Middle Earth - Shadow of Mordor [Next gen Cosoles and PC]

abhidev

Human Spambot
[YOUTUBE]ZmiF-_7PX3c[/YOUTUBE]

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is an action-packed adventure-RPG inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Exploring an original story of vengeance and redemption, the game puts players in the role of Talion, a valiant ranger whose family is slain in front of him the night Sauron and his army return to Mordor -- moments before his own life is taken. Resurrected by a Spirit of vengeance and empowered with Wraith abilities, Talion ventures into Mordor and vows to destroy those who have wronged him. Through the course of his personal vendetta, Talion uncovers the truth of the Spirit that compels him, learns the origins of the Rings of Power and ultimately confronts his true nemesis.

Every enemy that players face is a unique individual, differentiated by their personality, strengths and weaknesses. Through the Nemesis System, enemy relationships and characteristics are shaped by player actions and decisions to create personal archenemies that remember and adapt to the player and are distinct to every gameplay session. Gamers are able to craft their own battles, enemies and rewards within the dynamic world that remembers and adapts to their choices, delivering a unique experience to every player.

Release Date: TBA
Genre: Action
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive
Developer: Monolith Productions

Source --> IGN

This game has elements of Assassin's Creed and Batman stye combat and the Nemesis system looks interesting....this one looks awesome!!! :D

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 | AMD Radeon HD 6950
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 | AMD Radeon HD 7970
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 40 GB available space

Last edited:
OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
The combat system and their Nemesis system is impressive which will create unique battles for each player... and the game looks good too

Alok

Adventurer
And a controversy. .. assassins creed ii developer says that this game stolen their code and animation ..

Alok

Adventurer
Yep that rope movement, free run, crouch while movement, combat, counter, eagle vision ...... its ezio !

Flash

Lost in speed
Nemesis system reminds me of "The walking dead" style interactions.. :/
But, the game should look good because of the combined ideas.. :)

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
What is that so much about the Nemesis system? So far from what was revealed, it doesnt look anything great and looks more of a marketting gimmic.

Here is my explanation/radical thinking on the same -
I assume the gameplay is more of a linear one and the player is thrown with a well defined set of actions. In such case, how much AI does it take to implement a system that can bring about a set of speech or reaction per action chosen by the player during an earlier encounter with a particular enemy?? Isnt it exisitng in almost all the games that tells a story in a RPG?

But if they are pulling off many alternatives like that we have seen in Heavy Rain (for example) each move, the story would have been pretty different and really interesting to see how the Nemesis system works.

Having said so, the gameplay blend of the best from different games is keeping me interested. Also, the hierarchy shown as a feature is something refreshing to look at in RPG and ofcourse the background of LOTR makes this game an entry into my watch list.

Top Bottom