Mobo + Procci at 30k : Upgrade

abhifusion

Broken In
Hello friends, this is my 1st post on thinkdigit :)
My curent config is:
Intel C2D E6600@ 2.4GHz
Intel DG965RY
2GB @ 800MHz Trancend
Palit HD4850 512
250GB+1TB+2TB HDD
CM 690
Corsair VX550
Dell SP2208WFP Monitor...

I'm almost fixed on i7 2600k, want you guys to suggest motherboard and RAM...
How is ASUS P8Z68-V Pro? Also I read about ASRock n MSI Pcie 3.0 motherboards , will it be wise to wait for them as SB i7 wont be supporting Pcie3.0 anyways !
And which one is better amongst GSkill Sniper and Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz ...

If possible, help me with latest prices too (Location: Pune) :oops:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro @ 13.4K
Ram: Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL @3.3K

You wil need Custom CPU coolers with i7-2600K even if you do not overclock.

CPU cooler: CM Hyper N620 @2.5K
or CM Hyper 212+

Amongst GSkill Sniper and Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz, Corsair Vengeance is better, but moth might have issues while overclocking. So, get the ram what I've posted in this post or goo for Corsair XMS3 (2GB / 2X2GB / 4GB / 2X4GB / 8GB) ram.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
d6bmg, buddy before posting just try to get the real problem and then suggest...1 piece of suggestion for you. Vengeance rams do create a problem, but the problem is nothing to do with overclocking. It can run at 2000 MHz easily. The real problem is due to the bigger size of Vengeance, sometime they create some problems while installing a big aftermarket CPU cooler. With a CPU cooler installed, in most of the cases Vengeance ram can't be plugged to the first two sockets, near to the CPU.

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^I agree.vengeane only has the problem of its bigger size.It is actually made for overclockers only,so how can it have some issues with oc?

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I am also from Pune and my advice is DONT buy from here. It will cost you minimum 2K extra.

So If someone is coming from Mumbai get them through them and get it assembled here.

ps: Dont care for PCIE 3.0 as its no use as of now or next 1-2 yrs unless you plan to CF to TriF

OP
A

abhifusion

Broken In
thanks for the replies guys...

I do plan to get custom CPU cooler after a while. So I have to drop vengeance. Which leave me with Ripjaws, Sniper n XMS ... which one is better ?

@ Tech_Wiz
Here I got a quote of 16k for 2600k and 13.9k for V Pro ... I guess i'll hv to but it from Mumbai only :-\

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
yep. Retailers in Pune are Hopeless. They are ill updated and expensive. Its even cheap to go to Mumbai Personally and come back than buying through them :p

And go with Ripjaws. I got them as well. They are low profile hence dont obstruct any custom Cooler and have life time warranty.

OP
A

abhifusion

Broken In
Go for RipjawsX..

yep. Retailers in Pune are Hopeless. They are ill updated and expensive. Its even cheap to go to Mumbai Personally and come back than buying through them :p

And go with Ripjaws. I got them as well. They are low profile hence dont obstruct any custom Cooler and have life time warranty.

Okie, i'll go with RipjawsX then...

Yeah, Pune comp hardware retailers r pathetic :-/ ... Who would believe Pune is major IT Hub !

BTW any idea for how much 2600k is selling for in Mumbai ? If i go with prices mentioned on sites its 15.9k :( ...

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Yep its pretty much around that Tag. But unless you are using Applications which benefit from HT you can always go with i52500k and save 6K. With this saving you can Buy a Noctua D 14 and push the i5 to 4.5 GHz without any issues and it will Topple even the mighty i980x in almost everything.

Top Bottom