Microsoft: Vista piracy rate is half that of XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

marulez

Broken In
Microsoft said Monday that it's seeing piracy rates for Windows Vista that are half those of Windows XP.
Now cynical me wanted to write this up as "even pirates prefer XP two to one over Vista," but that wouldn't be fair. In reality, the decline in piracy rates is largely due to the fact that Vista is much tougher to fake than XP.
"Piracy rates are lower because it's harder," Microsoft Vice President Mike Sievert said in an interview Monday.
There are a variety of reasons for that, including the fact that businesses no longer have volume license keys that can be used to activate an unlimited number of machines. Another is the fact that Vista machines that aren't properly activated pretty quickly become basically unusable once they enter "reduced functionality mode." continue....

Source

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Thats really god new.
People shifting to genuine windows .
Thanks to branded computer company..who sell pre loaded windows.

apoorva84

In the zone
marulez said:
Microsoft said Monday that it's seeing piracy rates for Windows Vista that are half those of Windows XP.
Now cynical me wanted to write this up as "even pirates prefer XP two to one over Vista," but that wouldn't be fair. In reality, the decline in piracy rates is largely due to the fact that Vista is much tougher to fake than XP.
"Piracy rates are lower because it's harder," Microsoft Vice President Mike Sievert said in an interview Monday.
There are a variety of reasons for that, including the fact that businesses no longer have volume license keys that can be used to activate an unlimited number of machines. Another is the fact that Vista machines that aren't properly activated pretty quickly become basically unusable once they enter "reduced functionality mode." continue....

Source

maybe, but its definitely easier to pirate vista if you use things like the timerstop crack....u dont even need a serial...

satyamy

Alive Again...
i wont use vista
even ms give it for free :)
i dont have that giant system

but will surely use XP :)

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Abhishek Dwivedi said:
i thinks vista is less pirated only because of its high hardware requirements....lolz
+1
:D:D:D:D

apoorva84 said:
maybe, but its definitely easier to pirate vista if you use things like the timerstop crack....u dont even need a serial...
Edit what you have written.. You can get banned form the forum for talking bout piracy :D

But i agree... :D

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Vista is much tougher to fake than XP??

that's bulls**t. There is a tool that turns any pirated copy of Vista to authentic version. You will even get support from Microsoft. autoupdate works like a charm.

The only reason in decline is piracy rate is everyone still prefers XP to Vista (except people like me for whom Vista is working without a single hiccup. Power of getting a lappy that has perfect driver support and vista preinstalled).

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
In reality, the decline in piracy rates is largely due to the fact that Vista is much tougher to fake than XP

oh really!! gud excuse microsoft!!!*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
You guys think genuine Vista users like what they got for the hard earned money? .. guess not.. im one for those genuine users who is disappointed with what I got for my money. I spent 3.5K on a Vista certified tv tuner which got gold award in Digit mag .. and vista MCE doesnt even detect it... :mad: ..

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^lol.pirates are happier than genuine users!

M$ thinks too much about piracy,IMO they should care about their genuine customers rather that thinking about ways of stopping piracy cos all the efforts are futile,there are people who are better than them.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Charan said:
You guys think genuine Vista users like what they got for the hard earned money? .. guess not.. im one for those genuine users who is disappointed with what I got for my money. I spent 3.5K on a Vista certified tv tuner which got gold award in Digit mag .. and vista MCE doesnt even detect it... :mad: ..

Which TV Tuner is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom