[Views] Lynx-India - A fraud online store

rameshrpt

Right off the assembly line
LYNX-INDIA. A FRAUD COMPANY 09/02/2012

Friends i would want to share my experience for other online shoppers, intenting to shop from Lynx-India.
The experience as narrated herebelow is very horrible.

- I was in search of Klipsch Promedia ear phones, which i found available as Deal of the month on the website
of Lynx-India.

- Being an item on Deal, i presumed that it was a clearance item with them and on 23/01/2012, I placed an order
for Klipsch Promedia in ear earphones.

- On 24/01/2012, After having checked on its availability and other factors, Lynx-India confirmed my order and
informed me to pay for the same.

- Immediately within an hour i remitted them its payment for Rs 3468/- vide bank transfer to their account.

- Surprisingly, my payment was confirmed but marked as Back ordered Processing, to be shipped in 3 to 6 days.

- I waited for 6 days, and since the item was not shipped I contacted them to know its fate.

- On 02/02/2012, I was informed: CANNOT EXECUTE THE ORDER, PLEASE TAKE A REFUND.

- I agreed to this and provided them all the details for processing the refund. The refund as per their store policy is
processed within a period of 15 days.

- Since then I have sent them 8 emails and 15 phone calls and though it is more than 35 days since the order has
been cancelled the refund has not been made. None of the emails sent by me have been replied and even the
phone calls are rudely replied.I have even been warned not to phone them for the refund.

I fail to understand if they are running a business or is it a online fraud racket, cheating innocent customers.

Tribalgeek

Geralt Of Rivia!
LYNX-INDIA. A FRAUD COMPANY 09/02/2012

Friends i would want to share my experience for other online shoppers, intenting to shop from Lynx-India.
The experience as narrated herebelow is very horrible.

- I was in search of Klipsch Promedia ear phones, which i found available as Deal of the month on the website
of Lynx-India.

- Being an item on Deal, i presumed that it was a clearance item with them and on 23/01/2012, I placed an order
for Klipsch Promedia in ear earphones.

- On 24/01/2012, After having checked on its availability and other factors, Lynx-India confirmed my order and
informed me to pay for the same.

- Immediately within an hour i remitted them its payment for Rs 3468/- vide bank transfer to their account.

- Surprisingly, my payment was confirmed but marked as Back ordered Processing, to be shipped in 3 to 6 days.

- I waited for 6 days, and since the item was not shipped I contacted them to know its fate.

- On 02/02/2012, I was informed: CANNOT EXECUTE THE ORDER, PLEASE TAKE A REFUND.

- I agreed to this and provided them all the details for processing the refund. The refund as per their store policy is
processed within a period of 15 days.

- Since then I have sent them 8 emails and 15 phone calls and though it is more than 35 days since the order has
been cancelled the refund has not been made. None of the emails sent by me have been replied and even the
phone calls are rudely replied.I have even been warned not to phone them for the refund.

I fail to understand if they are running a business or is it a online fraud racket, cheating innocent customers.

6 months ago called them regarding GTX 560.
Their prices were surprisingly low. I mean 9.5k for Zotac 560 (Non-Ti) while primeABGB was selling it for 10.5k.
Thank god i didnt have money then.
I called them and they were like "ha ha mil jayega ji koi tension mat lo".
of course its scam!

OP
R

rameshrpt

Tribalgeek-

Such online stores in order to attract customers advertise Low rates, and once you order and they receive the amount, game over, you neither receive the goods or the refund.

But the question is, Is this the only way to earn by duping innocent shoppers.

Tribalgeek

Geralt Of Rivia!
they are not the only one.
there are many shops on lammy and nehru place who sells faulty and Duplicate products.
Guess we can do nothing about it. :(

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
3 questions you need to ask yourselves:
# Why don't you google out the online store's name, see the number of complaints and then decide if you want to go ahead with it.
# Why don't people accept the fact that its not possible to sell an item below a specific price, ignoring minor differences for about 50-200 bucks depending on where you're buying- unless you're buying from a shady place?
# Rather than being excited, people need to exercise caution and be suspect why is it cheaper than the normal price?

You can't expect dealers to change, but you can be smart and make the right decisions. Think about it.

Tribalgeek

Geralt Of Rivia!
3 questions you need to ask yourselves:
# Why don't you google out the online store's name, see the number of complaints and then decide if you want to go ahead with it.
# Why don't people accept the fact that its not possible to sell an item below a specific price, ignoring minor differences for about 50-200 bucks depending on where you're buying- unless you're buying from a shady place?
# Rather than being excited, people need to exercise caution and be suspect why is it cheaper than the normal price?

You can't expect dealers to change, but you can be smart and make the right decisions. Think about it.

i can give you fare example.
right now msi 6850 cyclone costs 9400 in mumbai (IT Wares)
where same one costs 8500 in delhi (SMC Int.)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Not everyone updates prices online regularly. That's why its best if people email/call the dealer, get a new quote and go ahead with it. Even if you buy from SMC to cities like Mumbai where octroi is applicable, there's a charge.

Here's another example:
Early when Transcend DDR2 jetrams were available in radically different prices even with same memory kit. It was only during RMA time people knew that the one with lower cost had lower RMA period: 1 year the least that it was for the cheapest you can get. There is always a reason.

OP
R

rameshrpt

Sorcerer-
3 Questions-

A customer wants an item he will usually search google, I did the same
Keyed in KLIPSCH PROMEDIA IN EAR- Online stores india pressed search

Google returns with its answer Lynx-India, available for Rs 3157/00 add VAT s add Shipping the price comes to 3500/=

The same item is also available with Bitfang for Rs 3500/= .

I did not order the same just because it was cheap, I was new To Bitfang
Lynx India or any other store.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Check for online stores feedback via google. The first page itself will give lot of hits on the forum. When people search for lynx now even this page will be indexed by the search engine. Don't just lookout for product feedback, but also store feedbacks.

OP
R

rameshrpt

I have been buying from ebay, infibeam,letsbuy,flipkart etc and have had no problems.

But now with such unscrupulous stores online one needs to follow your advice, to be frank i am paying for this mistake.

And to create awareness this thread was started, hope somebody would benefit from my experience.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Lynx is already banned in techenclave forum because of Amarbir's shady practicies. Do not buy from that store ever.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Once I had to buy a headphone which was only available at lynx that too at cheap price. I simply changed my opinion rather than regretting.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I never had any problem with Lynx but these days their activities are suspicious. And SMC never update prices of old stock.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Lynx is already banned in techenclave forum because of Amarbir's shady practicies. Do not buy from that store ever.
I don't think he's banned. He left on his own. He was kicked out of more than 2 forums well before he left TE on his own.

Tribalgeek

Geralt Of Rivia!
Not everyone updates prices online regularly. That's why its best if people email/call the dealer, get a new quote and go ahead with it. Even if you buy from SMC to cities like Mumbai where octroi is applicable, there's a charge.

Here's another example:
Early when Transcend DDR2 jetrams were available in radically different prices even with same memory kit. It was only during RMA time people knew that the one with lower cost had lower RMA period: 1 year the least that it was for the cheapest you can get. There is always a reason.

I called all of them (SMC , Prime , Itwares). I am not concluding this by site prices.
Octroi thing is totally a different scenario. one can avoid octroi by using courier companies such as Blazeflash:wink:

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Back in 2008 I called him to buy arctic silver 5 and articlean. He said that he will arrange it for me within few days(he usually say this for almost all of his items that he put up on his site). I called him after two days and told him I have arranged it from somewhere. He said I will never sell you anything ever. Wow & lol.-)) is this guy is a kid or a half girl?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Ionno, I got some stuff cheap from him all delivered on time and in good condition...
Ive seen tons of threads on many forums where something went wrong and he eventually showed up and defended himself on the forums
just unnecessary drama dont know why it has to be solved in front of everyone every single time
the way such statements hurt small business is waay out of proportion

OP
R

rameshrpt

So you think whatever being said is a drama, do provide me your email I will post you the complete set of all documents available to prove what is being said is correct

OP
R

rameshrpt

@Anorion- I fully understand your sentiments but in my case, since you have shopped from this place and must be fully aware of their policies,Once an order is placed you check its availability, cost etc inform the customer accordingly and then confirm the order. In my case he confirmed the order in blank and when the payment is made then he Backorders, and then after 6 days informs to cancel the order,
My order No: 9388 was cancelled on 02/02/2012, then why is the refund
delayed ? Then when i call him to inquire of my refund he threatens not to call him for the refund ?
Well it is my money i have every right to claim, dont i ?
Today it is more then 45 days since i have paid the amount and 35 days since he has cancelled the order, and No Refund.
Such people are Enemies of themselves, they harm themselves more then anyone else can.

Top Bottom