MohanDas Gandhi was the one who brought us freedom??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I don't know if I am picking a controversial topic..Sorry If I am...

But People always says the Mahatma Gandhi did so much for us..Call him Bapu and so on... I've seen people believeing in him like some kind of God...
OK he did something for India but He was not the only one. Why people don't Remember and talk about Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose , Bhagat Singh ChandraShekhar Azad as much as they do for MohanDas Gandhi..

There were so much things negetive about that man...

What are your views?

My exact Question is :

Is it OK to give all credit of freedom to MohanDas Gandhi?

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
he was not the only one... there are lot of others behind him..

its just like.. bill gates is the one who found M$... but we exactly dont know how many are behind him :D :D

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
He was one of them and had his unique way (i dont agree of it).
There were others also as Quiz_Master mentioned them.
I also agree with Arsenal_Gunners that WW2 was in a way helpful for us to get our freedom.

Last edited:
NO NO NO,he was responsible for the death of Bhagat Singh,Rajguru and Sukhdev.
Nathuram did right.We all know what he did.
Netaji Subhash,Pt,Jawaharlal Nehru and Chandrashekhar Azad as u mentioned played a major role in our independence.
Satyagrahas didnt do any gud.
I totally oppose Gandhi.
whatever anyone says.

@sachin-yaar thread quiz_master ne start kiya hai qwerty ne nahi.

karnivore

in your face..
Arsenal_Gunners said:
WWII gave us our freedom.:|

1000000000% correct.

Read some Gopalacharya and u will find the logics all laid out. However i did not like the way he dismissed Netaji's contribution.

Yes Gandhiji, did pay his role. But to give all the credit to him is, well........i don't know, insulting all other freedom fighters.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I've read Gandhi's Autobiography (official as published by Gandhi foundation). In that he says it pains him that people call him the mahatma. And yet we "respect" him by calling him EXACTLY THAT. You can get a copy at your local bookstore of The Story of my Experiments with Truth by MK Gandhi. Nice book, he is quite honest in it.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I have seen some people abusing Mahatama Gandhi.And i have also heard that Jawaharlal Nehru was also not liked by many people.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I wouldn't want to abuse him. He was a pacifist and played his role in the freedom struggle. At the same time we cannot over glorify him. Once you read his book you will realize that he was a little eccentric too. I guess the line between genius and insanity is very thin :D

As for nehru, well it is said that he died of tertiary syphilis affecting his aorta. Unfortunately no one likes to talk about these things. Just google for
nehru syphilis
You'll be surprised

Last edited:

bharat_r

In the zone
Ya it was the WW 2. Britain had lost heavily in the war. They couldn't sustain the colonies. So they were on a de-colonizing spree.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I hate gandhi. Give all credit to GARAM DAL for freedom. Aazadi haath jodne se nahin milti uske liye ladna padta hai.

praka123

left this forum longback
it was mainly WWII as someone earlier said -that speeds up freedom for India(and Pak).
Now the opposite is happening Indians&p0kis are flooding Europe and esp Britain(and british are really pissed off by us :D !)
@nucleuskore:I do remember the photo showing Nehru acting so romantic to lure Mount Batton's wife.
and amazed to hear that he died of syphilis!

OP
Quiz_Master

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Oh my Oh my...:D

I can't believe so many of you have thinking like me on this matter. Actually I posted this because in my class everyone is like "Gandhi Bhakt" so I wanted to get some solid points against all this "Gandhi was only one" crap...

What I think is MohanDas Gandhi actually slow down our independence. Not even that there were some big faults in his character :

1.) The Indian National Congress wanted Sardar Vallabhai Patel to lead Independent India but he was asked by Gandhi to not to stand for the same as he wanted Jawarharlal Nehru to be India's first leader.
Patel was much suited candidate.

2.) Gandhi didn't approve Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose because Gandhi considered his methods as "not adhering to his concept of Ahimsa". This leader thus didn't get much support from the Indian National Congress because of this attitude on Gandhi's part.
Later he formed the Indian National Army and fought against the British in the Second World War. And you all allready said the importance of WWII in our freedom.

3.) Whats more... We know how violent and cruel Hitler was. Still Gandhi called him, "My Beloved Brother". :p Gandhi never seemed to have realised the great danger that Nazism represented for humanity.
Read the 13th para here
*www.rediff.com/news/1999/aug/13india.htm
(Or read the whole article, Its an eye opener.)

4.) One of the main reasons why Hindu fundamentalists were against Gandhi was due to the fact while Gandhi was prompt in his protest and criticism of Hindu violence against Moslems in India, he didn't even protest or censure the Pakistani government or the Moslems concerning violence against Hindus.

5.) Nothuram Godse's statement at his trial can be read HERE.
There he said
Gandhi is being referred to as the Father of the Nation. But if that
is so, he had failed his paternal duty inasmuch as he has acted very
treacherously to the nation by his consenting to the partitioning of it.
Exactly. Who father will want his son/daughter to cut it in half.

Enough Said ~~

Gandhi was not a hero he was a common man who contributed to this country as much as any common man did that time(Well he contributed even less then a common man). And he shouldn't get all that attention he is getting.

(Sorry if what I said hurt anyone... But what I said is true facts... Google it ;) )

NucleusKore

TheSaint
bharat_r said:
Ya it was the WW 2. Britain had lost heavily in the war. They couldn't sustain the colonies. So they were on a de-colonizing spree.

There also was a change of government to Labour in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom