Mobiles below Rs.20,000

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The only reason one shouldn't consider the Nexus is because it's super fragile, unless you baby your phones or use a hard case. The camera is pretty average / bad too.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
The only reason one shouldn't consider the Nexus is because it's super fragile, unless you baby your phones or use a hard case. The camera is pretty average / bad too.

camera isnt really bad, inferior to the pureview and "downsized pureview sensor" lumia(720,820 etc),xperia z and other exceptional camera phones yes but better than most droids atleast
fragility is a problem on the nexus 4 but no longer on the nexus 5, ive dropped mine many times no damage at all and i use capdase cases on all my phones so no loss of looks etc plus not at all fragile(yet)

- - - Updated - - -

OP I am able to play FIFA 14,Xcom and Asphalt 8 Seamlessly on Moto E!

Now this is great justification!!!

just got mine yesterday from flipkart, impressive for the price

$hadow

Geek in making

Camera ain't that bad man. Yeah you need to put it in a good shell, I already dropped mine around 10 times but luckily no scratches thanks to its case.

Hrishi

Nexus 4 shares same hw as my E970 ( in fact a little inferior quality being not the flagship of lg itself , like display /sound. )

Now Camera module being the same , all I can say about camera is that its less than an average. Don't expect much out of cam.

The two other things that may not impress you would be the fragility thing ( yeah its way too fragile. Specially the rear glass.) And the limited memory.

You forgot to mention an important point....... Battery life, which is less, compared to other (even cheaper) phones at that price point.

Eg: Moto G, Xperia SP, S3 have better battery life than my Nexus 4
Battery life is average, in short

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot to mention an important point....... Battery life, which is less, compared to other (even cheaper) phones at that price point.

Eg: Moto G, Xperia SP, S3 have better battery life than my Nexus 4
Battery life is average, in short

S4 is a better all round multimedia device than N5..... A bit more performance is not worth giving away better battery life, better camera & better screen, also its more compact

Moto X is good for 24k, no doubt...... If you can adjust with bit inferior screen, then Xperia ZR is also great device @ 25k, it has better camera, better battery life, water proofing......

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
S4 is a better all round multimedia device than N5..... A bit more performance is not worth giving away better battery life, better camera & better screen, also its more compact

Moto X is good for 24k, no doubt...... If you can adjust with bit inferior screen, then Xperia ZR is also great device @ 25k, it has better camera, better battery life, water proofing......

On which basis does S4 has better quality!
Their highly over saturated Amoled display doesn't make screen better!

Camera quality is superior but low light conditions it under performs !

But Call quality and pure vanilla experience is only available on N5.

I don't know about sound but Vibration quality of N5 is far better than Samsung!

Battery life totally depends on use as they have by far similar capacity !

Ah most of all Samsung lags!Due to that Exynos and if you want future proof phone N5 anyways!

.jRay.

Youngling
On which basis does S4 has better quality!
Their highly over saturated Amoled display doesn't make screen better!

Camera quality is superior but low light conditions it under performs !

But Call quality and pure vanilla experience is only available on N5.

I don't know about sound but Vibration quality of N5 is far better than Samsung!

Battery life totally depends on use as they have by far similar capacity !

Ah most of all Samsung lags!Due to that Exynos and if you want future proof phone N5 anyways!

+100000000

Samsung should stop adding useless features to their phones and concentrate on a more natural coloured screen, improve touchwiz and remove the bloatware.

ankush28

Bazinga
I'll still say get Moto X ;) much better phone at cheaper price. Hell it doesn't lag even with a dual core processor. [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] how moto x display is inferior?? 720p, 4.7", AMOLED, good sharpness and good pixel density what else you need? Plus 720p will use less battery and other resources.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'll still say get Moto X ;) much better phone at cheaper price. Hell it doesn't lag even with a dual core processor. [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] how moto x display is inferior?? 720p, 4.7", AMOLED, good sharpness and good pixel density what else you need? Plus 720p will use less battery and other resources.
I think he meant that Xperia ZR has an inferior screen compared to Moto X.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I think people need to understand the difference between first generation AMOLED and latest Super AMOLED panels used. Moto X has the same panel used in Jet or Wave, which will look great as they will be vibrant and rich, but WAY OFF from true / natural colours. But this has been sorted out on S5, I still believe it's the best phone for display out there (kindly read worthy reviews like of Anand and all), it keeps the main advantage of AMOLED, like keeping the superior contrast ratio and deeper black levels yet matching the true and accurate colours. I have spent hours and even at a time was literally obsessed about calibrating my TV (VA) and monitor too (IPS) to match perfect dE, and I did too, but in the end I realized while watching movies or playing games, you know what matters, the only thing? Contrast ratio and vibrancy of colours. You won't give a bloody damn about accuracy there especially when you will see washed out black levels of IPS (which looks disgusting in movies to be honest) and dull yet accurate colours. Unless one want to do photography related editing work I don't think there is a huge advantage of IPS (kick TN out of the competition please).

In you cell phone you are not gonna do any photography related work right? Those IPS displays, for example Z2, look what Sony did with the white balance and gamma, they changed it to match the vibrant colours of AMOLED panels, so it's basically a IPS panel with over-saturated colours. The near perfect IPS panels would be G2 or M8 or those kinds, and when you will see it in front of Z2 or S5 you will say, hmm, colours look washed out.

Anyway, too much lecture here I guess. I will choose Moto X over S4 thousand times. TouchWiz sucks big time, I don't know how Samsung managed to create a heavy and bloated skin as that, so just for the sake of software optimization Moto X will thump and blow the S4 out of the water as many times as it want, even when it is running on inferior hardware. And believe me, in a cell phone all you will care about is the software optimization part, that's why devices like Nexus or Moto X has so much praise, and I respect that, even when the former has a cheap and poor build quality with a below average camera, and latter an average camera and inaccurate display.

So at the end, the S4 wins in two categories only, the camera, it's good, it's capable, no matter what people are saying, the HDR mode is brilliant, however forget low light shots, it's million times ahead of Moto X and N5, and the display too, you can use a custom kernel to make the display more saturated (I personally used the movie mode at the end), but that's about it. All other points are in favour of Moto X. Now you decided as per your priority.

However being said all above, one thing I am slowly understanding, there are small things which matter. Samsung devices might not have all the basics right, like disgusting vibration (however believe me there are very few device with decent vibration), putting that tiny mono speaker grill at rear side, but some of there software modifications are rather handful, like now with my M7 I don't see any scheduled messaging, also when you go to call history on Samsung and tap on a log it shows you the history, while on M7 if you touch on a call log once it will dial that person, you will have to press and hold to see the history, which is ridiculous and utterly time wasting. These small and tiny things will never be mentioned in any review, but only time will give you the idea of these things, and they all matter.

Remember one more thing, Moto X might have a locked bootloader, so you won't be able to root it, unless you purchase a dev edition without warranty. I don't get the purpose of an un-rooted Droid, and never will.

ankush28

Bazinga
I know IPS displays looks bit more natural and has better color reproduction. But with LCD-IPS display, Active Display will suck whole battery within few hours. AMOLED doesn't lighten black pixels and saves battery. Overall Moto X is best user friendly phones. Especially 'Lazy' users :p

lethalforce

Broken In

eh? i thought it is octa core- with each core doing a specialized task!

Top Bottom