mobile under 15k-20k

rishabh

Broken In
the budget is strict.
should be touchscreen
i'll use it for ; calls, messaging(casual,not heavy) , internet(facebook,youtube,google) ,music(as an alternative to ipod),wifi...
also whats the best place to buy among delhi,hyderabad,mumbai.:cool:

Last edited:

Pranav19

Broken In
Htc one v
Xperia neo v
Xperia sola
All these fall in your budget and are good.
If you dont care about ics update galaxy s plus is also a good one

OP
R

rishabh

Broken In
also i won't be high on apps or gaming...
just music,fb,youtube..other than that ill use it like a normal phone.

between defy plus and htc one v which one is better considering my case?

y2karthik

Broken In
Defy XT @ 14k in eBay
Experia U @ 16k Dual core but restricted by no memory slot but 6 gb usable.
These are the best bet.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

aroraanant

Explorer
Xpeira Sola is a very good option but I think it won't have a good battery back up as the battery in it is very small.
Apart from that you can have a look at Desire S(if you can find one), One V, Neo V.
That are the best options for you.
Extending your budget to 22k will give much better options like Sensation and Xperia P

OP
R

rishabh

Broken In
@aroraanant @sam and others,

my final description..

The pointers,

The budget is around 20k.
should be android 4.0 or ICS update in near future.
screen size minimum 3.7"
processor (I just don't want it to lag..so dual core maybe?)
front camera preferred (not compulsary)
phone will not be used for hifi gaming
will be used for music(alternative to ipod) , internet (fb,youtube) , wifi , bluetooth
camera quality is not an issue

please keep motorola out as i heard service is pathetic.

p.s. I know complaints on htc one v that the screen lags and becomes yellow?

aroraanant

Explorer
Get Sensation or Xperia P.
Well I can't say much about Xperia P as I haven't got my hands on it.
But Sensation is quite good and look wise it is just awesome.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The budget is around 20k.
should be android 4.0 or ICS update in near future.
screen size minimum 3.7"
processor (I just don't want it to lag..so dual core maybe?)
front camera preferred (not compulsary)
phone will not be used for hifi gaming
will be used for music(alternative to ipod) , internet (fb,youtube) , wifi , bluetooth
camera quality is not an issue

then grab Xperia Sola. Perfect in line with what you require.
And no you don't need dual core mobile to be lag free :p all you need is a 800Mhz-1Ghz Cortex A8/A9 without any sort of bloatwares or UI tweaks is more than sufficient :)

looks like what i heard was correct. check any mobile with Android 4.0.3. Most are having problems. Sony Ericsson Xperia V, Live With Walkman, HTC One V all have Android 4.0.3 and are experiencing problem. Android 4.0.4 update should fix all of these.

X-jo

Broken In
Get Sensation or Xperia P.
Well I can't say much about Xperia P as I haven't got my hands on it.
But Sensation is quite good and look wise it is just awesome.

why are you suggesting him 22-24k phones when his budget is around 20k? And i see you suggesting Sensation for every 18k, 20k phone thread when you yourself haven't used it. Don't go for Sensation. I have used it and the battery sucks, i have tried 4 stock Sensation phones and its the same.

then grab Xperia Sola. Perfect in line with what you require.
And no you don't need dual core mobile to be lag free :p all you need is a 800Mhz-1Ghz Cortex A8/A9 without any sort of bloatwares or UI tweaks is more than sufficient :)

looks like what i heard was correct. check any mobile with Android 4.0.3. Most are having problems. Sony Ericsson Xperia V, Live With Walkman, HTC One V all have Android 4.0.3 and are experiencing problem. Android 4.0.4 update should fix all of these.

Yes, Sola is the best for your requirements. Don't go for HTC One V, i have 2 friends who bought that and they are facing screen issues, mobo issues and also one got switched off and ain't turning on. Better go for Sola, haven't heard any user issues so far

the budget is strict.
should be touchscreen
i'll use it for ; calls, messaging(casual,not heavy) , internet(facebook,youtube,google) ,music(as an alternative to ipod),wifi...
also whats the best place to buy among delhi,hyderabad,mumbai.:cool:

If in hyderabad(as i see your place as the same), there is a place in Abids called Jagdish market whichi s full of mobile shops and Faizul's Communication is which i find to be trustworthy, some phone reviewers in Hyd also get them from Faizul's. I got my Atrix2 for 20.8k(used CC so 2.5% extra, so total 21.3k). The phone was priced at 21.5k including a 4GB pendrive and 16GB memory card. I didn't want them so they deducted 700Rs. In flipkart the phone was for 22k hence i found Faizul's a very good place in Hyderabad to buy mobile phones.

Hope that helped.

aroraanant

Explorer
why are you suggesting him 22-24k phones when his budget is around 20k? And i see you suggesting Sensation for every 18k, 20k phone thread when you yourself haven't used it. Don't go for Sensation. I have used it and the battery sucks, i have tried 4 stock Sensation phones and its the same.
The OP said that the budget is around 20k, and BTW I have used Sensation, I have recently bought it for a friend of mine and its really a nice phone.
The battery issue is there but it has been hyped and it is not that much, it won't bother anyone that much
In a budget of 15-18k the best options are:
Neo V
And Desire S, thought its hard to find one.
I don't suggest One V though its camera is better than Desire S and has got good build quality and looks but it lags a lot,it has got some software issues right now.
And Sola has got a very small battery which I think will create a problem, but comment much on that as I haven't used one.

OP
R

rishabh

Broken In
how is samsung galaxy s advance?
online reviews are good but only if it is around 20k ..time to visit stores

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Galaxy S Advance is priced at 23,000 , highly overpriced ...

not highly overpriced. Though the price is definitely on the higher side but you get more internal space and Super AMOLED display. But loose out on the camera and the design is the same as the original S.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yellow?
I have One V & I haven't seen any yellow issues.may be those are manufacturing defects in some models just we heard about SGS2 long ago :|

Don't go for HTC One V, i have 2 friends who bought that and they are facing screen issues, mobo issues and also one got switched off and ain't turning on.
Again,the switched-off is model specific Issue not every One V has that.

@rishabh: go to showrooms/malls & have a demo of One V & Sola.coz now days dealers display Live phone models not just old dummy ones.
test both & buy which u like

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
xperia sola...
the small battery actually provides a good battery life...
and since u wont be churning out high scores on games,you get even more juice...

OP
R

rishabh

Broken In
incredible s is available at saholic for 21k...should i go for it?
and desire s for 16k.
or should I buy a newly released phone only

i went to the store and checked out one v and sola.
one v looks and feels better in hands than sola..I know many won't agree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom