Man of Steel (movie) - 2013

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
You might not find it similar, coz most of the time, the soundtracks in the trailers are mixed together with few others, like Trailer 3.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
What exactly does Faora Says in the "Fate of Your Planet trailer" , is it this "You will not win . For every one you save , we will kill a million more ". BTW She looks and sounds badass.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
And you guys know what, Kryptonian women are way more powerful than the men under the yellow sun, so expect from super as$ kicking from Faora ;)

*i.imgur.com/9ThCKiN.gif

Last edited:
OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Early MAN OF STEEL Reactions Mostly Positive, With One "Abysmal"

That made me nervous ... :Fingerx:

And the one who said its abysmal, hasn't even seen it yet, lol :p
I've read a few negative reviews too, but they all tend to get nitpicky
why hasn't lois lane got more screen time, why wasn't the romance between her and sups more fleshed out, why was faora given too much importance..
, most of them are kinda sexist remarks, unfortunately.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
still better not to take chance.i have already lowered my expectations & expecting it to be kinda like batman begins,good but not that good as dark knight.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
still better not to take chance.i have already lowered my expectations & expecting it to be kinda like batman begins,good but not that good as dark knight.

That's always the best thing to do before watching any big budget movies.

oh and btw, faora will obviously get her as$ kicked by sups at some point, like duh! That might piss off some female critics ;)

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
HOPE ! *i.ebayimg.com/t/Superman-Man-of-Steel-Movie-New-Giant-S-Shield-Logo-Tee-Shirt-S-3XL-/00/s/MjA4WDIwOA==/z/pj4AAOxy02dRfvny/$T2eC16F,!%29!E9s2f!GiIBRfvnyLjD!~~60_39.JPG My reaction to seeing an early screening of "Man of Steel"

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
oh and btw, faora will obviously get her as$ kicked by sups at some point, like duh! That might piss off some female critics ;)

Ye, she needs to. She ***ks around with Ma Kent and Lois, how's that not possible to see? :D

BTW, I'm not seeing any more of the TV Spots or interviews or anything before I watch the movie myself. Damn.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I am going to download all these movies.
Me mom doesn't let me go to multiplex or buy dvd's
I wish we had Netflix here.Atleast i could rent a movie for 100 bucks

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
^^ Troll Unkle . :p .... or perhaps not trolling .... :shock:

I am going to download all these movies.
Me mom doesn't let me go to multiplex or buy dvd's

why doesn't your mom allow ?How far is a multiplex from your house ?

I wish we had Netflix here.Atleast i could rent a movie for 100 bucks

There are some firefox plugins which allow you to remove the region locks in many website including iPlayer, Netflix , Hula .

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
sexy sexy!!

If only the real reporters were this hot, I'd watch news all day :p

EDIT - Another review, seems legit, not too many spoilers ;)

Got this from a Twitter ITK who sent me a review of TDKR 2 days before it came out and got A LOT of things right, i trust him.........
I am a huge fan of Superman and this is my most eager anticipated release next to Pacific Rim

The perfect way to describe this movie would be..

set your mind back a decade ago

Remember when Batman Begins came out? The origins of Batman explained again, another reboot, its going to fail, why the dark edge etc etc

The reviews were all praising the overall movie, most critics said it was just a very great movie that had its flaws but the pros outweighed the cons heavily. Whilst it wasnt anything record breaking, it was a fun movie to sit down and enjoy, an experience that was made for the cinema, whilst it was also an excellent set up to the next movie, the sequel that was.. The Dark Knight.

This movie reminds me of BB more than youd expect, The plot is predictable in the same way as BB, we all know the Superman story just like we all know the batman story, the execution however, is the most important aspect of these movies. You've got to keep the viewers attention for over 2 hours, keep them satisfied with the advancement of these characters lives and resolution towards the final act, if we all know what happens, then we've got to enjoy the ride for what it is.

The action scenes are all explosive like Transformers but without the unnecessary panning inbetween pointless shots. There is one action scene that reminds me of the Ice battle scene in Inception. Typical Nolan. Goes on for too long. (Involves the Army barracks near Florida (?) when Superman has to stop an explosive keg thingy from being stolen by spies (turns out its all a military test)I would definitely re-watch 3/4 of the movie, whilst 1/4 of the movie is better left fast forwarded (Just like Inception, TDKR, BB , so this is in no way an insult)
Its better than Star Trek into Darkness, Iron Man 3, practically any movie that has come out this year. The sequel is looking very promising,

Solid 8/10

Fantastic entry into the series, reviving Superman (hint spoilers ;) in more ways than one and if this franchise follows Batman, then the sequel should be very good.

Note:

* We are introduced to a possible 2nd villain for the sequel about 2/3rd into the movie
* Amy Adams is pointless, she is the usual female interest that gets interested, then kidnapped, needs being saved, gets saved, they kiss (Spiderman, Batman Begins)
* The scene when Superman flies over 3 cities in under 2 minutes is BEAUTIFUL. We see 3 different landscapes of icey, hot and grey, some shots in supermans eyes, it is BEAUTIFUL. Mountains, towers, waterfalls, new york, superman explores the entire planet so quickly, it was very well done
* There is an emotional death involving a bystander that superman witnesses just before the ending that triggers a crazy reaction where he begins ripping tanks apart, i felt like applauding, the soundtrack (like gladiator) with a choir boy singing a hymn-like song fits perfect

Last edited:
Top Bottom