Mobile for My Wife as gift -Budget 60K :Can stretch if needed .Urgent Please help

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Mates, I am quite confused about gifting my wife a new mobile. Nothing seems right for her :( Please help me.I am stuck and its genuine problem else woudn't bother you guys. Preferably i will make purchase tomorrow.

She's using Galaxy s3 and feels its too bulky for her,so bulky that shes stopped almost receiving calls on it unless really urgent :( .I don't want to buy her S4,don't think its going to make difference.

I believe She needs something around 3.5 " Screen but i don't wish to gift her iphone because of the pathetic battery life. (Shes seen me running cover to cover looking for that elusive charger for iphone 5 before)

What she needs, which i presume and hope i m right :-

1) Mobile with Great Screen (Full Hd ) but not 4 inchers. Should be easy to hold for her to talk and she seems quite chatter box. :D

2) Feminine looks very must , preferably in white or pink. (Hates black male oriented boxes).

3)Only need and use would being viewing pictures and videos. (No gaming ,apps etc or other use)

4)Has to have camera the best in business almost at par with dedicated Digital Camera.

5)Standby time atleast 3 days with about some talktime inbetween.

Budget as mentioned 60 K and but can stretch.Only need is the mobile should be strictly as per above requirements

Please please help me guys. I am leaving outstation day after tomorrow and would be out a week so to stay in contact i need her to throw her s3 and get her something she is comfortable with so i can stay in touch with her.

Person with best answer gets a special gift from me :)

raksrules

Youngling
Pathetic battery life on iPhone? Seems you have used a defective iPhone.
Btw at one side you say she is chatterbox and you expect lot of calls I believe but then other point says 3 days stand by with some talk in between.
Both are contrary I think.
Btw my dad uses an iPhone 3GS and has limited calling and he charges every 4 days.
I am not saying you go for 3GS but saying you do give iPhone 5 a thought.

if you plan on android then don't really expect great battery life. Unless it is note 2 etc but then it become huge which you don't want.

60K is very very generous budget for a mobile phone but what you are trying to purchase is a phone with out of the world battery life which you might not get.

Last edited:

raksrules

Youngling
Totally agree with raksrules.
Get her white iPhone 5 32GB nothing better than this.
Else HTC ONE

Not one, not good battery life.

@OP
One option if you are ok with older android, go for Motorola maxx or maxx hd as It has 3300 mAh battery and phone is also portable.

nikufellow

In the zone
4inch full hd android :confused:
Better get white ip5 its perfect btw.if you are that adamant not to buy one - have a look at viloet lumia 820 it has good camera plus a portable 4.3'' real estate !

Anish

Spectre
I will suggest Blackberry z10
If not for the screen size, HTC Butterfly (HTC phones feel more feminine to me)

shreymittal

Being Human
Well lumia 920 will also work best low light cam in that price range
@OP Dude you cannot get all things in one package you have to compromise in one section

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
~edited~
I was this close recommending you VERTU, but saw its prices and your budget.
Please consider Blackberry Z10 too.

red dragon

Master troll
Mobile for My Wife as gift -Budget 60K :Can stretch if needed .Urgent Please ...

Get a Nokia 1100 or something like that.
BTW,iphone 5 has pretty good battery life compared to most Android phones out there.

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Btw at one side you say she is chatterbox and you expect lot of calls I believe but then other point says 3 days stand by with some talk in between.
Both are contrary I think.
Btw my dad uses an iPhone 3GS and has limited calling and he charges every 4 days.
I am not saying you go for 3GS but saying you do give iPhone 5 a thought.

if you plan on android then don't really expect great battery life. Unless it is note 2 etc but then it become huge which you don't want.

60K is very very generous budget for a mobile phone but what you are trying to purchase is a phone with out of the world battery life which you might not get.

Thanks for the suggestion but just in case you missed my Post I explicitly allured to NO 4 Inchers and unfortunately iphone 5 has 4 inches and i know for fact she doesnt like my iP 5 as she says after few minutes of talking it gets uncomfortable with a screen stuck with sweat to your cheek. Like i said 3.5 " should me max. She's had iphone 4S so don't think i want to go that road with 3gs.
But thanks mate nevertheless.

Best thing you can do is wait for S4 coming on 27th this month or get Note 2 if you cant wait.

And again mate they have 4 inches or more screen which will not cut it.

Totally agree with raksrules.
Get her white iPhone 5 32GB nothing better than this.
Else HTC ONE

Thanks will google HTC ONE to see what its like. Thanks

Not one, not good battery life.

@OP
One option if you are ok with older android, go for Motorola maxx or maxx hd as It has 3300 mAh battery and phone is also portable.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am really okey with Old Mobile models. Let me check on Maxx HD and get back to you.

4inch full hd android :confused:
Better get white ip5 its perfect btw.if you are that adamant not to buy one - have a look at viloet lumia 820 it has good camera plus a portable 4.3'' real estate !

Well lumia 920 will also work best low light cam in that price range
@OP Dude you cannot get all things in one package you have to compromise in one section

Can't even consider 920 its 4.5 inchs and i dont even want 4 inches in the first place.
I think i agree with you.Seems i can't have everything. Lets compromise on the battery first.

~edited~
I was this close recommending you VERTU, but saw its prices and your budget.
Please consider Blackberry Z10 too.

Frankly my Budget to start with is not 60K. Its just that it is a margin enough to cover most mobiles out there and quoting 1 or 2Lakh budget looks too showfull and rudish. Since i am looking to gift her a mobile which will cover span for 2 years atleast i am open to vertu if you an suggest right model.

Buddy which model do you suggest ?

Get a Nokia 1100 or something like that.
BTW,iphone 5 has pretty good battery life compared to most Android phones out there.

You mean this...Nokia 1100 *cdn2.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/no1100.gif

I may as well sigh those divorce papers. Least i can hope is it doesn't hurt my face much when thrown.

Get a Nokia 920 and with rest of the budget get her some earrings.
Nokia 920 has 4.5 " inches screen.Will be taken as joke.The mobile i am gifting her in the first place is to save my self from buying her diamond earrings. Rest buddy you can construe.

Ok i think i need to compromise if i have to come on some conclusion otherwise this thread is going nowhere.

So here is the way i would like to compromise:-

1) First being, it has to be feminine which is absolutely vital.

2) Should be compact but not too small so there should be some point in checking pictures and videos.

3) Should have best camera @ all conditions.

4) Battery comes last now .

Can someone cook up an answer , Please...?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1) Mobile with Great Screen (Full Hd ) but not 4 inchers. Should be easy to hold for her to talk and she seems quite chatter box. :D

2) Feminine looks very must , preferably in white or pink. (Hates black male oriented boxes).

3)Only need and use would being viewing pictures and videos. (No gaming ,apps etc or other use)

4)Has to have camera the best in business almost at par with dedicated Digital Camera.

5)Standby time atleast 3 days with about some talktime inbetween.

@OP,

1. You know, 1080p resolution looks same as 720p if screen size is that small (<4 inches). I don't think there's a phone having <4" FHD screen.
2. Yeah, needs to be great for that budget.
3. Only this much?
4. No camera phone ever can match the picture quality of a similarly priced Camera.
5. Since apps and games are not on priority, any phone should be able to give about 4 days of standby time.

That being said, get her a Lumia 620 (white or pink) 8GB at 15k and save the rest.

Edit: Another option can be Lumia 520.

Lumia 920(available in different colours)- if she is fine with its size n weight. Great camera. Average battery life

Sony Xperia SL- 4.3" 720p display, it should be pretty comfortable to hold. Average battery life.

Apple iPhone 5- Better battery life than other two. I don't know why u feel it as low.

Motorola RAZR MAXX- Good battery life but not so good screen...bad compared to other 3. Not so good camera.

Blackberry Z10- Good screen n compact size. Average battery life. Not so good camera.

Samsung Galaxy S4- Good battery life, camera n screen. But 5" may feel big.

My opinion- Best suited seems iPhone 5 but since its out of question, with all above mentioned smartphones, so get Lumia 620(not so good screen n camera with average battery life).
You can also check Galaxy S3 mini(4" screen though)

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

My friend's uncle's iPhone 4S lasts hardly for a day. He is by no means a heavy user, normal calls, hardly any messaging, just a few hours browsing. I do agree it's better than similar grade droids, but not at all good by any standards. But again, iPhone is not to be blamed. Smartphone era has deprioritised battery life expectancy by a huge margin. The rat race has left out some of the important aspects of a "mobile" device, battery life and portability being the most important.

@OP- The only phone I find and believe, exists according to your needs is Xperia: Ray. It can be had for 14k now. A true beauty and my first phone love :p
The only thing it or any other smartphone won't fulfill is 3 days battery backup. If she is such a chatterbox and calling bird, then one day will be enough. You can add yourself a duty of charging the phone daily night ;)

shreymittal

Being Human
Dude get her iPhone 5 64GB eyes closed
Btw my iPhone trio 4S, 4, 3GS three of them last for a day on heavy usage they are used by my parents and till oct we will replace them iPhone 5

Edit: @luffy can u please change your avatar because some members and me getting confused.:)

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
@OP,

1. You know, 1080p resolution looks same as 720p if screen size is that small (<4 inches). I don't think there's a phone having <4" FHD screen.
2. Yeah, needs to be great for that budget.
3. Only this much?
4. No camera phone ever can match the picture quality of a similarly priced Camera.
5. Since apps and games are not on priority, any phone should be able to give about 4 days of standby time.

That being said, get her a Lumia 620 (white or pink) 8GB at 15k and save the rest.

Edit: Another option can be Lumia 520.

Thanks for the detailed answer. It looks that if she has to have a great screen it has to be 4" and looks like i will go for it.

About the minimum usage buddy, i need to switch internet on her mobile.Cuz even if she as much as gets a small notification from some app update she goes paranoid and moreso feel screen is small for internet surfing. Lumia 620 or lumia 800 may do i think. Let me check

Lumia 920(available in different colours)- if she is fine with its size n weight. Great camera. Average battery life

Sony Xperia SL- 4.3" 720p display, it should be pretty comfortable to hold. Average battery life.

Apple iPhone 5- Better battery life than other two. I don't know why u feel it as low.

Motorola RAZR MAXX- Good battery life but not so good screen...bad compared to other 3. Not so good camera.

Blackberry Z10- Good screen n compact size. Average battery life. Not so good camera.

Samsung Galaxy S4- Good battery life, camera n screen. But 5" may feel big.

My opinion- Best suited seems iPhone 5 but since its out of question, with all above mentioned smartphones, so get Lumia 620(not so good screen n camera with average battery life).
You can also check Galaxy S3 mini(4" screen though)

Thanks pal. I think ill go through your thread in detail.Thanks again for detailed answers.Wish there was repo button .

My friend's uncle's iPhone 4S lasts hardly for a day. He is by no means a heavy user, normal calls, hardly any messaging, just a few hours browsing. I do agree it's better than similar grade droids, but not at all good by any standards. But again, iPhone is not to be blamed. Smartphone era has deprioritised battery life expectancy by a huge margin. The rat race has left out some of the important aspects of a "mobile" device, battery life and portability being the most important.

@OP- The only phone I find and believe, exists according to your needs is Xperia: Ray. It can be had for 14k now. A true beauty and my first phone love :p
The only thing it or any other smartphone won't fulfill is 3 days battery backup. If she is such a chatterbox and calling bird, then one day will be enough. You can add yourself a duty of charging the phone daily night ;)

Xperia Ray looks real good. Checking its features right now. The screen at 3.3 looks manageable too.Thanks for the suggestion. It seem i will need to schedule my self time for her mobile charging.But shouldn't this be a big chore. On daily basis. Where exactly is the smartphone market heading.REALLY wait for the day when smart phone sees its draining and charges itself.

I think you are looking for a phone that simply doesn't exist :)

Lumia 800 comes the closest IMO

You may just be right mate. The thing i need doesn't exist in market.. :(

How about nokia pureview 808?

The screen resoultion @ 360 x 640 pixels, 4.0 inches (~184 ppi pixel density) suggests it not a great Screen but wow look at the camera on the thing. This looks tempting..

To ALL going to the shop with your suggestions and check the mobiles in person.Thanks all ! Its been a great revelation and huge help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom