MircoMax Phablet A100 [ Launched]

Hrishi

I Didn't found any posts about MicroMax A100 , despite of the fact that this phone has brought some decent challenge in the 5" Android segment under 10k after its launch.

Well , The display looks quite appealing to me , but the Specs can be little low for the ICS4.0.

AFAIK from sources , A100 features
5." SuperAmoled Touchscreen with 480x854 pixels , but its scratch-prone.
2000Mah Battery.
1Ghz Single-Core processor.
512MB Ram and 4GB Prebuilt Disk Space.
Android 4.0 .

Here's the link for it :
IBNLIVE

Click Here For GSMARENA .

I think the cheapest price online and offline is 9,400INR.

I don't prefer MMX personally due to its BrandName , but this one got me becuase of its display and PriceTag.
A 5" Screen that too AMOLED 1.6Billion color at this pricetag is simply irresitable.

WHat do you think ???

kool

Cyborg Agent
I Didn't found any posts about MicroMax A100 , despite of the fact that this phone has brought some decent challenge in the 5" Android segment under 10k after its launch.

Well , The display looks quite appealing to me , but the Specs can be little low for the ICS4.0.

AFAIK from sources , A100 features
5." SuperAmoled Touchscreen with 480x854 pixels , but its scratch-prone.
2000Mah Battery.
1Ghz Single-Core processor.
512MB Ram and 4GB Prebuilt Disk Space.
Android 4.0 .

Here's the link for it :
IBNLIVE

Click Here For GSMARENA .

I think the cheapest price online and offline is 9,400INR.

I don't prefer MMX personally due to its BrandName , but this one got me becuase of its display and PriceTag.
A 5" Screen that too AMOLED 1.6Billion color at this pricetag is simply irresitable.

WHat do you think ???

I'm planning to buy this.But its not AMOLED. it has 16m color, 238 ppi screen depth. :) and good battery backup.

tkin

Back to school!!
Nice phone, but if the battery turns out to have the same issue as my Micromax Funbook has(wrong calibration, shuts down @ 60%) then its not good.

nginx

In the zone
Nice phone, but if the battery turns out to have the same issue as my Micromax Funbook has(wrong calibration, shuts down @ 60%) then its not good.

You having the same issue mate? Hehe. My battery shuts down at 60% too. Every few weeks, that percentage seems to come up by 10%. A few months later, I reckon the tablet will shut down at 99% lol.

I don't think I would buy anything Micromax again. They just don't have the expertise or infrastructure to do a mass recall and repair when some major issue like this crops up.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Had some mmx years ago,went kaput aftr 5-6 months.pathetic service centres but battery backup was very good.

tkin

Back to school!!
You having the same issue mate? Hehe. My battery shuts down at 60% too. Every few weeks, that percentage seems to come up by 10%. A few months later, I reckon the tablet will shut down at 99% lol.

I don't think I would buy anything Micromax again. They just don't have the expertise or infrastructure to do a mass recall and repair when some major issue like this crops up.
Use a battery calibration app, it will go down to 60% again, mines 66% now, a calibration brings it back to 60%.

tkin

Back to school!!
how long does it take to reach the 60% level?
Normal discharge time, 4-4.5 hrs pdf in airplane mode, i.e no wifi, as I had said, its a calibration issue, the battery itself is ok, but can't be fixed by wiping battery stats or calibrating using apps.

nginx

In the zone
Use a battery calibration app, it will go down to 60% again, mines 66% now, a calibration brings it back to 60%.

Don't really see a point in using a calibration app if it fixes nothing. I am using a battery alarm app currently which sounds a battery low alarm as soon as the battery reaches 65%.

Top Bottom