hapdtop

Broken In
This is what I get when trying to share internet over wifi using connectify pro

The tab gets connected to the hotspot but I cannot browse on that :-(

*i.imgur.com/adtCM.jpg

tell me what i can do

Paylaram

Broken In
Even if I get a tab for 100 rupees, I would never consider it value for money, by its ability to surf Facebook optimally. :p

Sorry for the OT post, but couldn't resist! :D

FB means funbook, not facebook but I guess you know that already. :wink:

@Tenida, any advice on image viewer app ?

rajan1311

Padawan
Guys we are having a GO for the Ainol tornado and the Onda Vi10..prices are lowest ever ! :)

Ainol Tornado (@Rs6500) and Onda Vi10 Elite (@Rs8500) Group order

cyanide911

Broken In
Been lurking this thread a lot, I guess I'll go ahead with the Funbook. Just some final questions.

1. Does it have 5 finger multitouch?
2. Does it run flash? I.e.
3. I hear it's pre rooted. That's awesome. So installing a custom ROM won't void it's warranty?3
4. Any particular issues that would surprise me? I'm buying this for my mom, so I'm not too worried about technicalities. It should just play most games and run apps without issues.
5. Ainol Tornado - is it a better buy? How is Ainol's service in India?

rajan1311

Padawan
I have not used the Ainol Tornado, but generally they have good build quality..the tornado has 1GB RAM and a larger battery(3700mAh) and comes with 1 year pickup and drop warranty..comes at the same price..so i feel its better..

Btw, just a warning, dont buy it from the ebay seller who sells it for Rs6099, it ends up being more than 7k..see this:
bad ebay seller

pkamathp

Right off the assembly line
H Guys...i finally bought the micromax funbook ...I connected my wifi and it says connected in settings...when i try to browse internet, i am not able to open any internet sites....pls help

pkamathp

Anybody from bangalore who can help me with the REliance netconnect+ problem... i am not good at installations and stock ROM's etc.. pls help

cyanide911

Broken In
Hm, what would be the best source to get the Ainol Tornado?

EDIT: I can't find any service center addresses or contacts for Ainol...any links?

EDIT2: Forget the Tornado, I'll go for the Funbook.

The cheapest I can find is for Rs 6777-400(coupon)=Rs6377 including Photon dongle (But Rs500 extra for activation later).

Any other better offers?

SahilAr

In the zone
^^^From which website?..Try getting it from Flipkart @ 6499..More reliable and fast,,

Flipkart is uLtIMatE ;)
I didn't expected the delivery to be so fast even from snapdeal,but Flipkart has done it,ordered Fun book on Saturday night @12:30 am and on Monday morning @10 am i got the Fun book that too in my Fav color Slate Gray,Love you Flipkart :D ;)

rajan1311

Padawan
Hm, what would be the best source to get the Ainol Tornado?

EDIT: I can't find any service center addresses or contacts for Ainol...any links?

EDIT2: Forget the Tornado, I'll go for the Funbook.

The cheapest I can find is for Rs 6777-400(coupon)=Rs6377 including Photon dongle (But Rs500 extra for activation later).

Any other better offers?

please read my post bro :)

cyanide911

Broken In
Where did you get that price 6377? Im also interested in buyign..

Homeshop18, it has a coupon number on the page for Rs400 off.

Alternatively you can book it from Ebay, with the Fathers day offer you can get a 16GB MicroSD free :D

@Rajan: Ah, The Tornado is tempting, but I went for the Micromax instead. I'm buying this for my mother, and if the service network is that bad that I can't find addresses or numbers on it's *own* website, then I think it'll be tough for her to solve problems behind my back when I'm away for college.

dipesh2k100

Broken In
@d3b- Added you to FB owner list ;)

Add me too, to the owners list tenida...

Also it would be great if you can suggest a good carry case and 16GB SD card. where to buy that from ??

I went to the TATA Photon shop, they asked to give 500 rs as a deposit (non-married) and 500 for the device. Also they told me after the end of the month a bill would come of 500 rs (monthly subscription).

Also they told me that tata photo is a 2G dongle... :(

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^
I bought this case
DOMO nCase B8 - Carry Case for 7" Tablets with Elastic Bands to Hold Tablet . Buy Best DOMO nCase B8 - Carry Case for 7" Tablets with Elastic Bands to Hold Tablet at Lowest Price Online

For micro-sd card get Sandisk 16GB card from Flipkart.

dsarena

Guys, i am thinking about buying funbook, but i had a couple of questions which needed clearance.

1.Does funbook read and play the files[media content] in a 1Tb external hard disk

2.I recently stumbled upon a video of igyann in youtube, they said that funbook was available for less than 6000, but i couldn't find any such offer online.

Top Bottom