Mac corner

Would you use a Mac if it costs same as a PC ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
zombie

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Hey buddy, the best thing about Mac is that you get all the software you'll ever need. And if you want to use MS Office, then you can also get it on Mac. *www.asia.apple.com/store/india/macmini.html This link gives a list of software that come bundled with Mac Mini. It includes iLife, which is like a collection of multimedia applications.

ECE0105

In the zone
Thanks Zombie. But are the software available easily in India. Also can the Games meant for PC be played on a MAC, I know a few applications are compatible for both or do I have to get an emulator like in Linux based systems ?

OP
zombie

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Dont thank me. I am only helping a soul lost in the world of PCs. :twisted: AFAIK, emulators are available for Mac. And about the software for Mac, well you can get it easily now since there are Apple dealers spread across India.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
The prices and configs mentioned at the apple india store are old :(

They haven't update since Tiger was lauched. :(

Although the dealers and the phone numbers mentioned there are updated regularly...

borg

In the zone
But are the software available easily in India.

Depends on what u mean by 'software'. If u are talking games, then I am sorry to tell u that the Mac isn't the best machine to play games on. Very few games are available for it here in India. That doesn't mean thee are no games for it either.

On the other hand, if you talking about graphics software (photoshop, etc) the Mac rules !!!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Don't think about gaming on a Mac, at least not until they Intel-based Macs come out. But, as borg said, Macs are great when it comes to photo/video editing.

borg

In the zone
Now that Apple has moved to intel, its former arch rival, which it used to criticize so much, do you think Apple will adopt Microsoft's OS some time in the future?. I mean, we saw Apple teaming up with IBM, its former arch nemesis, we saw it teaming up with MS before & now we see it teaming up with Intel for processors, which would have been impossible to imagine just a few months ago (or even days ago). So, people, is there a chance Apple will move to MS in the long run (ofcourse I am not talking about 1 or two years from now). What d'ya say?.

ECE0105

In the zone
So finally we are seeing the decline of the best OS ever created.
The nemesis of the MAC I can say if it ever gets foolish enough to merge with the filthiest OS maker in the world.

Hope everyone agrees with me.

allajunaki

Journeyman
Hello??
What are you guys talking about?
Apple Will NEVER ABANDON mac OS X....
Its plain and simple, Mac OSX is VERY GOOD.
OSX is very efficient in utilizing the hardware, hence the performance of macs.. dont confuse the switch to intel as switch to Microsoft. Infact im sure more ppl will try running OSX on other PC's than ppl trying to run windows on MAC-PC or MAC-X86.
Apple wont give up on OSX,they dont have to...its doing great ( Given a choice i will go for an iBook for my laptop.. just for the sake of OSX.).
So as u can see.. Im a ardent Apple fan Stuck with a PC, Windows XP, Creative Muvo Mp3 Player.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Contact apple india at their toll free number 1600-444-683... they'll give u the list of dealers....

OP
zombie

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Wow I was on a vacation for the weekend and it seems some good discussions have taken place over here. Good going guys. BTW Mac is more like a productivity tool so you can do all those stuff with it. Sadly its not as good a gaming platform as PC.

OP
zombie

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Hey guys, what happened to out potential Mac users ? Grace did you get that iPod ?? And ECE what bout your Mac mini ??

allajunaki

Journeyman
More interesting than apple is man behind apple computers , Founder and CEO of Apple Steve jobs.. here is an interview he gave on june 12th.
*news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html

super_i_man

Broken In
zombie said:
Hats off to Mr Jobs. He has made Apple what it is today.

sorry to say, but Microsoft is way ahead, some one else in the place of Jobs could have made a differece, he runs it like a family business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom