Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I searched bluetooth in synaptic & installing all the packages. How to find if my dongle is working or not?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
gx_saurav said:
Garry, benefit of Mint is that media files play better then Ubuntu.

Guys, Phone...bluetooth..imav where r u

so why are you installing codecs then:rolleyes:

T159 said:
codecs link is not working form me.

you need mediubuntu repo enabled:)

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Install the package gammu and wammu for your phone to work, also install the bluetooth support files I mentioned in iMav's thread.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
gx_saurav said:
I searched bluetooth in synaptic & installing all the packages. How to find if my dongle is working or not?
first check it its deteched by linux for or not:)
by
Code:
lspci
Code:
dmesg

Ps: if you can't understand, post it here;)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Don't worry about that. 99% dongles use the common chipsets which are supported by Linux and if your dongle is not supported you are probably 1 in 100000!!!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
infra_red_dude said:
^^^ Don't worry about that. 99% dongles use the common chipsets which are supported by Linux and if your dongle is not supported you are probably 1 in 100000!!!
still why take chances

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
GR8, my phone worked for 2 mins over bluetooth. I was able to browser my phone & card memory but then it stopped working & i get an error. This one...

*img442.imageshack.us/img442/4195/screenshotzp8.png

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ dwnld the packages infra gave ... i was getting the same error the error stopped thanx to infra but i still cant send files :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I connected the phone via data cable & Wammu is working. But it is unable to retrive my "Phone contact", but it can easily read my SIM contact & SMS. I get a timeout error in wammu when i try to retrive phone contacts

I downloaded all the packages possible for bluetooth, still the same problem.

Also like I said before Amarok is the only media player which is able to play all my music fine. I tried banshee but it doesn't play many files saying "No codec". Bacshee is native to GNome that's why I wanted to use that

@ Gary,

Linux is able to detect my bluetooth adapter & my phone. I just can't browse the phone anymore

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I connected the phone via data cable & Wammu is working. But it is unable to retrive my "Phone contact", but it can easily read my SIM contact & SMS. I get a timeout error in wammu when i try to retrive phone contacts

What phone do you have . I would kill to get this working on my Nokia 6681 :( .

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
SE K750i

I am unable to fix the bluetooth problem. With datacable i m able to transfer files but not able to send SMS etc using Wammu.

I installed the tango themes for GNome & Firefox. There was a new skin, Darklooks which is good but if I use it then Mint menu looses all it's colours.

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
gx_saurav said:
SE K750i

I am unable to fix the bluetooth problem. With datacable i m able to transfer files but not able to send SMS etc using Wammu.

I installed the tango themes for GNome & Firefox. There was a new skin, Darklooks which is good but if I use it then Mint menu looses all it's colours.

Ah for sending files you might want to take a look and see if you have the package gnome-vfs-obexftp. By the way before you send files Open applications > Accessories > Bluetooth File Shareing (Something with a blue antenna icon :D Im on a Win system at an internet cafe so IM nto sure if it was called that. Then try sending files from/and to the phone )

Hope this helps.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
gnome-vfs-obexftp is installed, double checked.

Even with that bluetooth icons, i m unable to browse my phone over bluetooth. When I try to send files, my phone is unable to detect the computer

Any ACDSee like photo manager for linux?

Enough of configuring. I m working since the last 2 days & haven't even been able to configure 10% of the system. Gnome sux. Period.

I m getting Kubuntu, atleast in KDE things work

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
gx_saurav said:
KuickShow ( *kuickshow.sourceforge.net/ )
ShowImg ( *www.jalix.org/projects/showimg/ )
Gwenview ( *gwenview.sourceforge.net/ )
GQview ( *gqview.sourceforge.net/ )
Eye of GNOME ( *www.gnome.org/projects/eog/ )
get more programs *www.linuxalt.com/

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
gx_saurav said:
gnome-vfs-obexftp is installed, double checked.

Even with that bluetooth icons, i m unable to browse my phone over bluetooth. When I try to send files, my phone is unable to detect the computer

Enough of configuring. I m working since the last 2 days & haven't even been able to configure 10% of the system. Gnome sux. Period.

I m getting Kubuntu, atleast in KDE things work
u can get picasa for linux, search a bit
*picasa.google.com/linux/download.html

F-spot manager is another in the breed.

For simple pic viewing GThumb is best, its like irfanview.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aaaaaaaaaa Gnome hardly has anything :mad:. I want to switch to KDE.

There is a Linux Mint DVD of 1.05 GB & in synaptic KDE is 282 MB. Is there a way to download some big package for later use? So that if I reinstall Linux I can reinstall KDE Using that.

Downloading Picasa right now. I am familier with Picasa so might be helpful

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
gx_saurav said:
aaaaaaaaaa Gnome hardly has anything :mad:. I want to switch to KDE.

There is a Linux Mint DVD of 1.05 GB & in synaptic KDE is 282 MB. Is there a way to download some big package for later use? So that if I reinstall Linux I can reinstall KDE Using that.

Downloading Picasa right now. I am familier with Picasa so might be helpful
download it now using synaptic & and then save on cd though Aptoncd;)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Can he run kdebluetooth? it has a much better GUI than struggling through all this. I guess if its available in Kubuntu, you can install it in Ubuntu too.

*www.osnews.com/img/kbluetooth.png

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hey, if I installed KDE, then how do I switch to KDE & remove GNome?

I backed up my cache folder, & reinstalling Mint. How do I download KDE 4 RC1? KDE when searched in Synaptic shows only 3.5.

Or should I get Kubuntu?

What should I do? Switch to KDE cos it has more features or reinstall & give mint another try. I just hate crystal icons of KDE Now

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
You do not have to install full KDE to make kdebluetooth work. You can see the dependency list here
Just see if you can find kdebluetooth package in your synaptic. You may have to add Kubuntu repositories, am not too sure about that. Once you find the package Synaptic will take care of dependencies.

Now as for the look in KDE you can see mine. Offcourse its Open SuSE, but KDE on ubuntu would look similar with that theme
*img140.imageshack.us/img140/1706/kdejd6.th.png

Status
Not open for further replies.