Mobile phone with 3G + EDGE + Wi-Fi Possible under 12K ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power UP

In the zone
*www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/specifications/g502?cc=in&lc=en

That's the G502 specifications page on the Sony Ericsson website. EDGE is not mentioned there. Only UMTS and HSDPA is. Why would a company leave out something that is present on the specs page of it's own product, unless it does not exist?

No clear idea why they might have left it out.

Maybe since edge has become quite common in mobiles that, they thought probably there was no need to explicitly mention it.

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_g502-2350.php
*www.phonearena.com/htmls/Sony-Ericsson-G502-phone-p_2849.html

The above two sites properly mention EDGE though.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_g502-2350.php

It may be a typo or you are looking at a chinese version of the phone or a region specified version.

It has edge.Period.

It was the Indian SE website. They might've forgot to specify it. In that case it is SE website PHAIL! :lol:

No more off topic posts now. Or hitboxx will ban me. :p

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Thanks a lot for the suggestion friends. I give full respect to you and your suggestions, I am not against Nokia at all too, but I still prefer not to go for it !!! Please do not feel bad.

P320 asus looks quite promising. HTC also. Anybody in this forum use any of these ?

Yes, it seems EDGE plus Wi-Fi seems quite impossible combination for SE. At least for the models I checked in various websites.

I will check more.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The only SE phone that I know of which has both EDGE and wi-fi is C905, which is not yet launched and will cost more than twice your budget.

Is there any reason why you don't want to go for a Nokia phone? Cause the E51 really is perfect for you. You'd really be wasting your time searching for other phones.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@krazzy

I was using N 3230 for about 3 yrs. I used many other Nokia phones as well. I do not know the exact reason, but I am not comfortable with Nokia nowadays.

Yes, now I know getting an SE for the requirement is nearly impossible. I am thinking of increasing my budget slightly (14K) and go for Asus or HTC. But it seems not many use those ? As I couldn't see any posts regarding those.

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
Whatabout HTC Touch / HTC-S710 (I know second one cost is slightly high) or HP mobile phones ?

Anybody using those ? Any comments ?
they both r excellant phones
my younger brother has htc touch (nice stylish phone) it now retails @ 13-14k i think
my dad owns htc s710 it has intigrated qwerty keypad(but no touch screen) it also looks gud. u can find it around 12k

hv a look at asus p320 i had ordered it thru storeguru.com for 11k nice phone n hey it has gps toooo. most probably i will get my phone today.

all of these hv wifi, gprs,edge,bluetooth n offcourse windows mobile as os

i wud suggest u asus p320 as its a new phone n has gps too
n htc s710 as ur second choice

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Thanks a lot for the replies friends.

Till now, mobile phone = Nokia / SE for me lol, now I see there are lot of alternatives.

I will check the HTC / Asus ones.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
2 x PHAIL

I R getting edge speeds on airtel :D

P.S: please close your stinky mouth :lol:
You sir, are phail.
/me slaps Abhinaab.

@krazzy

I was using N 3230 for about 3 yrs. I used many other Nokia phones as well. I do not know the exact reason, but I am not comfortable with Nokia nowadays.
Why don't you get your hands on a E51 and use it for some time and see if it is comfortable for you? You might just change your mind. ;-)

Last edited:

anispace

dattebayo
plz atleast check out d e51 b4 u make ur decision. I own one and would really recommend it over any phone in this price range.

For 11000rs u will get all the connectivity options possible( edge+3g+3.5g+wifi+bt+irda+usb).

In addition to this u also get symbian + 16m color awesome screen all in a super sleek body.

Now if your budget was higher a windows mobile based phone would be better but at 11k this is best u can get imo:)

Ps: i posted this using my e51;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom