Microsoft now understands Windows 8 is very annoying

amjath

Human Spambot
It has a start button thats it, not a complete Start Menu as we see in Windows 7. You'll have a button which will open the same tiled start screen which u see in Windows 8. IMO I got use to no Start button :p

I have a secret for u in spoiler
Old news bro

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
its a step to the right direction. windows 8 is very confusing, u have separate programs for the tile & desktop interfaces... they should come up with better alternatives... btw one can get the old start menu back by customizations

the report is of 22 april, 2013...am i breaking any rule here?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Then I'm gonna switch to 8, only reason preventing me was the Start button. MS is heading in the right direction. Good.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Windows 8 is annoying? didn't notice any problem with that.

not any problem but things like separate programs for tile interface and desktop interface seem to annoy people... like u have different programs of IE in tiles and desktop ... so it may be more annoying than what the benefit for it was designed.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ weird.. I didn't see a problem using Win8, may be I just know how to use Win8 :razz:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
^^ weird.. I didn't see a problem using Win8, may be I just know how to use Win8 :razz:

Metro UI is not suited for desktops, Buddy. You may be trying it in a Touchscreen laptop. That's why you don't find it annoying.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Metro UI is not suited for desktops, Buddy. You may be trying it in a Touchscreen laptop. That's why you don't find it annoying.
Its a well know fact that Desktop mode>>>Modern UI.
Just switch to Desktop mode and you are good to go. Desktop mode is just the same old wine in a new bootle.

+1 for enabling boot to desktop. A much needed feature for traditional desktops and laptops.

munish51

Broken In
I think window 8 is a bold step forward by the Microsoft, which typically doesn't take big chances.Microsoft has been updating apps and the operating system constantly so this can be a problem for the window 8.

Well win 8 is annoying like hell. Not because of it's looks or that tiled icons . It's because it is so much buggy and all the features of win 7 which made our lives easier are gone. They have removed the "create ad hoc" option from network and sharing menu. I don't see any reason of doing that. Also in win 7, if show bluetooth devices option was clicked, it showed all bluetooth devices along with the all the operations that could have been done on those devices such as bluetooth dial up or browse files on the device etc etc. Now in win 8 that sh!!!y settings screen opens up and only gives the option to remove those devices. Also about 60% of all win 8 lappy in my hostel are not able to play counter strike or dota or mostwanted as they can't join ad hoc network or other wi fi problems.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Its a well know fact that Desktop mode>>>Modern UI.
Just switch to Desktop mode and you are good to go. Desktop mode is just the same old wine in a new bootle.

Desktop mode may be the same but without "Start" menu.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Good that I didn't buy it, I will wait for Windows 9.

Then, you may have to wait for 2.5 years or more as MS has stated that they would release a major update for every 3 years. If gaming is not your priority, Better switch to any linux distro, bro.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Windows 8 is strictly a touchscreen OS. What MS didn't do right is that they forced people to shift to the Tiles UI (MS have stopped calling it Metro) without realising that this may not be a good step for non-touch machines which form the largest chunk of Windows.Their risk management study proved wrong & people are actually sticking to Windows 7. However, Windows 8 has some improvements over 7 like file copying is much faster. This is a right step from MS otherwise PC sales are already plummeting and it might turn disastrous for MS.

PS: You can get back that full START MENU (& not only desktop mode) by buying customization software from StarDock.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

even i'm using it on a non-touchscreen screen and i didn't find it annoying at all. took few days to figure how to use it and i liked it afterwards. it's just a one more click to desktop mode and your win 7 is back. don't know why few things like ad hoc were deeply hidden though.

and the start screen is smooth and is useful for those who have lots of icons on desktop otherwise. but it should have been more customisable like resizing the tiles, avoiding newly installed programs pinning unnecessary shortcuts to start etc.

the new start just made me realize that the old start menu is a hierarchical one and wasn't really great in terms of usage.

Top Bottom