MAHABHARAT star plus tv show..

dude1

Journeyman
Guyz we all know that this show has started since 16 sep 2013. This show is, claimed by its makers,to be the most expensive tv show ever made on Indian tv(with a budget going north of a billion INR:shock:).The show has gained positive reviews and praises from the likes of Mahesh Bhatt and Ashutosh Gowariker .It seems that the creators have aimed high for the show by the fact that they hired Oscar winning costume designer Bhanu Athaiya and it seems the show wont just become another prolonged star plus show to extract as much revenue as possible b'coz the airing timeline is set for 6 months only.
I personally like the ambition of the show and the way, ALL characters are given justice and a personality rather than just stereotyping them as totally bad/good(most prominent example wud b of Shakuni )....
Also I have seen the B.R. Chopra classic and it has its own class....
So please have any discussion(debate:p) related to the show on this thread....
(P.S. the title track by Ajay-Atul is awesome! Link to the track...
Mahabharat Title Track Video - YouTube )

sksundram

In the zone
don't know much about this show but if daily soap actors are working in it, then i'm least interested (no one can replicate mukesh khanna's role as bhisma!!

OP
dude1

dude1

Journeyman
don't know much about this show but if daily soap actors are working in it, then i'm least interested (no one can replicate mukesh khanna's role as bhisma!!

True that... I am of opinion that not even Bhishma himself can play his role this memorable:lol:
But that is'nt a reason to belittle the role played by Arav chowdhary, which is what u can expect from an actor playing this role...

sksundram

In the zone
have to watch the show to judge the actor's credibility....mukesh khanna played bhishma near perfect..one of the reasons being his deep soulful voice (2nd to AB)..though any actor can be a revelation (ronit roy was for me in udaan)...just can't blame them for acting in s#itty soaps...

sksundram

In the zone
A source would pretty darn helpful :)
btw, why can't people say 100 crore instead of billion? :|

Mahabharat: the most expensive Indian TV show at Rs 100-crore? - Hindustan Times

yeah...actually when you are talking about indian rupees, you don't say a billion...you say 100 crore...think OP wrote it in excitement!!

Last edited:

amohit

Broken In
Just saw the first 15 mins of Ep1 on youtube. Computer animations still look kind of elementary to me. god knows where did that 100Cr went.

Regards,
Mohit

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in summary over the top scenes accompanied with signature background music & elements resembling typical soap operas(amba shown as some kind of vamp in her introduction scene).it may interest those who have never seen original Mahabharat but those who have seen the original will find this show average at best.

d3p

PowerHouse
Don't know how true it was in old Mahabharat, but Draupadi looks hot to me in the TV Advertisement.

Dawm Indian Girls are Hot, specially in mythological shows.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Don't know how true it was in old Mahabharat, but Draupadi looks hot to me in the TV Advertisement.

Dawm Indian Girls are Hot, specially in mythological shows.

Hah, good to see someone being open about it. I kinda secretly drool over them sometimes, lol :p

sksundram

In the zone
So I was having lunch half an hour ago and caught the show while browsing. the scene was bhisma asking gandhari's parents to marry dhritrashtra. truly speaking when I heard bhishma laughing I was like 'bc ye kya ho gaya ise'...our watchman could have laughed in a better style. acting was nowhere to be found...that mystic mythological touch was definitely missing...soap opera effects were in full swing...i hardly bore it for 7-8 minutes. what a waste !!

d3p

PowerHouse
So I was having lunch half an hour ago and caught the show while browsing. the scene was bhisma asking gandhari's parents to marry dhritrashtra. truly speaking when I heard bhishma laughing I was like 'bc ye kya ho gaya ise'...our watchman could have laughed in a better style. acting was nowhere to be found...that mystic mythological touch was definitely missing...soap opera effects were in full swing...i hardly bore it for 7-8 minutes. what a waste !!

Keep an eye on Gandhari,Kunti & all the other women & girls. It will be a good time pass from here onwards.

Leave Draupadi for me.

How many of you still like this ??

[youtube]CnbJxbUMI8s[/youtube]

Top Bottom