Medium gaming config between 35-40 K

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
1.What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mainly gaming, but not hardcore, enough for the next 2 years.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:35-40K( can extend by 2K)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 x64

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Have a 17inch plane lcd (no hd), don't know if i shoul get one.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: keyboard,mouse,speakers,ups,confusion with the monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Late May to Mid June

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be assembled.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Live in Delhi, planing to go to Nehru Place (any shop suggestions {I personally would prefer computer empire any other trust worthy is also welcome.})

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I've looked a couple of your forums and mostly have see everybody recomend AMD (processor as well as GPU).I am open to either.

Thank You

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Component Make Price
CPU AMD Phenom II 960T 6960
Motherboard ASUS M5A88-M 5260
GPU MSI Radeon HD6850 8850
RAM G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4GB 1550
HDD WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 4270
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1110
Case CM Elite 311 2000
PSU SeaSonic S12 II 520 3770
Monitor Benq G2222HDL 7500
Total 41270

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
thanku for replying.....

are u suggesting that i buy a new monitor..

Well, buying a new HD monitor will be a great upgrade for your 17 inch non HD model. Moreover, you can enjoy 1080p gaming and movies in their full glory on that Monitor.

The RIG suggested by RiGOD is very good, no need to change anything. But if by chance, low on budget, you can also settle for the Corsair cx430v2 instead of the Seasonic S12II 520W. The later one is obviously better, but only if you could use that much power :)

OP
G

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
So, should get a cpu cooler instead of getting the one that has been suggested by RIGOD...

also for the cabinet i found the "Zebronic BIjli-2 a pretty good buy.

any thoughts...

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
So, should get a cpu cooler instead of getting the one that has been suggested by RIGOD...

any thoughts...

Bijli-2 was a big fail. I remember someone did a review on it at TDF about this cabinet, and the conclusion was a disastor. Just, stay away from it.

For a cheap and good cabinet, check Bit Fenix Merc Alpha, or any Cooler Master budget cabinets like 311, 311 Plus, 431, whatever you like.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

any thoughts...

Bijli-2 was a big fail. Avoid it.
Buy CM Elite 311 or NZXT Source 210 or NZXT Gamma or Bit Fenix Merc Alpha etc etc. There are many better choices.
About monitor, your present non-HD 17" monitor will run just fine for your purpose. :)

OP
G

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
thank u all for helping me with the cabinet dilemma...

but what to do about the CPU cooler, should i buy a separate one or will the stock one work just fine...i'm not planning to over clock.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
At Nehru Place you should get all of those suggested products. In case you don't get that Seasonic PSU, buy:
Corsair GS600 @4.1K (You need to spend 400/- more than that of Seasonic one)

And, avoid all CoolerMaster Extreme Series PSUs.

OP
G

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
dude i'm gonna get the pc assembled there itself, how can i ask you guys from the market??

How about any alternates for the ASUS motherboard???

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
dude i'm gonna get the pc assembled there itself, how can i ask you guys from the market??

How about any alternates for the ASUS motherboard???

Asus M5A97, Gigabyte GM-970A-UD3 (will be costlier, and best of the lot), Gigabyte GA880A-USB3 (is a lower model than M5A97, and will support only mild overclocking and lesser features)

Top Bottom