Moser Baer to sell movie DVDs for Rs 34

Status
Not open for further replies.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
*www.business-standard.com/common/storypage_c_online.php?leftnm=11&bKeyFlag=IN&autono=18857*www.moserbaer.com/he_overview.asp

Optical storage and devices maker Moser Baer will foray into the entertainment space through the Indian home video market.

According to a release issued by Moser Baer to the BSE, the company will release video content on DVD and Video CD formats using its proprietary and patented technology.

Its new division is in final negotiations to acquire copyrights of more than 7,000 titles in all major Indian languages.

"The initiative will enable us to offer high quality titles at Rs 28-34 for VCDs and DVDs," Yogesh Mathur, group CFO of Moser Baer, said.

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Nice , but the content is not going to be the new releases . Some old movies will be the content. Still good start.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
There is an article in today's Eco Times that major production houses are not too keen on selling the rights at rates that Moser Baer is offering.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
mail2and said:
There is an article in today's Eco Times that major production houses are not too keen on selling the rights at rates that Moser Baer is offering.
Are most crap hindi movies worth spending even 34 bucks on? MoserBaer is being extremely fair IMO.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
drvarunmehta said:
Are most crap hindi movies worth spending even 34 bucks on? MoserBaer is being extremely fair IMO.

There are good ones too, which will be released at this rate. Movies like 'Dhoop', 'Wedded Bliss', 'Shadows of Time' etc, will also be sold I guess, as their production houses will sell them for cheap. :D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
mail2and said:
There are good ones too, which will be released at this rate. Movies like 'Dhoop', 'Wedded Bliss', 'Shadows of Time' etc, will also be sold I guess, as their production houses will sell them for cheap. :D
I see you have started using emoticons. :D

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
drvarunmehta said:
I see you have started using emoticons. :D

It's a good thing that I have started using emoticons. That'll stop the negative reps I get. Atleast, I hope so.

The producers don't get a cut on the sales. They sell the rights for a fixed amount. It is upto the company that buys distribution rights to recover their investment.

Last edited:

rajasekharan

Youngling
I wanted to see old titles selling for 30 rs . . Those are great movies :). The new ones are utter waist . Not worth for rs 30 .

rajasekharan

Youngling
here is my mini list........thalavattam, chithram, pattanapravesham, mookilla rajyathu, ramji rao speaking, mannar mathai speaking, desheratham, samrajyam, in harihar nagar....aah....lots lots lots of them....:) .. i want all in dvds...:)

magnet

Youngling
frm when this stuff will get started.....getting old movies of guru dutt and balraj sahni is worth the buks.......

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
a first good step to decrease piracy..... but if they offer good old movies...it will be really good....but at last, can they able to do that?? LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE HERE FOR DISTURBING A GOOD WORK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom