Microsoft Claims Vista's Aero Interface Doesn't Slow PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
I answered opensuse for ur first question.latest version is 10.3 and was distributed lastmonth by digit.else ask in open source section someone to ship it for u.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Lol.. Any flavor of Linux is any day easier on the RAM, when compared to Vista :D

praka123

left this forum longback
W i d e S c r e e N said:
thx. which other OS do u use, how do u compare it to vista with regards to RAM use
I have used Vista and except from the basic eyecandy,i found it really slow and not of any use.though XP too is not perfect either.but XP may be better.

I use Debian Sid GNU/Linux.Linux can do almost anything except gaming(due to lack of support from game companies as with mac)/few games are there,that will work like a charm.office,multimedia all other things are supported in linux.aero feels like antique piece when compared to Linux use of compiz-fusion or beryl.
despite all this a standard Gnome Linux(ubuntu,fedora etc) can live with 256 MB of RAM with 3D compiz and eyecandies.
see compiz-fusion effects below:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w
if you are interested in Linux,get a Ubuntu dvd with this month's Digit.use it!save reducing e-waste too.Vista pushed the need for high config pc's(min ram=1GB for avg performance+graphics card!) to run hence in many countries blind followers dump their otherwise usefull pc for vista.read below link:
*getgnulinux.org
*whylinuxisbetter.net

goobimama

 Macboy
So Aero doesn't slow Vista. Vista is slow by itself... Interesting that Microsoft should say this out in the open..

praka123 said:

Yup! right said dude. just installed it, and its nice and easy on eyes. The green theme rocks! Although i am a lil bit not happy with font rendering of linux. Windows font rendering engine is sharper.

Now, can anyone tell me how to enable Compiz Fusion/Beryl on openSUSE 10.3 :confused:

And ya, compared to windows vista, opensuse is running much faster on my 1.6 ghz celeron, 1 GB ram, 915 lappy :)

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Just tell microsoft to use Linux

Oh they just fan off by throwing away junk info.....Does they do this just for confusing customers

LOL
Praka123

Is Digit giving away Ubuntu this time .....oh Boyya !! [ Y God Y ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom