MohanDas Gandhi was the one who brought us freedom??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightcrawler

Broken In
Well, I had said before Gandhi played an imporatant role in bringing Independence to India also it was because of Gandhi to a very large extent that post Independent India is percieved to be a very peace loving nation by outsiders....maybe he is also partly responsible for India being a Soft State.

Though some of the decisions that he took were questionable...Bhagat Singh being one of it.

amol48

Searching...
nightcrawler said:
it was because of Gandhi to a very large extent that post Independent India is percieved to be a very peace loving nation by outsiders....maybe he is also partly responsible for India being a Soft State.

What's the use of it but ?? People of India very well know this does not hold true !! That will be just like giving a FAKE impression. It's useless !!!

neelu09

Broken In
shirish_nagar said:
Surely, I did "SOMETHING" for India.

* I never thought that INDIA must be partitioned.
* I never differentiated between Ram and Allah.
* I will never say "Hey RAM" while dieing and still people should call me greatest religion neutral !!

And again from one drama based on Nathuram Godase's life, he asked on question, "why u think, he said 'Hey RAM' when all says HE is a religion neutral" ?

*gandhi never wanted partition . it were jinnah & nehru which left no other choice.
*he never differentiated bwt any relegion. this is clear from various works of his life.
*do you expect him to say"hey RAM Ya ALI OH jesus" after being shot.By the way it is not clear whether he said hey ram or not

Speaking on the topic, who said he was the sole cause of our freedom
He is the Father of our nation cause he belonged to the party which formed the first govt. the contitution.
other leaders opposed the thinking of INC and are thus shadowed.
Gandhi is a figure used by the congress to gather votes.
we should respect leaders like Netaji, Bhagat singh,Azad but that does not mean we should insult gandhiji. He was also an important figure in our independence struggle.
How many of us have looked for information on netaji. Wat were his ideals/thoughts that lead to his actions. Wat did he dream of an independent india and are we doing anything to make this true.
His work was to lead a national party with a large following. It is not an easy task to bring a nation as large as india with such a cultural and ethnic diversity.
the politicians are using him to gain vote.
They are the one who created the image of mahatma in front of us and are using it against us. but that does not mean gandhi was a mean person and that we should hate him.
The truth is due to recent movies like Bhagat singh, heyy ram, etc. & starting of such debate at many places on net people feel that it is modern thinking to hate gandhi.
that it is old thinking to respect gandhi. talking among friends saying insults to gandhi seems a good thing nowadays.
while the truth is we do not want to do anything for the nation.

DID gandhi ever say he was the sole reason of our Freedom??? It's the political setup that says so.

runeet

Broken In
Gandhi I would say was an exceptional man, about 2-3 yrs ago if I was asked this same thing I would have promptly replied as Gandhi was a A*****, but during the course of the years I began to understand him better. In some manners I would say that he had almost enlightened himself, because to follow non-violence & all the philosophies that he followed is almost impossible.

For the partition part, people blame him entirely for it but you should know that he never willingly agreed to it. To stop all the violence occuring he had to give consent. First I also blamed him like others entirely, but after understanding the conditions under which he gave his consent I know understand it.

If you people really want a good insight on his life you should watch Richard Attenborugh's movie 'Gandhi'. A masterpiece of celluloid & a perfect portrayal of the man.

Ultimatly it was never his wish to be called as Mahatma, it was the people who began to refer to him in that manner, similar to the fashion that people started calling Jesus Christ a god, when he was just a man sent here to do his bidding because of which he was persecuted.

thepirateboy

Broken In
he was a great man...before you people insult him more think would you give up your whole life for a cause...he was from a well off family...studied law...he had a bright future ahead of him yet he dedicated his whole life for his country...he could have lived in South Africa or London yet he lived in Sabarmati Ashram with people from all casts(which was unthinkable at that time)...went on hunger strikes for causes that were not his own...agreed he was not the only reason but he was the biggest reason we got our indipendence...just show some respect towards the man...

Cerebral Assasin

Showstopper
Gandhi was an Idiot and an ultimate opportunist. He was responsible for the death of Bhagat Singh, Chandrashekhar Azad, Rajguru, Sukhdev and many other people. He divided punjab and made Pakistan. He only thought about himself not about the country. He just wanted his party to have power, that's why he removed everybody who came in his path cleverly. A DEVIL IN DISGUISE :evil:

thepirateboy

Broken In
Cerebral Assasin said:
Gandhi was an Idiot and an ultimate opportunist. He was responsible for the death of Bhagat Singh, Chandrashekhar Azad, Rajguru, Sukhdev and many other people. He divided punjab and made Pakistan. He only thought about himself not about the country. He just wanted his party to have power, that's why he removed everybody who came in his path cleverly. A DEVIL IN DISGUISE :evil:

man your brain is so screwed up you cant see the truth...give me a single proof that Gandhi was responsible for the death of those men...those men knew what they were doing...Gandhi never agreed with violence...it was Jinnah and the British who divided India and created pakistan...if he only thought about himself then we would not be having this discussion cause the man whom we are talking about would have never returned to India and would have stayed in South Africa...so chill and read some literature about him...

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
thepirateboy said:
... it was Jinnah and the British who divided India and created pakistan...

and do u know, who gave the FUND to Pakistan at the time of division ?

neelu09 said:
*do you expect him to say"hey RAM Ya ALI OH jesus" after being shot..

One way.. Yeh... surely... HE MUST SAY if he is Religion-Nuetral
Another way... No... But he shouldn't say HEY RAM too.

thepirateboy

Broken In
shirish_nagar said:
and do u know, who gave the FUND to Pakistan at the time of division ?

it was a curtsy on India's behalf...India had to give Pakistan the money...think of the situation at that time...there was no war between India and pakistan at that time...all the world was wathching the birth of these two countries...but I agree we were fools by giving them the funds but it had to be done...

runeet

Broken In
Gandhi advised the Indian government to give aid to Pakistan, because he thought that they will accept it as a good will gesture & continue to remain friendly with us. Which as we all know was the biggest delusion.

The only good that country will ever be is when it will be destroyed.
Like how India trains engineers to create stuff, pakistan creates the so called 'jehadis' to destroy stuff. A perfect balance.

arnold

Broken In
Gandhi was a good social reformer, but when it comes to politics and Indian interest and achieving freedom,I must admit,he was a dampner..Taking no credits away from him or his school of believers it can be safely said that he did more harm than good by co-operating with the Britishers to divide the country on the basis of some damn religion! Freedom was sure to come sooner or later at that part of the time[He would have been a fool not to guess that standing in 1940's],but what he did by helping India to be free after getting divided has given rise to problems which we are still now suffering from,and perhaps will be doing it for many hundreds of years still to come as well. And not only to us Indians, this act of division which gave birth to the greatest terrorist nation of the world is now threatening the whole world! So,it can be clearly understood that it would have been much better had Gandhi never played a single role in India's fight to freedom,which really never been achieved fully as was expected with a divided and weakened India !! India would have been a better place with no so called "service" of this "Father Of The Nation" to this great nation,as the good he did was to the backward class people as a social reformer,and that could always had been looked after by someone else later as has been seen so many times in India history.But being in Politics,he really screwed India up a lot than anyone could have ever expected.So,where was his real contribution as well as Nehru's ? They have largely acted for their own selfish needs,which was fame,publicity and gaining prominence among the Indian political fraternity and nothing else at that time,and did a little for India's true well being as a nation...... What do you all think,fellas ?

moshel

Padawan
i believe Mahatma Gandhi did not give us freedom. the reasons we got freedom were.

1. Germany Kicked british A** sooo much in WWII they(british) didnt have enuf manpower to rule over so many countries in the world. Thats why u will notice many countries got independence from the british between 1945 to 1950.

2. in addition to the above, the UN told the britishers to give up the colonies.

in short he did fight for indian independence....but really i dont give him the credit...

and also it was he who put it in Jinnah's mind that india and pakistan shud be separate. Mahatma Gandhi is the one becos of whom india and pakistan are fighting today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom