Mallya saves India's honour-buys Mahatma Gandhi's belongings in auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoorva84

In the zone
3 cheers to the the king of good times. Vijay Mallya has done it again. First, he brought back Tipu Sultan's sword, now he has successfully gotten hold of Mahatma Gandhi personal items in an auction. He will present them to the Indian Govt. soon.

Read more here:

*sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14866029

and here

*sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14866252

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
However the hell did he "save" India's honour?!? India's honour was never at stake! Those belongings of that great man are not the things people should stick to! People should stick to his morals and teachings and stuff!

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Very NOBLE of the man to spend so much of his personal wealth for the cause

AND

VERY CHEAP of the UPA government to claim credit for it

Stuge

Youngling
yeah UPA gove were trying to become cheap and say that there are person in the plain choths from UPA govt side .

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
However the hell did he "save" India's honour?!? India's honour was never at stake! Those belongings of that great man are not the things people should stick to! People should stick to his morals and teachings and stuff!
I completely agree with your post. Its his teachings which need to be carried forward (though I believe a few of them need to be modified as per today's world).

But it'd surely be a matter of shame if we couldn't even save his belongings. Somewhere else I saw that Congress has 'bought' the rights to 'Jai Ho' song for 100million (1 crore). How sick is that??!!! The Govt. could've sent some representative on its behalf since it could not haf participated.

Very NOBLE of the man to spend so much of his personal wealth for the cause

AND

VERY CHEAP of the UPA government to claim credit for it
UPA Govt. is taking credit for everything, Slumdog Millionaire.. now this.. I guess if at this rate they blindly take credit for everything they may end up being caught by US for taking 'credit' for some Al-Qaeda bombings :p

Screw all political parties, screw all politicians. I regret that Dec. 2001 attacks on the Parliament were a failure :(

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Read this:-
Yesterday, a man donated a picture of Gandhi with his friends in childhood days. The man found the picture in a scrap market. The seller was unaware of what the picture was, and the man then bought the picture for a measly Rs. 200 compared to 1.8m$ and the kind man donated it to Gandhi's Ashram. He refused to take anything for his generosity. But finally, the people persuaded him to take Rs. 500.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
really ridiculous........!!!! :D

The govt is busy these days with the elections nd making ppl fool......
In daily newspaper, the newspaper is full of ads of govt self-appreciation, and thats of full page colorful ads.....

they dont have now money to save bapu's belongings......!!! they even dont reliase that gandhi is the name with which they r in politics for over 60yrs....!!!
shame UPA shame!!! :evil:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
UPA has taken rights of Jai Ho Song.

They f****** advertising like this:

"Jai hooooo, UPA ko vooote dooooo"

chooza

Journeyman
Where do you people get time to think and make conclusins for the Govt. or any individual???? when we all dont know the inside story of anything. It true that in India, if anything is free;its giving opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom