.mkv files - split

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyCo

In the zone
Hi.

1. I searched for mkv and cdnt find any post.

If one compresses a Blu ray / HDDVD we get a .mkv file.

Does anyone know of any splitting software, with which i can split a 8GB file in 2 parts , so that i can write the same on a DVD ???

2. As i was posting this, if ne1 offhand remembers a way to clip scenes out of AVI files, plz lemme know the software. I want something easy, like VCDcutter, except that VCD cutter doesnt cut AVI files and sony vegas is too complicated ..

please read BOTH the questions and lemme know :)

ciao.

Softwares:

FFMPEG
MEnoder
MediaCoder
Video Lan Client

The above can be used to mess with files. You can use avi-demux for joining files.
MKV-toolnix is another way to do things with matroska.

PS: wait for MetalheadGautham's Multimedia Tutorial if you want information about anything concerning MM, as I am an Alpha Hardcore Multimedia Geek.

OP
C

CyCo

In the zone
When will u be posting it ??

Can u pls post a link here ??

Thx ..

Last edited:

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
*www.matroska.org/downloads/windows.html

see editors section in the page opened after clicking the link above

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hey Cyco when you install mkv codecs in your PC you will get default MKV splitter. I dont know the exact name.
There are many softwares for splitting, cutting AVI files but most of them are paid softwares. If you need any more info let me know!

OP
C

CyCo

In the zone
i tried HJsplit, but it split my files into 001 and 002.

I want 2 mkv parts so that i can directly view it.

Its like i want to divide one movie file into 2 parts, each VIEWABLE separately.

??????????

anyone ?? any reply ??

Last edited:

Vivek788

In the zone
hm....why do u want it like tat...?
if its for burning to disc.i guess unless some video editor supporting mkv is used...not much can be done....well...i am a noob in tat area...

OP
C

CyCo

In the zone
exactly for that reason .. then i can just insert the dvd and start watching .. otherwise i will need to copy 4.5gb from both dvds and join and then see and then delete ................

dats y i need a video software that lets me split it ..

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hey Cyco earlier I had a software to split an MKV file into two based on the time given. I tried looking for that software but couldnt locate it. I will try searching again for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom