Microsoft Claims Vista's Aero Interface Doesn't Slow PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

saipothuri

Broken In
Principled Technologies, which conducted the research for Microsoft, is offering a download of the report.

*informationweek.com/news/showArtic...35B2NOQSNDLOSKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=196800080

Agreed, Microsoft claims it doesn't slow PC's but the very requirement of 512 MB/1GB Ram shows how much resources it takes. 90% of our computers won't still be able to run Vista!

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I completely disagree

The moment I switch off Aero in Windows Vista Ultimate,
the RAM Utilisation gets reduced to 12 % from 27 %

Where does this lead to ?

casanova

The Frozen Nova
And this makes me wait more eagerly for Vista. Gosh 1 more month to go. I hope it will run like a horse on my rig.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
well there are motherboards in the market which have integrated VGA (intel's gma x3000) which is fully capable of running Aero, so it could be possible that vista's hardware requirements are over-hyped...

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Since when did non-Microsoft employees ever agree with Microsoft claims? :D

UFO007 said:
Well Vista will not slow down PCs with high end config....thats wat MS means..:)

Exactly.

At least Vista's licensing policy made sure my upgrade will be Fedora or Suse way instead of Vista. Check Vista's EULA from Microsoft.com and see how Vista makes activation, upgrades and hardware additions a pain to remember.. I didn't mind XPs WGA but Vista is overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom