Mera Pehla Pehla Video Card

rchi84

In the zone
Hey guys

Something light hearted for a change. Which was the first 3D card you purchased for gaming? And when?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Mine was nvidia 6200-tc from xfx and bought it sometime in 2004 for 2.5k. It had a silent passive cooler. I bought it to play devil may cry 3 , which needed a gpu to run and did not even start on my 915g igp. I had a p4 based rig earlier.

Last edited:

jsjs

Journeyman
nVIDIA 7100 in 2006 to play sands of time. Using it till date and maybe upto next month

OP
rchi84

rchi84

In the zone
@funkysourav Sorry, but we are talking about Additional video cards here :)

I didn't dedicate this thread to first 3D cards because there are some people who bought their first computers before the advent of Direct X and Glide Api. Onboard video was still a concept in those days.

well, in my case, my first add in card was a Matrox MGA bought in 96 with 2 MB Vram. It let me play Cricket 97 smoothly, more than anyone else on the block. And in Tomb Raider 2, you could change resolution and color depth by hitting the F2 keys. My video card used to change the res in a second while others would have to wait to see the changes take effect.

My first 3d Card was a Diamond Monster 3D II in 97, to play Carmageddon 2 and Hexen 2 in 3DFX.

Sigh! those were the days..

@digibrush Nice idea to catalogue your cards :D Reminds you of all the (Parents') money spent on "Computer Games" right?

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Carmegedon 2..great game..

Played the demo for around a year.. Put the entire city in flames!

Ontopic-
bought my card around August 09

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@funkysourav Sorry, but we are talking about Additional video cards here :)

I didn't dedicate this thread to first 3D cards because there are some people who bought their first computers before the advent of Direct X and Glide Api. Onboard video was still a concept in those days.

well, in my case, my first add in card was a Matrox MGA bought in 96 with 2 MB Vram. It let me play Cricket 97 smoothly, more than anyone else on the block. And in Tomb Raider 2, you could change resolution and color depth by hitting the F2 keys. My video card used to change the res in a second while others would have to wait to see the changes take effect.

My first 3d Card was a Diamond Monster 3D II in 97, to play Carmageddon 2 and Hexen 2 in 3DFX.

Sigh! those were the days..

@digibrush Nice idea to catalogue your cards :D Reminds you of all the (Parents') money spent on "Computer Games" right?

:)
7800GT.

By the way there is a whole section dedicated to Voodoo cards on guru3d. Give it a shot. Those guys are crazies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
nVidia FX 5200 AGP 8x ----> *img59.imageshack.us/img59/6114/13022011172.th.jpg

nVidia 6600GT AGP 8x: It died. :oops:

Both were bought together. One for my father to play games and one for me. :p Then my 6600GT died after 3 years, my father ditched his machine and I started using 5200. ;)

AshutoshM

Blue Age Wonders
I will buy my first card in a month or two. Not joking!!! I'm serious. I'm still using my sweet Pentium 3 which has only 16 Mb inbuilt graphics memory. I'm planning to buy a 256-512 Mb card. How was your experience about your first graphics card?

Anyway, nice thread. :-D

Hello! Digibrush!
How was your experience about Pentium 3? :-D

Last edited:
Top Bottom