Management Student Ragged, Beaten, Blinded

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
source:*ibnlive.in.com/news/management-student-ragged-beaten-blinded/90019-3.html

Management 'student ragged, beaten, blinded'
New Delhi: A 19-year-old management student may have permanently lost his vision after his seniors beat him up in a Coimbatore college last month.

Akhil Dev alleges his senior students at the PSG College of Arts and Science punched him in the eyes and hit him on his head with a steel chair and a frying pan on March 7.

Dev, a student of Business Management and Information Systems at the college, was allegedly assaulted after he refused to pay the senior students money for the second time after giving them Rs 3,000.

“On March 7, at 11 pm, they to came to my room and locked my friends outside. They told me to remove my shirt, which I did. Then they asked me to lick their shoes and when I bent down they started hitting me on my back,” Dev told CNN-IBN.

“They hit me with whatever they could find in that room. (Doctors say) there has been permanent damage to my eyesight,” he said.

Doctors say the Dev has nine holes nine in his retinas and may lose his eyesight by the time he turns 25.

The college, which has an anti-ragging cell, has suspended five students after a complaint by Dev’s parents against them.

Society Against Violence in Education (SAVE), the country's only registered anti-ragging NGO, has calculated that nine teenagers are killed every year due to ragging while hundreds of them get seriously injured, hospitalised or disabled due to ragging by their seniors in colleges.

:x
Did all this HAVE to surface while I've got only half a year of class XII left??? WHY can't seniors leave people alone??? With devils like these, who needs terrorists? :sad: Poor guy, he'll probably lose his eyesight just after he gets a job.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Rightly said.
Ragging should be strictly banned & offenders should be strictly penalised/rusticated from the institution.

Rahim

Married!
The management of these colleges are the worst hypocrites and wearing bangles.
Shame on us. I cringe had i been staying in a hostel.

snubbed

Broken In
Law is of no use if people don't report it. Unless we have some system to protect the witness people will be reluctant to come forward to report crimes.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Is hitting with a frying pan & a steel chair ragging? If that is ragging what is assualt?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Managements seldom allow any ragging complaints to be reported to the police as they feel that it will spoil their "good" name. Actually, public opinion should reward managements that take the sternest action against those who indulge in ragging, and that includes compulsorily reporting it to the police, but is anyone listening? Everyone is scared that if they take stern action against their own students it may backfire on them; the general public will be scared to send their children thinking that there is ragging in that college. Students who do not pass any subject in two attempts should be expelled from the hostel; you will see that many a time these are the trouble makers.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
That's the problem with this country. We have laws on everything, but none of these laws are implemented. :mad:
NucleusKore is spot on. These big name institutions, just to maintain their reputation, often keep things like these secret. They should actually keep a stern eye out for any signs of troublemakers and expel them immediately.

iinfi

mekalodu
u knw what ... these people who assault are mostly sons of bigwigs who wud v paid large sums to the colleges and got in thru management quota and hence colleges dont take action against them. and even if they get into police custody they will be out in 24 hours thanks to influence of some goons.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
if somebody writes something about a politician in a blog, he is promptly sent to jail. But what about crimes like these? The very students who hit him will become tomorrows citizens holding responsible positions, and I hate to think what will happen to this country?

The story came in today's paper

And u know what the college management tried to hush up the matter by paying the victim's parents a large sum of money ! !
Totally insensitive ......... They dont seem to care about the students at all :-x

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Howz that called ragging? Its like they were making a "Saw Part 6" movie on him...

This incident is just sad.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
And u know what the college management tried to hush up the matter by paying the victim's parents a large sum of money ! !
The college management should take the necessary steps to stop ragging. They fail to do that, and they don't want to take action against the students who rag juniors. :mad:
The management must make stricter rules and they shouldn't wait for the government to make rules to stop ragging.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
And if by chance a ragged victim survives, he'll most probably pick a gun or saw and kill the raggers. What good did it to to the stupid raggers also?
Such insolent fools some bloody college students can be. If this be, I'll take gym classes, and if it ever happens to me, well, I'll blow the daylights out of them.

R.I.P

Banned
:x
Did all this HAVE to surface while I've got only half a year of class XII left??? WHY can't seniors leave people alone??? With devils like these, who needs terrorists? :sad: Poor guy, he'll probably lose his eyesight just after he gets a job.

To ragging,
Stop behaving like animals young age gives you opportunity to do something good in your life "Remember whatever wrong you do to others it reflects back on you after sometime".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom