Microwave buying suggestion !

Status
Not open for further replies.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
Hi guys,
I need some info on microwave's(oven) available in India.Which is the best brand and what to ask for at the dealer's den.

Approx prices also ..if possible !

Thanks in advance.

PS:Am a total noob when it comes to microwaves...dont know a from b

ajayritik

Technomancer
Dude earlier I did lot of research on Microwave Oven! We were trying to get one for one of my friends! There are several type of models available. The basic one is mostly used for reheating purpose. The Next one we get is called Convention Model in which heating will be done only from sides. The Highest one available is called Convection model which does heating from all sides, this one is useful if you primarily want to bake cakes, biscuits or grilled food like Chicken Tandoori and Paneer Tikka. The most popular brands are LG and Samsung. Other models are IFB, Haier, Onida etc. I went for Kenstar coz I got it for around 8.5 k with convection model. I think Convection model for Samsung and LG should cost you around 11k to 12k. There is one more thing called OTG( Oven, Toast, Grill) This is mostly used for making Toasts, grilled food like Tandoori etc. Maybe you will not get that much effect with baking cakes for OTG model. My suggestion go for Convection model if price is not the constraint! And go for Samsung!

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Have been using a whirlpool microwave oven for about 3 years. Haven faced any major problems with it. Got both microwave and grill (convection model).

dissel

Cyborg Agent
In sept 2007,I bought LG 26 Ltr (MC-767W) Convection model & it cost me 10000/-.

In LG product line there are 3 types of micro - Solo,Grill,Convection.

*lgindia.com/Product/Products-MWO.aspx

Solo - Only for Microwave Cooking,Re-Heating,Defrosting etc.

Grill - Above + Grilling

Convection - Above + Convection Cooking (Baking,you can make cakes here)
That is the all in one product.

Besides this there are some models/company give you some extra feature like fat free cooking(Some Godrej model which have some special tray which able to separate the fat from the piece of meat & etc), Separate bread toasting chamber & etc.etc....
In my opinion this feature are not so useful though, it just a hype.

OP
I

indian_samosa

No longer here..
@ajayritik ... thanks for the lovely description.I basically wanted to know exactly that.Cant thank you enough for it.:)

@Dissel and Cool_techie_tvm .... thanks for the insight.It will definately help me in deciding.

Thanks guys ...:)

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ if you want to roast chicken then go for the one which has grill facility :)

BTW donot go for haier... I have one and it has some problem .. and buttons are also not that good.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Indian Samosa! Thats a different name. Its my pleasure to inform you about all these. One more thing I wanted to tell you that some people have suggested me not to go for touch panel. I heard that it goes bad and cant be repaired. When I meant other brands I obviously have mentioned that they are nor preferred ,just gave them information that they are available in the market! By the way which city are you from?

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
I donno, But microwave is only for Re-Heating! You can try to cook pizzas/samosas/etc. But it turns out VERY bad (compared to crisp and delicious when cooked with a Convectional Oven)

Partly because Microwaves don't heat the Food, they just exite the Liquid Molecules so that the heat is self-generated. Normal Overs use External Heat.

OP
I

indian_samosa

No longer here..
Actually it was for a friend of mine ... He hasnt yet decided yet.Thoda money trouble hogaya ..so he postponed his plans for the next month..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom