Microsoft's New Look !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
While browsing microsoft.com, found this:

Microsoft invites you to participate in the Microsoft.com Home Page Beta program. By becoming a participant you will have the opportunity to experience the beta site whenever you visit the Microsoft.com Home Page through the month of September. When you complete your visit of the Microsoft.com Home Page Beta you may be asked to provide your feedback via a survey. If you wish to exit the beta at any time you can do so via a link in the hearder of the beta page.

This is the preview of the new microsoft.com website :
*preview.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx

Its still in beta. Looks cooler than the normal one at present and loads much faster too. What you guys think ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Wow cool website design :cool: , i first tried it in opera...... but didnt work , using IE solved it ;).

EDIT: Anyone know who to get the effect of the sidebar?
*img95.imageshack.us/img95/4183/ajahp3.th.jpg , its really cool , i checked the source but its all messed up , any one good in AJAX? :D

Last edited:
OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Well.. i told u all .. Microsoft IE rocks !! And its always better than FF and Opera. And the point to be noted - IE 7 is still in beta . So just think what it will be like when microsoft releases its final version.

peace

babumuchhala

In the zone
Hmm.. i could see the page in Opera, without the sidebar thingy (the same image shown by charangk)

Looks pretty good, but theres a lot to improve

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
hmmm , now i can see it using opera including the side bar. I changes the site preferanceof opera to "identify as Internet explorer" then it worked.

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone
babumuchhala said:
Looks pretty good, but theres a lot to improve

There is always a place for improvement and that's why its in beta and microsoft is asking for user reviews and feedback. Dunno what's microsoft is doing though - asking for feedback on almost everything they are doing now a days. Don't have have any confidence in themself anymore ??

Well maybe they want to make microsoft products, more user-friendly than anything else. But what will it lead to ? Are we looking at the no. 1 company of this century now ? WOW - that's heavy stuff.. well. they are going pretty good with all the stuffs and releasing public betas. Whatever they got planned - hope it worked. Being using microsoft products since 11 yrs now. I can say its the BEST !!

peace

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
PrinceHeart said:
Well.. i told u all .. Microsoft IE rocks !! And its always better than FF and Opera. And the point to be noted - IE 7 is still in beta . So just think what it will be like when microsoft releases its final version.

peace

what CRAP are you talking about???? Do you have any idea why microsoft.com sites don't work in Opera/firefox?
It is not bcoz IE rocks or something, its because they deliberately block Opera users from viewing their site. in opera 'use the mask as ie option' .

You are making yourself look like an absolute fool, don't post abt stuff which you have no idea. IE rocks, LOL. its the biggest piece of bullcrap ever, rated as one of the worst tech products, heck even microsofts own developers are sick of buggy IE.

and nobody cares abt 'microsofts new look' , it will be same old browser sniffing

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone
chesss said:
what CRAP are you talking about???? Do you have any idea why microsoft.com sites don't work in Opera/firefox?
It is not bcoz IE rocks or something, its because they deliberately block Opera users from viewing their site. in opera 'use the mask as ie option' .

You are making yourself look like an absolute fool, don't post abt stuff which you have no idea. IE rocks, LOL. its the biggest piece of bullcrap ever, rated as one of the worst tech products, heck even microsofts own developers are sick of buggy IE.

and nobody cares abt 'microsofts new look' , it will be same old browser sniffing

Well chesss - everyone in this country and this forum got a right of speech and text. So i post an info. Its your choice about whether to look at it or not. So i don't mind you commenting about microsoft and its products. But commenting on me - well - that is 1 thing you're not allowed to do here buddy.

cheerz

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
chesss said:

chesss, Dude PrinceHeart had a news and he spreaded the word to us. If you can't see any website throgh Opera/Firefox that simply means they suck and thus IE rocks! If you didn't like this news or the said website you could have gotten your butt away from this thread quietly.:cool: But you used offensive words for PrinceHeart which is absolutely violation of forum rules.

Where have they hidden 'Report' button though?:cool:

Last edited:

mihirvashist

Journeyman
charangk said:
Wow cool website design :cool: , i first tried it in opera...... but didnt work , using IE solved it ;).

*img95.imageshack.us/img95/4183/ajahp3.th.jpg , its really cool , i checked the source but its all messed up , any one good in AJAX? :D
thats because much of the page has flash animations so all they have to do was just provide a link to the file
that's one reason it is messy other is that many a times programmers follow the practice of messing the source code so as to coumaflage(doubt in spelling-means to almost hide behind something,but can be seen by a good observer)their tricks (if any)

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone
lol @ brave_hunt - thx for the backup. But its ok. I got no hard feelings for anyone here. All are BROs here.

And as i said everyone got their own views about everything. That doesn't means anything is final though. Microsoft may S***ks but its products worked out ok for me since many yrs. So according to my view - microsoft rocks. Others may have a different story altogether.

Chesss - I hope u will not take the "butt" comment of brave_hunt seriously. Everyone chill and have fun here :)

peace

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone
charangk said:

I think i have done this through javascripts yrs back when i used to make websites. I will have to look through my collection and see if its the same or something similar to that i had made before.

Ok.. i opened the preview site of microsoft and opened the source code. Copied it and save it in a notepad. I opened frontpage and copy it. And i looked at the html codes. And i downloaded 12 of those .js scripts from that code and checked them out also.

Open those .js one by one and this menu navigation is really easy.
Can do a vertical or horizontal menu with this, microsoft choose to do it vertically and opened a new window through javescript on each click, rather than opening up a whole new page on the main page. So this way the background main page is always there, and then its added another script showing the close botton - if anyone wants to go to the main page again. Child's play..

Those with a lil bit of html knowledge will know what im talking about. It would take a long time if i type the whole process 1 by 1. But this is easy menu build.

But 1 thing, that impressed me is that the new beta website is all made of javascript, even the images are called into the page using javascripts which is neat. So the webpage loads faster cause it calls all the 12 .js files at the start and all the commands are already in those .js.

I will give the new preview site 8 out of 10. I personally think the colour combination is a bit off. They could had made it more into a vista style.

cheerz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom