Monitor within 5-6K

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Hi all!!

Dear Mods, please do not move this to the TV/Monitor section coz the more experienced of the members are more active here. :)

Now, business...
Budget: 5K. Max 6K [try to keep it under 5K]
Resolution: 1600x900 [not more than this]
Size: greater than 16inches.
Use: Mainly Gaming, Movies, Photo Editing.

NB:
1. i dont want to go above 1600x900 due to graphics cards, which not being very powerful, will give lower frame rates in the upcoming games like Cry3, GTA V etc...
2. i am a casual gamer. so i dont care about response times until it affects the gameplay. and i dont know much about these, but i am gonna read up shortly..
3. i am limited to 5K. i will extend to 6K[max] only if there is some feature worth the extra money.
4. IPS panel or not, LED or LCD, you decide and gimme the best suggestion.
5. inbuilt speakers not needed.
6. most prolly i will be buying from Chandni, so shop suggestions from Kolkattans will be mighty helpful :)

My full system specs is in my siggy.

Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Shortlist based on suggestions:

1. Dell IN2030M
2. Samsung S20B300
3. LG E2042TC - BAD Viewing angles!!
4. AOC E2060SN - Only VGA i/p!!

Last edited:

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
BenQ 20 inch LCD - G2025HDA Monitor: Flipkart.com

or

Dell IN2030M 50.8cm (20 inch) W HD Monitor with LED

later has greater contrast ratio....

But you are one good photographer or clever editor(i feel later is correct).....:-D

Last edited:

hitman4

In the zone
97 reviews and 2 replies.........:shock:
check this out 20" - e2060Sn - Monitors - AOC - North America: U.S. for 6k at nehru place

saswat23

Human Spambot
You can get Dell IN2030M HD LED for 6k locally. Might cost 100 or 150 bucks more.
Its has both VGA and DVI port.

And you wont probably see any difference between analog and digital in a 20inch monitor. That's IMO.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
peace i was kidding.....

You are one hell of a good photographer

dont crap my thread.. this aint a place for you personal thoughts. :)

You can get Dell IN2030M HD LED for 6k locally. Might cost 100 or 150 bucks more.
Its has both VGA and DVI port.

And you wont probably see any difference between analog and digital in a 20inch monitor. That's IMO.

it looks good! thanks for the suggestion!

Hi,

Go for LG 2041T @6400, its good1. I am using the same.

its 1080p!

rayfire

Journeyman
i myself want a monitor at the same budget
it has come down to these two monitors

LG 20 inch LED - E2042TC
LG 20 inch LED - E2042TC Monitor: Flipkart.com
5ms response time and 1600X900 @75Hz.
but bad viewing angles.
DVI and VGA

Dell 20 inch LED - IN2030M
Dell 20 inch LED - IN2030M Monitor: Flipkart.com
5ms response time and 1600X900 @60Hz
DVI and VGA

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Mine is Samsung S20B300B 20" It's a mind blowing monitor..the first one came to me with a blue stuck pixel but the retailer replaced the whole unit..(it was a bad luck) The display quality of this monitor is just awesome..it's 6.3k+Vat in Vedant and Eastern(1 month ago)..
Choose between Samsung and Dell..i recommend Samsung (my model)..don't opt low budgeted AOC models..it's very very bad quality if you compare with samsung.
\\little advice//
1.check your monitor in the shop at least for two minutes
2.look carefully in every pixel by applying a black wallpaper (or you can find in 'check signal status' screen if the screen is stable).

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Mine is Samsung S20B300B 20" It's a mind blowing monitor..the first one came to me with a blue stuck pixel but the retailer replaced the whole unit..(it was a bad luck) The display quality of this monitor is just awesome..it's 6.3k+Vat in Vedant and Eastern(1 month ago)..
Choose between Samsung and Dell..i recommend Samsung (my model)..don't opt low budgeted AOC models..it's very very bad quality if you compare with samsung.
\\little advice//
1.check your monitor in the shop at least for two minutes
2.look carefully in every pixel by applying a black wallpaper (or you can find in 'check signal status' screen if the screen is stable).

thats a good monitor. thanks!
any shop which showcases monitors??

Get Dell IN2030M.
You should get it @~6K
Best choice for your budget.

yep, i have it shortlisted.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
why not take a 1080p monitor? and game at 1600x900?

Even i might buy a Monitor if parents allow, but 1 TB HDD is what is more than a monitor.

Top Bottom