Microsoft to buy Nokia phones unit

funskar

Padawan
This was the reason he became the CEO of Nokia. It is like silent killing.

Yeah.. Ms buyed one of their rivals in old days when nokia symbian used to dominate ms f*ckng windows phone ...

I want someone completely destroys microsoft....

Elop-sweet poison ..

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
How can they think of putting out a new phone after the Surface disaster?

That's why this move as well as Steve Ballmer's exit. We might see a different Microsoft now. Ballmer himself made this clear recently that Microsoft is a "devices & services" company & they did purchase Nokia's Devices & Services business. What will this do to desktop Windows operating system? They might turn it into a service rather than a product.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/176934-windows-service.html

Yeah.. Ms buyed one of their rivals in old days when nokia symbian used to dominate ms f*ckng windows phone ...

I want someone completely destroys microsoft....

Elop-sweet poison ..
Indeed?
well guess what... Stephen Elop is a candidate for Microsoft CEO job : according to Engadget.

Ballmer confirms what we all knew: Elop candidate for Microsoft CEO job

ajaymailed

In the zone
The deal is funny.
Microsoft bought Skype for $8.5 billion in 2011 and in 2013 they got Nokia for $7.2 billion ?
that happens in dot com world. things either are too costly or too cheap depending on the potential. Nokia was on downfall while Skype had its potential. facebook was valued at 104 billion USD during IPO and apple became most valuable company.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I wish Nokia had released at-least one android phone, alas that's not happening now...:(

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
RIP nokia MS tyranny will now spoil once awesome company..............

i still remember my first mobile with antenna and it was nokia not samsung not htc not mmx(hell no) ............

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
eh? why are everyone cursing MS? its not that Nokia was doing a superb business either.. Why would someone invest $7 billion in buying a company and then spoiling it? its not like MS woke up this morning and said . hey lets buy Nokia.. and Nokia like hey you want my company?? take it!!! :confused: its takes months if not years to make such a decision both companies included.

you guys are like FCKING M$ TOOK NAKAIA .. WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!! I NO GET MY 1100 WITH TORCH .. dust up your top drawer please .

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^It's all emotional outburst sire. :)

Nokia had a place in hearts of people, while MS didn't. So, not just Indians, other people are also sad by this deal. Even I am. :cry:

Had Google bought Nokia, there wouldn't have been such outcry.

sujoyp

Grand Master
In india OS means windows and handset used to be Nokia by default ...I dont think MS have any less space in our mind ....almost everyone knows MS office and MS windows ...what more popularity anyone want ....gamers know xbox and office community knows skype

Soo I think if microsoft keeps the nokia brand it will be better for them at least in india

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
^It's all emotional outburst sire. :)

Nokia had a place in hearts of people, while MS didn't. So, not just Indians, other people are also sad by this deal. Even I am. :cry:

Had Google bought Nokia, there wouldn't have been such outcry.

Emotional? Yes. But we all know how successful MS are with their hardware business, particularly mobile devices. And we all know about Nokia. They were in trouble when Android started gaining, but Stephen Elop's switch to Windows OS was was the worst thing to happen to Nokia when they were already well headed into Maemo. That was indicative enough of the Trojan intents of Elop. This (buyout) was inevitable, but many hoped otherwise. We also know the quality of MS products. The Lumia ranges are still in need of software updates to utilise their capabilities. I would have bought a Nokia 520 against the Pantech Burst last month, if the 520 had Android. I have owned Nokia 3210, 1100, 2100, 6250 and lastly 5800 EM. That built quality is still with Nokia 520, but I am disappointed with the OS and knowing MS since 1997, I would rather not buy a Windows mobile. Ever.

Flash

Lost in speed
That built quality is still with Nokia 520, but I am disappointed with the OS and knowing MS since 1997, I would rather not buy a Windows mobile. Ever.
There's a differnece between Windows Mobile (WM) and Windows phone (WP). Thought WM can be counted as a predecessor of WP, WP is not a successor of WM. Because they are not part of a same continuum of mobile OS development. WM was targetted at Enterprise users, whereas WP is primarily for consumers.

eh? why are everyone cursing MS? its not that Nokia was doing a superb business either.. Why would someone invest $7 billion in buying a company and then spoiling it? its not like MS woke up this morning and said . hey lets buy Nokia.. and Nokia like hey you want my company?? take it!!! :confused: its takes months if not years to make such a decision both companies included.

you guys are like FCKING M$ TOOK NAKAIA .. WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!! I NO GET MY 1100 WITH TORCH .. dust up your top drawer please .
Well said. I wonder if Nokia employees worrying this much because of MSFT's deal.. :mrgreen:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
All who have no problem with this deal , please give your opinion on Elop. It was his decision not to go to Android. I used to wonder everyday why Nokia wouldn't switch to Android. Its not that Android was some competitor or an impediment to Nokia. Though it was to Microsoft's Windows Phone. This deal creates some negative designs which I haven't seen in corporations ever. Whether Elop was sent to Nokia to keep it out of Android , I don't know :-(. Today, Android is synonymous with Samsung. It could've been Nokia.
I am no Nokia fanboy. I never liked their Symbian OS. Though I owned a 5230 3G & I loved its camera :).

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Except HTC now all other major mobile players are electronic giants (Sony,LG and Samsung) too :|

Hrishi

All who have no problem with this deal , please give your opinion on Elop. It was his decision not to go to Android. I used to wonder everyday why Nokia wouldn't switch to Android. Its not that Android was some competitor or an impediment to Nokia. Though it was to Microsoft's Windows Phone. This deal creates some negative designs which I haven't seen in corporations ever. Whether Elop was sent to Nokia to keep it out of Android , I don't know :-(. Today, Android is synonymous with Samsung. It could've been Nokia.
I am no Nokia fanboy. I never liked their Symbian OS. Though I owned a 5230 3G & I loved its camera :).

One has to agree with this guys opinion. I have similar view in this context .

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
someone was talking about blackberry isnt it. well the deal is no far way
BlackBerry's board is reportedly pushing for quick sale - GSMArena.com news

Top Bottom