arjoonpk

Broken In
guys.... i'm planning on buying a new moby....
my budget's around 18k... 20k the limit....
whats everyone's take on SAMSUNG GALAXY S ADVANCE.....
this phone kind of suits my requirements well..
what's stranding me is the news that the it is getting an android jelly bean update in near future.....
now i'm a little confused here..... need i wait till the jelly bean version hit the market or will i get an OS update for a phone i buy now(current one with ginger bread).......
S ADVANCE currently is available to me @ 18k....
also would the jelly bean updated one gonna cost more........ ??
what do you make of it guys.... do help me out...
P.S: if this a repeated thread i beg my pardon. in that case do let me know about the other thread.....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't buy a mobile with the an of getting an update. Looking at the way android mobiles are receiving updates, don't expect JB update before February '13. And as by that time S Advanced will be replaced by S 3 Mini or something like that, update may get cancelled also. Your best bet, buy a mobile with Android 4.0 and don't expect any further update. If there is an update, take it like a free bonus gift.

Under 20k check Motorola Atrix 2 & LG Optimus L9. Both have best hardware under 20k and also big display. Atrix 2 won't get Android 4.1 update Motorola announced, L9 should get update by Q1-Q2 2013. Thats why i said, don't expect or wait for updates. Your next bet is Sony Xperia P at 21k from adexmart. Lastly, updates are free. Won't cost you anything neither raise the price of the device.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Motorola is on XDA boycott list because of their horrendous policy of no updates and locked bootloaders. Avoid everything Motorola...

Get a Galaxy Nexus, for 19.5k on ebay... They best Android experience anyone can have...

sharang_3

Journeyman
samsung usually delivers on its promises...and they made an announcement back in august that s advance will get official JB and that is why they skipped ics for it..if you want to buy a phone at 18k now..get it or atrix 2...only advantage s has is JB but you can install custm jb roms on atrix aswell whichll work fine..as for extra costs no u wont have to pay..and if u buy now u can update it via your pc to JB so your present phone will get the update too..:)

OP
arjoonpk

arjoonpk

Broken In
Motorola is on XDA boycott list because of their horrendous policy of no updates and locked bootloaders. Avoid everything Motorola...

Get a Galaxy Nexus, for 19.5k on ebay... They best Android experience anyone can have...

i went through the specs and nexus does seem an awesome product under 20k....
but is it officially available in India yet...??

don't buy a mobile with the an of getting an update. Looking at the way android mobiles are receiving updates, don't expect JB update before February '13. And as by that time S Advanced will be replaced by S 3 Mini or something like that, update may get cancelled also. Your best bet, buy a mobile with Android 4.0 and don't expect any further update. If there is an update, take it like a free bonus gift.

Under 20k check Motorola Atrix 2 & LG Optimus L9. Both have best hardware under 20k and also big display. Atrix 2 won't get Android 4.1 update Motorola announced, L9 should get update by Q1-Q2 2013. Thats why i said, don't expect or wait for updates. Your next bet is Sony Xperia P at 21k from adexmart. Lastly, updates are free. Won't cost you anything neither raise the price of the device.

heyy thanks... that did help a lot yaarr...

but dude only samsung and sony offer good service at my place..... any other good products from them under 20k, you suggest..??

or how do you rate these 3 mobies....

1. samsung galaxy nexus
2. sony xperia p
3. samsung s advance

price, battery, display, and performance being the areas of interest..... which do you think is the best buy.......

Last edited:

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
i went through the specs and nexus does seem an awesome product under 20k....
but is it officially available in India yet...??

heyy thanks... that did help a lot yaarr...

but dude only samsung and sony offer good service at my place..... any other good products from them under 20k, you suggest..??

or how do you rate these 3 mobies....

1. samsung galaxy nexus
2. sony xperia p
3. samsung s advance

price, battery, display, and performance being the areas of interest..... which do you think is the best buy.......

Between three, galaxy nexusis best anyday.. GOOGLE updates, hd screen

Xperia p is a great phone but battery backup is not good.. If u compromise with 1300mah battery then it's rocking phone..u can have a look at my review...

S advance is also a good phone with scheduled jb update is on tHe way next year.. Though U won't get 1gb ram, full hd recording, hdmi connectivity, better screen ppi like Xperia p n nexus

Another phone is LG optimus L9..

Last edited:
OP
arjoonpk

arjoonpk

Broken In
I came across a page on specifications of SAMSUNG GALAXY S ADVANCE which said like this..

Android OS, v2.3.6 (Gingerbread), upgradable to v4.1
ref:Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance - Full phone specifications

now it's gsm arena which says so... sooo... i'm worried if this option yet available in India...
because the last time I heard it was like S ADVANCE is waiting for the JB update and all.....
can i count on this guysss.... what you say.... please guide me here.....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
JB (Android 4.1) will be out in said to be out in january. So expect the update to hit before April as there are always delays.

Soumik

Padawan
Galaxy Nexus was never officially released in India. So chk with the service station near you if they cover Galaxy nexus. Other than that, its the best option to go for among the 3. Unless u want expandable memory, then u can get Galaxy S Advance.

Top Bottom