How does Moserbaer make a profit?
Well. the close up and Lux ads are there, the same stuff that you see on the TV. I saw 4 movies and found atleast 4 ads on each VCD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom