Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
A guy called Mahyuddin Susanto did package Mac4Lin debs. But I guess it was for v0.4. I hafn't heard from him yet. You may try searching for Mac4Lin v0.4 debs.

I'd asked for help from ppl who knew packaging since my knowledge about packaging is minimal; but hardly anyone turned up.

srbharadwaj

Broken In
HELP!!!!

I used this theame for the first time..followed the instruction as given in the pdf...evrything worked perfectly but.....
1: the top panel is suddenly looking ugly with a white patch in the middle of the panel
2: when i right click on the panel only 2 options comes up 'help' and 'properties' other options like 'add panel' and all are gone....

HELP!!!!

Got it... :)
I had ubuntu tweak installed
Ubunu Tweak --> Gnome --> 'Complete Lockdown of all panels' was ticked hence when i right click on any panel only two options were shown now i have unticked it hence i'am able to see all the option4s on right click

One more question
After the mac4lin theme is installed has any1 tried to make the top panel transparent?
right click on top panel--> Properties--> background tab -->click on solid color , transparent

its not making the complete panel transparent...

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
You could however try this trick for getting a translucent panel. Delete ~/.themes/<mac4lin theme in use>/gtk-2.0/Panel/panel-bg.png

Now right click on the Panel and apply this custom background: ~/.themes/<mac4lin theme in use>/gtk-2.0/Panel/panel-bg-trans.png

I tried making the translucent background as the default. Unfortunately, GTK doesn't like pixmaps with alpha set. Btw, from the screenshot it appears that you hafn't installed the Pidgin-AWN theme.

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Do you use Mac4Lin? Do you like the Project? You can show your appreciation for the project by nominating it for the Sourceforge.net Community Awards 2009. Just click the nominate button below. Select an appropriate category (e.g Best Visual Design etc.), leave any comments if you wish and Submit the nomination.

Mac4Lin

*sourceforge.net/images/cca/cca_nominate.png

I thank everybody for their continued appreciation and suggestions. Your feedback is very important for the project development.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I am very happy to announce that Mac4Lin is one of the finalists in teh Best Visual Design category.

I whole heartedly thank one and all for nominating Mac4Lin. I am optimistic about Mac4Lin being one of the winners :)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I am happy to release Mac4Lin ver.1.0. I know it was long due. Was held up with my graduate school and work. Version 1.0 finally sees light! :)

Changes:

* Fully supports GNOME 2.26 and backwards compatible
* Improved support for GlobalMenu, support integrated in the default GTK theme
* Better native Xfce support
* Icon additions
* Statusbar is now fixed
* New progress bars
* New tabs
* Improved installation and uninstallation scripts
* Integrates well with Globus
* Finer UI refinements
* Metacity theme now supports different button sizes
* Firefox 3 themes are now updated
* Songbird plugins included
* Pidgin AWN 64bit plugin now included
* Fonts are now consolidated
* Transparent top panel
* GDM theme is now in-line with Mac OS X login window
* Cairo dock is the default recommended dock

Issues:

* Usplash is still buggy
* Thunderbird theme is still buggy
* GDM theme is not automatically set by the script

Screenshots:

1) Mac4Lin Desktop, NOTE:Apple logo is NOT bundled with Mac4Lin
*img194.imageshack.us/img194/4125/desktop1z.th.png

2) Mac4Lin Desktop with Firefox
*img194.imageshack.us/img194/9576/firefox1.th.png

3) Mac4Lin Login Window
*img208.imageshack.us/img208/5122/loginwindow1.th.png

4) Mac4Lin with Nautilus File Manager
*img208.imageshack.us/img208/7973/nautilus1.th.png

5) Mac4Lin with Rhythmbox
*img208.imageshack.us/img208/2024/rhythmbox1.th.png

6) Mac4Lin with Terminal
*img196.imageshack.us/img196/3985/terminal1.th.png

7) Mac4Lin on Xfce!
*img208.imageshack.us/img208/9921/xfce1.th.png

It is available for download at Mac4Lin Sourceforge.net Download page with immediate effect. Grab your copy now! As always, your feedback is very important. Do leave them at Sourceforge.net forums or my mailbox.

I am eagerly waiting for the Sourceforge.net Community Awards 2009.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Congratulations on making it to the finals.. fingers crossed :D :-s..

now... how many parties do you owe me? :D :twisted:

Top Bottom