Mobiles to cost more

nginx

In the zone
I don't know how it is wrong. It is just like a luxury tax. All phones under 2k can perform all functions you want from a phone, ie messaging, calling, alarms etc. If you want to play games or watch movies on it, it is a luxury and taxes are justified. Either this or companies should manufacture phones here, generating employment. With this increase in tax, a 30k phone will cost around 31.5k. I'm quite sure if you can pay 30k, you can stretch by 1.5k.

Wow look someone is trying to justify "luxury tax" as if the government isn't ripping us off enough with customs duty, VAT, service tax, sales tax, income tax, educational cess etc. etc.. Clearly we need a luxury tax as well because the common man does not deserve to own a phone with a price tag over 2k.

It has also been reported that Internet is also going to get costlier soon because we need to pay DOT for VOIP services provided free of cost by Skype. Another ingenious scheme by the government to rip us off.

amjath

Human Spambot
I thought of importing Nexus 4, now :(

Update: To add more clarity on the matter and also rectify what we had mentioned earlier, government is increasing the excise duty. So, the imports are not likely to be impacted by this. We are actively tracking it and will update the story as we get more information.

Mobile phones to get costlier in India #Budget2013 (Update)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah, wondering why we don't manufacture more here, considering we are about the only country that can produce engineers in the volumes required for such operations apart from china.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I want to see a tax on depending on the size of the ministers' belly, because obviously that's a sign of having lived in luxury. :|

Hrishi

That'll be helpful only if they don't stack up those extra Taxes in to their own pocket. [ Trying to act robinhood , huh. ...?? ]

tkin

Back to school!!
yeah, wondering why we don't manufacture more here, considering we are about the only country that can produce engineers in the volumes required for such operations apart from china.
Rare earth minerals, china controls the supply and if you manufacture there instead of other places china sells it cheaper.

That'll be helpful only if they don't stack up those extra Taxes in to their own pocket. [ Trying to act robinhood , huh. ...?? ]
cough...swiss bank....cough....caymans....hack thoo.

tkin

Back to school!!
I heard that in BO2.
Its as real as the game showed it, China controls the material to make everything, every gawd damn chip out there, its worse than oil on Saudi's as China literally has 95%+ market share, and worse yet, China plans to stop export, that means, either come and make your stuff in China or GTFO: Rare earth element - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Global rare earth production section).

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Hmmm when does this implement?? i mean will the prices of phones go up from right now??

Hmmm when does this implement?? i mean will the prices of phones go up from right now??

OK why am I the unluckiest guy?? I have been using my nokia 7610 for almost 5 years now. I was thinking of upgrading in 1-2 months. And now this comes. :wah:

SlayerAndy

Broken In
Do you really think the tax that is levied will be the amount by which the prices will increase? If there is an increase of 1k, the price would hike by 1.5k. We are getting ripped off. Someone talked about luxury, that means we are just turning to dictator country. The VIPs get every possible concession, and we are just turning to their slaves. We work hard, we earn, and we pay taxes on every action we do, just to fill their pockets. Just like it used to be in ancient kingdoms.

Consider 2 of the many that came to light. Lets forget which we don't even know about.

2g Spectrum scam- Scam of Rs. 1,70,000 crore
Indian coal allocation-Rs 1,80,000 crore
Lets add it up
3,50,000 crore

Where did that come from? Lets divide by our population,say 100 crores for now.
Rs. 3,500
Is the amount that went out of everyone, and I mean everyone's pocket. Now, money can't disappear, neither it can be lost, so where did it go? To offer luxury to our kings and queens, and we have to pay luxury taxes. :banghead:

tkin

Back to school!!
Do you really think the tax that is levied will be the amount by which the prices will increase? If there is an increase of 1k, the price would hike by 1.5k. We are getting ripped off. Someone talked about luxury, that means we are just turning to dictator country. The VIPs get every possible concession, and we are just turning to their slaves. We work hard, we earn, and we pay taxes on every action we do, just to fill their pockets. Just like it used to be in ancient kingdoms.

Consider 2 of the many that came to light. Lets forget which we don't even know about.

2g Spectrum scam- Scam of Rs. 1,70,000 crore
Indian coal allocation-Rs 1,80,000 crore
Lets add it up
3,50,000 crore

Where did that come from? Lets divide by our population,say 100 crores for now.
Rs. 3,500
Is the amount that went out of everyone, and I mean everyone's pocket. Now, money can't disappear, neither it can be lost, so where did it go? To offer luxury to our kings and queens, and we have to pay luxury taxes. :banghead:
Then do everything to throw off this government ;)

Top Bottom