Missing Data on Removable HD

Nexus

Broken In
I have checked the forum for similar thread but couldnt find it so :
I have 160GB Removable HD from WD.
Today when I connected this HD, it says all 160 GB are full except some 2.35 MB free storage.
But Drive is showing only 6 GB of data. I have scanned this HD for bad sectors and also through Recuvo Scanner.
Files are not hidden. Can anyone help me to find these missing files, I have lost nearly 130 GB of data. Pls help.
File system is NTFS
:pullhair:

clmlbx

Technomancer
Which Os are you using..? Did you try making system files Visible..

There is some kind of Virus I have experienced that change every folder and file to system file.. and by default windows Hide system files..

and why have you kept everything in spoiler tag.. spoiler tag is not for this purpose :wink::p

OP
Nexus

Nexus

Broken In
Which Os are you using..? Did you try making system files Visible..

There is some kind of Virus I have experienced that change every folder and file to system file.. and by default windows Hide system files..

and why have you kept everything in spoiler tag.. spoiler tag is not for this purpose :wink::p

I am using Windows 7 64 bit.
and regarding spoiler tag, its habit because of other forums. :mrgreen:

Neuron

Electronic.
Probably your PC is infected with some virus or a virus in some other PC to which you connected your HDD was infected with virus and changed the folders into system-hidden. Make sure 'hide protected system files' is unchecked in folder view options

Top Bottom