Microsoft & Google Interview Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfame

Padawan
Google Interview Questions & Answers

1. How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?
2. You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?
3. How many piano tuners are there in the entire world?
4. In a country in which people only want boys, every family continues to have children until they have a boy. If they have a girl, they have another child. If they have a boy, they stop. What is the proportion of boys to girls in the country?
5. Describe a chicken using a programming language.

Microsoft Interview Questions & Answers

1. You have a bucket of jelly beans. Some are red, some are blue, and some green. With your eyes closed, pick out 2 of a like color. How many do you have to grab to be sure you have 2 of the same?
2. Pairs of primes separated by a single number are called prime pairs. Examples are 17 and 19. Prove that the number between a prime pair is always divisible by 6 (assuming both numbers in the pair are greater than 6). Now prove that there are no ‘prime triples.’
3. Imagine an analog clock set to 12 o’clock. Note that the hour and minute hands overlap. How many times each day do both the hour and minute hands overlap? How would you determine the exact times of the day that this occurs?
4. How much does a 747 weigh?
5. Imagine a disk spinning like a record player turn table. Half of the disk is black and the other is white. Assume you have an unlimited number of color sensors. How many sensors would you have to place around the disk to determine the direction the disk is spinning? Where would they be placed?

I am collecting answers for these questions. Any one know answers?
Also on my blog : *blog.ashfame.com/2008/08/microsoft-google-interview-questions-answers/ (Will be live at 00:15 August19, 2008)

Gigacore

Dreamweaver

Hmm... X

2. You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?

Will try to escape. if not, will wait and see what happens next :p

No Idea

4. In a country in which people only want boys, every family continues to have children until they have a boy. If they have a girl, they have another child. If they have a boy, they stop. What is the proportion of boys to girls in the country?

India, Maybe ?

I am pure veggie..

1. You have a bucket of jelly beans. Some are red, some are blue, and some green. With your eyes closed, pick out 2 of a like color. How many do you have to grab to be sure you have 2 of the same?

Hmmm...

2. Pairs of primes separated by a single number are called prime pairs. Examples are 17 and 19. Prove that the number between a prime pair is always divisible by 6 (assuming both numbers in the pair are greater than 6). Now prove that there are no ‘prime triples.’

I am weak in maths..

3. Imagine an analog clock set to 12 o’clock. Note that the hour and minute hands overlap. How many times each day do both the hour and minute hands overlap? How would you determine the exact times of the day that this occurs?

Hmmm.. everyday.. everynight..

Just 747, or the Boeing 747 ?

5. Imagine a disk spinning like a record player turn table. Half of the disk is black and the other is white. Assume you have an unlimited number of color sensors. How many sensors would you have to place around the disk to determine the direction the disk is spinning? Where would they be placed?

Am sleepy :(

============

Sorry, I was not serious, but am laughing at few questions...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
As many you can carry into it.
Will go into the outer most corner. The blades don't cover the entire diameter of the jar.
No. of pianos+1.
Rational.
<Me not into programming>

As many as possible.
(a+b)squared= a square+2ab+b square, hence proved.
12 I guess.
With or without passengers?
err... record players play clockwise if I am not wrong.

PS: Awesome questions.

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
I will catch up with you guys tomorrow. Going back to hostel in morning and then I will catch up from there.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............

none, they are fit to be used at golf course.
fly.
first tell me the number of pianos in this world.
greater than 1
echo "Am too scared to reply"

cos prime nos. are always in form of 6n+1/6n-1
6n+3 and 6n-3 is divisible by 3
22 times a day.
clue is 5.5 degrees. go calculate.

numbers can't be weighed.
no idea.

vandit

In the zone
@imav.
What if the record player is rewinding ??
I commented because i think only he gave rational ans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom