Microsoft to buy Nokia phones unit

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Sad to hear that :(.

I'm sure that the resulting company will be a smartphone-only company. Adieu King of feature phones.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
well guess what... Stephen Elop is a candidate for Microsoft CEO job : according to Engadget.

Ballmer confirms what we all knew: Elop candidate for Microsoft CEO job

sankar

Broken In
^ may be Stephen Elop was there in Nokia to make this come true for microsoft.
he failed to make nokia profitable i wonder if share holders of microsoft will agree him as a ceo.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Be patient with Microsoft.. they have a long way to go and cover lot of ground.

Flash

Lost in speed
Eagerly waiting for a phone with Microsoft on the backside with Windows logo at the front. :mrgreen:
Now, that's a direct competition to Google..

As Motorola is to Google, Nokia is to Microsoft.

Eagerly waiting for a phone with Microsoft on the backside with Windows logo at the front. :mrgreen:

Flash

Lost in speed
Microsoft is also acquiring Nokia’s Mobile Phones business unit, which serves hundreds of millions of customers worldwide, and had sales of 53.7 million units in the second quarter of 2013. Microsoft will acquire the Asha brand and will license the Nokia brand for use with current Nokia mobile phone products. Nokia will continue to own and manage the Nokia brand. This element provides Microsoft with the opportunity to extend its service offerings to a far wider group around the world while allowing Nokia’s mobile phones to serve as an on-ramp to Windows Phone.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

Motorola died after being acquired by Google. The recent Moto-X , only for the US market :x , might do a little along with Droids. I don't want this to happen to Nokia :x.
BTW thats the Gearbox Law

Amey408

Broken In
I am afraid her we will defiantly miss all that low budget but very good (in terms off battery life & easy to use S40 series) phone after 2014.

RIP TO NOKIA.

Also can any one read this article from gsmarena *blog.gsmarena.com/microsoft-nokia-deal-scaled-against-other-recent-acquisitions-in-tech/ its really hart-touching to die hard nokia fan

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
I am very sad to hear this. I think there is some huge corporate conspiracy. Stephen Elop was sent by Microsoft to weaken Nokia.

Top Bottom