Metallica fans beaten up at Bangalore

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't know if you guys already heard of this.

Metallica’s India debut was a roaring success at the Palace grounds on Sunday, but it wasn’t ‘justice for all’ for a sizable number of fans after the concert had ended. For these fans, the euphoria of watching their gods of music ebbed quickly on finding their bags missing from where they had left it outside the venue. To add injury to insult, they claim they were beaten by police and treated shabbily when they complained that their belongings were missing.

Source

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Here's another in Facebook notes. But few say that it was written in the back of the ticket.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
That's very bad. I wonder when any big concert will happen in India without any sort of problem.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That facebook note is disturbing to say the least.
It doesn't matter whatever was written behind the ticket, the pathetic situation of the organizers and the "cops" is just unforgivable!
Baggages of the fans were lost/stolen. The suspected person which some of the fans chased and caught, was released in front of them by cops! And in return they along with girls were beaten by cops themselves!
Then, a few people were the unfortunate ones to caught in a live wire (scattered around unprotected) while they were searching their belongings!

Really sad.

Sarath

iDota
Sad turn of events.

Also carrying a bag to a concert is a bad idea. Whether police beat you up or not, you are just testing your luck.

How come this is not in the news?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Really really sad. For this exact reason I did not carry a DSLR to the F1 venue. Anything can happen in India. Though, if I had valuables and was refused entry inside the venue, I would just head back home. But again sad.

:(

axes2t2

I am a cat
Really really sad. For this exact reason I did not carry a DSLR to the F1 venue. Anything can happen in India. Though, if I had valuables and was refused entry inside the venue, I would just head back home. But again sad.

:(

I don't think that will happen in F1,its huge event.

OR will it? in logon kaa kuch bharosa hee nahi :X

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Your last line is what I always play/go by when going to public places. Reasons being:

1. Rules printed on sites/tickets are never followed.
2. New rules are created ad-hoc.
3. It is disorganized.
4. Security personnel know jack about what they are doing.
5. Things are a mess.
6. Staff with the organizers are dishonest.

The DSLR+lens systems I was planning to take is at the tune of 50K or something. That too from a friend. I would never risk it. Probably the only place where I felt save leaving my non-allowed belongings was the American Embassy at Chanakypuri. They know there what they are doing, and look serious. Not like lame security at most places in India, where they wave the detection wand akin to Harry Potter or Gandalf.

By the way, most of the UP police at the F1 circuit were reading news papers, loitering in groups, chitting chatting, eating gutka, goofing off, or could be seen seated with spectators oogling at the cars. That is security and its implementation in India. Lame and more of harassment. I would never go for a rock concert in India, and avoided all event during CWG for same reasons.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
And here I am writing this from the comfort of my couch that I would never go to these concerts or anything in India because of the obvious reasons stated above.

Good luck to the fans.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
I went to Metallica's concert in delhi and it needs no explanation what we went through.. Having Metallica perform in Delhi was a dream come true but at the end the reality hit it too hard.. it was my 1st and last concert i attended in India.. m certainly not going to any concert in future in India :x

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The worst thing is that even after so many bomb scares every year at public places the security for such places is so so pathetic. I think I have written this before here.....I once was at South Extension. From Archies I purchased 3 cans of Zippo Fuel. This is highly flammable Naptha. I then had to go to City Select Mall. One of the largest in South Delhi. They checked the packet, saw the cans....knew it was liquid, and let me through. I was shocked at the lax behavior.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
And here I am writing this from the comfort of my couch that I would never go to these concerts or anything in India because of the obvious reasons stated above.

Good luck to the fans.

Nicely said typed with the help of keyboard.

blame the population

Not at all. Blame few careless people who don't know how to conduct any event properly, and lack of professionalism among the police.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Nicely said typed with the help of keyboard.

Not at all. Blame few careless people who don't know how to conduct any event properly, and lack of professionalism among the police.

Read the note...they brought the backpack for concert?noobs....when they had such valuable items...they should have some sense...how can they leave in open ground for just a stupid concert...the ppl goin were careless...

Top Bottom