Man of Steel (movie) - 2013

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^that amnesia kiss was never in the comics.in fact when compared to original/traditional superman comics(not the new age origin stories) both donner's & this movie falls short of the mark.it is my personal opinion but i don't like much deviation from original story line.for those who want such deviation there are hundreds of so called "alternate universe storyline" but why take liberty with "main" story line.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
but why take liberty with "main" story line.

That's why...comics, movies are called art form. Liberties should be taken if you have to go forward. The classic Lois and Clark relationship worked back then, for its time, it could have been different if Superman was introduced in 1840s rather than 1940s ;)
If it wasn't for those liberties, Superman wouldn't even be flying now(he could only leap real high in the original comics remember? Imagine if the comic writers thought the same way 'why take the liberties'...even Reeve would be jumping rather than flying), and there wouldn't have been a Krypton, the S shield as the family crest of El.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Watched Man of Steel today.
Score :- 9/10.
Reasons :- Good:Most awesome action scenes in any Superhero Movie i've ever seen :grin: :hyper:.VFX were really amazing.Faora is the Most Badass Female Villain that ever lived,Antje Traue deserves an Award,"LexCorp" on one of the Oil tanker trucks that Zod kicks toward Sups ;-)
Awesome soundtrack.
Bad : Jor-El's death scene was lame.I was expecting something more epicer for the "Super-Dad".Faora didn't get much screen space :x
"Big Unnamed Kryptonian guy" seems to have taken Inspiration from Nappa of DBZ ;-)

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
It seems whitestar999 doesn't like this movie at all. He started flaming it since the trailers released. I get it, you a Marvel fan. Peace.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
It seems whitestar999 doesn't like this movie at all. He started flaming it since the trailers released. I get it, you a Marvel fan. Peace.

Lot of Donner fans are pissed at MoS, not just him. Can't blame them. It happens with every reboot/transition...Batman Begins had to face that too ;)

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i didn't knew that a rating of 7 out of 10 count as bad.:rolleyes: @nvidiageek,i am not a fan of any thing or anyone in this world(real & fictional) simply because i don't consider it worthy.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Have a question for those who watched the movie
After snapping Zod's neck to prevent him from Heat-Vision-ing the group of civillians,Why does Superman yell?Is he guilty he killed Zod? Does he yell out of satisfaction that he saved the planet?

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
After snapping Zod's neck to prevent him from Heat-Vision-ing the group of civillians,Why does Superman yell?Is he guilty he killed Zod? Does he yell out of satisfaction that he saved the planet?

Coz he just committed Genocide.

shuhailnp

Journeyman

He regret killing !!!!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

That's because he went past his moral code of not killing anyone. In this case, he had no choice but to do it.
Also maybe he grieved of killing his own kind and presumably, the last of his kind.

Coz he just committed Genocide.

I don't think genocide is the right term here, coz he didn't commit any mass murder. Killing a single entity, even if its the last of its kind isn't termed as genocide.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
***SPOILER**
he regrets killing like from the start it was shown as he didnt wanted anyone to die when he said to his father should i let them die?? that why

Top Bottom