Monitor displaying "No signal detected" even though computer is on

doomgiver

Warframe
is this the video error week or what? im getting the same error.

i think both our motherboards' display have died (mine has been having video problems for over 3 months)

i dont know about you, but its time for a new mobo for me.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
is this the video error week or what? im getting the same error.
I've been thinking the same thing although I didn't put it into writing before.

One factor that could be the common cause of at least some of the problems posted here is moisture. This is the rainy season in many parts of India and the air is saturated with water vapour. Many computer parts accumulate dust over months and years of use. The dust absorbs moisture which provides leakage paths for the sensitive electronics. Sometimes the problem is temporary and goes away when everything dries out again. Sometimes it causes permanent damage.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Usually I Love Rainy reason, for the obvious reason, that it Rains!
But, at the same time, I hate moist season, since it always gives me trouble. My mobo had gone kaput two times before. And both of the time, it was in rainy season. :(

Anyway, @OP: Back up your data, since that problem being a mobo issue, has the maximum chance. You may have to buy a new one. :|

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
Re: Hardware Price Check and Buying Advice Thread (Kolkata)

sorry!! ^^
:(

BTW shud i uninstall 11.7 and revert to 11.5

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if you can see the the POST screen/initial bios or UEFI screen and Xp/Win7 loading thing then it's driver issue for sure and if you were fine with 11.5 then revert back to old the version - the thumb rule of updating driver is if you are not facing any issues with the games and other apps don't update to newly released driver - new drivers are not stable always ;-)

BTW, while removing driver use Driver Sweeper - get it from here ;-)
Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

pimpom

Cyborg Agent

@tenida: I couldnt even reach the intel screen. haha
I said this before, but you didn't reply. Maybe you missed my post, so I'll say it again. If you cannot see even the first display after power-on, either the POST screen or the Intel logo, then it is not a driver issue. The software Catalyst driver is not yet involved at that stage.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

It does? Where to get silica gel and what is it :p

Silica Gel is used to prevent from Moisture....

as per ur problem...
it might be GPU problem.
how old is the GPU?

Install CC 11.6 instead of 11.5.

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
I just bought all my comp parts 3 months ago!!!!!!!!!
and as for motherboard i dont think that i have to buy a new one. Its only 3 mnths old. if anythings wrong:: RMA!!!

but recently this problem aint occuring. My comp is switching on!
and earlier it was switching on somtimes and other times it wasnt.
So i guess the problem might be solved. Lets w8 and watch! haha

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Disconnect GPU, run your PC connecting monitor to default (integrated) graphics rendering system of your mobo (assuming that your mobo have integrated graphics. If monitor works without any problem, then its your gpu which is causing problem. Otherwise its your monitor.

In first case, attach gpu in pcie slot carefully, and test it. In case of failure, go to hardware engineer or to the shop from which you bought your gpu.

In second case, change monitor's dvi/vga cable or any dvi to vga converter you are using. Fingers crossed.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I just bought all my comp parts 3 months ago!!!!!!!!!
and as for motherboard i dont think that i have to buy a new one. Its only 3 mnths old. if anythings wrong:: RMA!!!

but recently this problem aint occuring. My comp is switching on!
and earlier it was switching on somtimes and other times it wasnt.
So i guess the problem might be solved. Lets w8 and watch! haha

I am happy that you "think" positively, but the sad thing about computers, is that if you observe anything fishy, maximum chance is that sooner or later it IS going to get damaged.
It's usually like, peace before the storm.

I am not being pessimist here, and even I wish problem don't repeat again, I am just saying, don't put your hopes too high.. :(
:-D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to know your problem is solved. Keep a watch on your PC for some time.

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
yh dude it DID re occur. It re occurs after every time i leave my comp on in the night to download stuff.

But that shouldnt happen. Its not my gpu since i tried with integrated gfx. I dont think its my monitor. So i think the only option left is the Mobo. Gotta claim warranty i guess. :(

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ha Ha. It's always better to learn from one's own experience. You are growing up buddy. ;)

Top Bottom