Microsoft passes latest VB100 virus test; Some security giants fail !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
VB100 virus test is a huge pile of crap. Passing it doesnt mean u r bad and failing it doesnt mean u r good.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
drgrudge said:
Next time around, you post full article or don't post.

i will do what i have to do; and u r free to what u have to do ! :D

anyway; i have changed/added another link (a more reputed website) as source-link in my 1st/main post.
so take your pick. maybe that shud settle the issue ;-) ... hopefully ! :D

Vicky333 said:
thanks for the info anandk
but i wonder why Kaspersky failed the test ?( cuz i am using that one )

sorry i almost misd that one buddy. kaspersky misd only 1. avast and avira gave 2-4 false positvs, hence they too failed. i stl think all such test are 2 b taken with a pinch of salt. nod32/kaspersky are among the finest !

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
anandk said:
anyway; i have changed/added another link (a more reputed website) as source-link in my 1st/main post.
so take your pick. maybe that shud settle the issue ;-) ... hopefully ! :D
WOW

Never expected this from a senior member !!

Thinkdigit -> My blog -> Original source -> News

changed to

Thinkdigit -> My post in another site -> My blog -> Original source -> News

Man, why making this much trouble ? ? Why not making it simple for others by providing all info / full article in a single post in ThinkDigit forum itself ?

Last edited:
OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
i give up folks ! u win :D !

i repeat; i cannot reproduce the FULL virusbtn article ! i can only register, read, discuss and link back to that page. for ppl to read the summary u have to register ! if anyone wants to have the full report; YOU HAVE to request one AND they send YOU a PERSONAL copy by mail. i hope someone understands. what appears on my site, appears here and on castlecops too. this has always been my style; post the gist and link back to the source. if u see my old posts, evn b4 wvc, u will know what i am saying !

actually i dont see what the fuss is all about; castlecops posts it on its homepage but some digitforum mod/member, where i am considerd to be an 'old trusted member' objects to it.

dear drgrudge : if u feel, pls modify/edit/lock or treat the thread as u feel.

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
.. if it were someone else then he would kicked out of the forum and why not him ???????

thanx buddy ! really appreciate yr comment !

nevertheless, as suggested above, you will not be seeing any new posts from me here. will only answer/help where i can. as far as i know, i have not broken any rule ! and in any case all it will take, is one simple pm to me from the mods; and i will stop visiting this forum. it will be a sad day for me ... but then change is the only constant in life !

din

Tribal Boy
@anandk

Hey, I never menat to hurt you. You are a very senior and reputed member here and I am noway near you compared to that. Please stay in Thinkdigit, please do not leave the forum on this issue.

There is no need to feel bad. It happens. What drgrudge/me/other members mentioned is that, when the original source is there, no need to post another link that points to the original source. That will make the forum (not this, but any) neat and clean.

Your intensions may be good, but problem is, new members in this forum will look at your posts - as you are very senior here - and they wil l start (as you can see already started !) posting links to their blogs for traffic. I hope you understand.

The rules are for the goodwill of forum and members, and yes, you didn't break any rules at all. But when you post the news with your blog link, it is same as advertising your blog/site (again I never meant you tried to do that, I meant it will sound like that) and that is the reason others including myself objected.

I know you edited the first post and added the 'other link' may be in frusttation, please do not feel bad, we are all here to help each other.

Regarding the post, you can give details - like the original news site need us to register to read full article, may be the regn link etc. That will make it clean.

Anyway, forget it all, please come back. We do not want to miss you. No hard feeling yaar. Dil pe mat rahna re :)

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
anand : there is no point for you to leave.. we all value you and your posts. the thing is just about rules.. its same for everyone.. you are right in this matter, but its not the case everywhere.. and
AKSHAY : Think twice what you say the next time.. you are not to decide what you and what should not be done... Peace..

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
shantanu you are right .. i must think twice before i say something .. i usually don't do that
but there i thought thrice !!! ;) !! because i knew that you are here !!

and i did not decide what should be done .. ! i just told what would other mods would have done !
and if you see it clearly... its a question to others .. in no way its a suggetion to anyone !!
i don't know what you will do !! coz i haven't seen you at the forum and i have no idea about how you go with things since i am new here !! the days when you socialized here.. i was not here !

usually people are warned once and twice .. ! that's all i know .. so i guess its my mistake to say that word !!

well sorry if i hurt you or anand !!

and anand i meant enough of advertising your website .. please post your articles completely here.. as you know its not allowed ..
you can count out how much from here !!

many a times i have to navigate out side digit from all your articles to get full articles ! so i better don't come to digit at all for news !! coz i know i wont get full stuff here .. just get them right in digg !

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
@Cyrus-Do you have any stuff worth reading to post? If not please stop trolling!!!
I previously asked you if have you ever used windows vista(genuine)and m still waiting for your reply.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
narangz said:
@Cyrus-Do you have any stuff worth reading to post? If not please stop trolling!!!
Dude, mind your words, I'm not trolling, If you think genuine questions are too personal for you, then don't bother quoting me and don't take out some other frustration you have on me. Please don't bother me with any of your fanboyism. If you have an answer for the question I asked, then please do. Else better shut up and stop quoting me for your personal frustration with Vista

narangz said:
I previously asked you if have you ever used windows vista(genuine)and m still waiting for your reply.
When did you ask that? Anyways, I dont' use Vista, I dumbed it long back and yes, it was a genuine copy!:cool:

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
^^oh really?

i know what you do in windows/ms threads. and m not going to reply further to your posts in this thread...

praka123

left this forum longback
Microsoft paid leading warez/crackers/hackers $$$,so that Vista should survive upto SP1.then when SP1 also became vulnerable,M$ will give more $$$'s dont u woooorrrry ;)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Howz that!?

shantanu

Technomancer
praka and others stop trolling and posting BS...

Praka enough of your BS everywhere.. you hate windows let it be.. dont spoil every thread.. ! last warning before you get banned.. cyrus and narangz : maintain peace guys..

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
The "source" issue:

1. Avoid reproducing entire articles: depending on the source, it might be illegal to reproduce content in its entirety. Partial reproduction with a citation is much less likely to cause legal hassles. Also, it's only fair that the person who wrote the article get a little traffic for his / her efforts.

2. You're more than welcome to cite your personal blogs as sources, if (and only if) you are the original creator of the content. I've updated the rules to this effect.

What this means is that members should navigate thus: Digit > Original source and not Digit > member blog > original source.

If you have made previous posts that violate this rule, please take the weekend to replace your blog link with the original source. This applies to all members.

Violations henceforth will be dealt with thus: for a first offence, your post will be edited and the link removed. Repeating the offence too much will have you spending at least a week in misery.

If there are any objections to the way a member is linking to articles, do bring it to the moderators' and/or the adminstrators' attention, and we'll look into the matter.

If anyone needs clarification, now's your chance.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Hello Admin.

May I request you to please delete all the post in this thread which was on the issue of source !!!!

Please leave only topic which is discussion the actuall issue or VB100 test :)

as the source issue is now addressed can we foucous only on the On topic issue..

I also request all mebers and mods who have posted here to please delete their off topic posts :)

Thank you

Regards,
Saurav Basu....

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i hope things are now clear to drgrudge & din ;) thank u fat being for clearing things and sorry choto sir for my off topic post :p

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
naveen_reloaded said:
Thats good...
I like nod actually...
But i didnt know why kaspersky failed..
Ok why test with windows 2000 virus.. I dont get it.
Anyway thanks for info.
And ya ms rocks ...

Off topic..
Sorry to note it anand but, is it right to link to your blog or site? When the real source is somewhere?

No offence dude..

If yöü feel it s against rules please change it...coz many newbie will follow only legends like yöü...
Please dont take it in other way..

do you really like NOD32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom