****Maxthon 1.2.1 Released****

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
*www.maxthon.com/images/title_icon.gif
Maxthon Internet Browser software is a powerful tabbed browser with a highly customizable interface. It is based on the Internet Explorer browser engine (your most likely current web browser) which means that what works in the IE browser will work the same in Maxthon tabbed browser but with many additional efficient features like...

Tabbed Browsing Interface
Mouse Gestures
Super Drag&Drop
Privacy Protection
AD Hunter
RSS Reader
Google Bar Support
External Utility Bar
Skinning

Recent release version : 1.2.1 [2005-03-24]

+ Auto update RSS feed ( at Add/Edit feed dialog).
+ Add new function max_language_id to get current language.
+ Add new function max_activex(var security_id, string progID) to create activex object without security limitation.
* Fixed search bar magnifier sometimes disappear problem.
* Fixed sometimes cound not popup sidebar under full screen problem.
* Fixed some problems that cause Maxthon stay in memory after close.
* security_id is made more secure.
* Function m2_search_text will need security_id .
* Fixed status bar tooltip misplace problem.

Download Now

{MaX}

Right off the assembly line
I've tried Maxthon and it's pretty slow. Doesn't beat opera or FF when it comes to speed and efficiency.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
IE based browser............So i don't like it...........
It is vunurable to IE based attacks and has IE's slowness....................

FF or Opera are better

theraven

Technomancer
thanx for the heads up techno !!
btw not every mention of a browser needs to turn into a browser war guys ;)

aadipa

Padawan
donno why but FF and Maxthon opens sites equally fast.

Problem with FF is that it cannot block a sected Image on page while with Maxthon i can block and selected image(Advt) and it can even block most of the Flash ads too.

Tabs can be easily arranged, moved, and closed with quick-close button that shows up on tab, when u hover the mouse over it.

Also it loads much faster than FF or Opera.

If u wanna know diff. between Maxthon and FF, just right click the TAB.

So for a while its Maxthon for me. :)

aadipa

Padawan
Oh and about security risks, spywares and adwares...

It has been many years for me to be online and i NEVER got infected with any spyware, or adware, or IE toolbar.

Just use your firewall the way it is meant to.

And just know the fact that one error in a click will be opening the door to browser hijackers.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
aadipa said:
donno why but FF and Maxthon opens sites equally fast.
Also it loads much faster than FF or Opera.
Hmm.., i use FX, opera, maxthon and tried netscape (which i uninstalled and i dint like it).

I can say FX and opera opens site equally fast and not maxthon.., maxthon is always slow (or comparitevely slow). Maxthon is like IE, the text gets loaded and then the pictures. This was the problem with IE and now maxthon. So IMO , maxthon loades much slower than FX or opera.

aadipa said:
Problem with FF is that it cannot block a sected Image on page while with Maxthon i can block and selected image(Advt) and it can even block most of the Flash ads too.
HMM, who told FX cant do this? flashes, images, advertisements and google ads can also be blocked. And wht do u mean be selected image blocking? We too can block images by just right clicking it and blocking the same.

Another thing that i have noticed is when ever a image is blocked, maxthon displays the image link there, which FX dont do.

aadipa said:
Tabs can be easily arranged, moved, and closed with quick-close button that shows up on tab, when u hover the mouse over it.

If u wanna know diff. between Maxthon and FF, just right click the TAB.
Hmm...who told FX doesn't has that close button for tabs?
See this...
*img50.exs.cx/img50/5598/untitled6tw.png

Also we can arrange/move and do all sort of things with FX as well

aadipa said:
Oh and about security risks, spywares and adwares...
Yeah, i use FX most of the times and i was never infested with sywares or adwares. Never.

Indyan said:
You can block selected images in opera using Opera's Ad Filter.
That adblocker works with version 7.5 and above only...and it sucks. It is never integrates with opera and works as a additional program...

IMO,
FX 1.0.2 > maxthon 1.2.1 > opera 8 beta 2 > Netscape 8 beta

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
drgrudge said:
Another thing that i have noticed is when ever a image is blocked, maxthon displays the image link there, which FX dont do.
It places a text [Blocked Ad] there which you can set not to display .. Its there only for you to know an image is blocked there ..

Yeah, i use FX most of the times and i was never infested with sywares or adwares. Never.
And the last time I was infected by a spyware ..? Never .. It all depends on your security level ..

I wasnt able to find RSS support in Opera 8 B3 .. while Maxthon does the job very well.. The newest builds (1.2) onwards have considerably faster browsing speed ...

The plugins are much better then Firefox's extensions which tends to eat up the resources .. And accept this .. Firefox is getting worse every build .. 0.8 was much better and faster than 1.2 ... Its getting lotta buggy and crash prone ..

Maxthon Rulez ..

drgrudge

it_waaznt_me said:
It places a text [Blocked Ad] there which you can set not to display .. Its there only for you to know an image is blocked there ..
Hmm.. yes, but this is what i meant, anyway it tells the link to the blocked image...
*img233.exs.cx/img233/1104/untitled6ea.png

And another thing, my Maxthon blocks all google ads by default ...

it_waaznt_me said:
The plugins are much better then Firefox's extensions which tends to eat up the resources ..
Hmm.., who told u? Sreevirus has 70+ extension and i have 15+ extension and no way i can tell it takes more system resource...

By the way the biggest extension is 300kb large (tabbed browser preference)

@ aadi, this extension does all the thing maxthon does and does more as well, we can just keep our mouse pointer and it changes our tab, have u tried it?

@batty, where can i get plugins for maxthon?

it_waaznt_me said:
And accept this .. Firefox is getting worse every build .. 0.8 was much better and faster than 1.2 ... Its getting lotta buggy and crash prone ..
Hmm... i have honestly not tried FX 0.8 at all. I started using it from Fx 1 preview version only... i honestly dint fell any difference...and 1.0.1 from 1.0 , i can tell it's faster and used less system resource...and 1.0.2 from 1.0.1 also i dint fell any difference. :oops:

And who told it's getting bad day by day? I dont fell any difference, and maybe they are doing work on the security things..

it_waaznt_me said:
Maxthon Rulez ..
Lol, i have seen u post screenshot with opera only :wink:
Ur desktop thing
abt the google suggest thing
Yahoo chat bot thing...

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
That Google Suggest thingy was posted to show that it wasnt working in Opera .. :D ..

I have used FireFox too and thats why I am telling you more extenstion make it buggier .. FireFox 0.8 crashed less than FireFox 1.0 .. (without any extensions ie) ..

The Maxthon plugins can be found at Tara's Plugin site ...

anandk

Distinguished Member
SPYSWEEPER POINTS OUT MAXTHON AS HAVING EFFECTIVEBRANDS TOOL

maxthon is good ! apart from tabbed browsing, it got lotsa other features like skins, re-opening closed pages, fast loading, accessing other programs from it, ofcourse sevral search bars, RSS feed, pop-up/ad/active-x/flash blockers & a history & cache eraser. wish the LATEST google search toolbar version could be installed !

BUT SPYSWEEPER POINTS OUT MAXTHON AS HAVING EFFECTIVEBRANDS TOOLBAR SPYWARE :evil: !?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. I aint running any toolbar ..? Maybe it got installed with something else ..?
Or its in the Combo version ..? I never download combo version .. just download the Lite version ..

OP
techno_funky

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
it_waaznt_me said:
That Google Suggest thingy was posted to show that it wasnt working in Opera .. :D ..

I have used FireFox too and thats why I am telling you more extenstion make it buggier .. FireFox 0.8 crashed less than FireFox 1.0 .. (without any extensions ie) ..

The Maxthon plugins can be found at Tara's Plugin site ...

ill bank on this one
thats the very reason i gave up Firefox and have been using opera now
firefox for me would crash at the drop of the hat cause ihad added plugins et all making eat my already short memory(256mb :()
and whne it did crash bang all the options go back to default
but last time it crashed i had it
it crashed and crashed my whole pc taking it back to the boot screen
i come back hit the firefox icon everything is so new
i just hit the bookmarks tab
AND HOLLY MOLLY FREAKING COCKROACHES!!!!
i lost all my 200+ bookmarks
i had it this time i said KMA ff opera here i come
and if youve used opera and yes crashed it then i dont need to explain
:)

drgrudge

@atul, u should have backed up ur bookmarks b4 u reinstall/upgrade ur firefox..., anyway we should have backed up even if u are not doing to do any of these two things. Losing bookmarks is a very lame excuse to switch over other browsers.

@shahab,polly,
Maxthon and opera trolls respectively. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom