Lumia 525 or Moto G or LG L90

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
hello!

pls suggest a ph among the 3 in the subject. the phone is for a friend, a first-time user of android/windows. usage would be the usual casual one, plus some share-mkt trading apps.

pls suggest, alongwith reasons for your recommendation (does LG have better service?).

thanks!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
The best phone out of the 3 is obviously LG L90

But it is the most expensive as well .. since the User is a first timer and casual user of android/windows phone it depends upon him if it is really needed to spend extra bucks

i would recommend you to even consider Lumia 520 as well since the person isn't going to play heavy games so 520 would be much more suited than lumia 525 and that would save up the cost as well .. for android consider Moto E as well
Moto E @ 7000

these are some of the choices

Lumia 520 @ 6500-7000
moto G @ 12500 , 14000
Htc Desire 516 @ 13000
Lg L90 @ 15000

lumia 520/525 has a slightly dull display keep that in mind...

the Deciding Question is How important is the camera ? and budget .. if he doesn't mind spending 14-15k then get L90 eyes closed

yes Lg has better service than Motorola

Last edited:

ashs1

Padawan
Since you've mentioned that you'll be using some "share-mkt trading apps", first of all, check out whether the apps that you want are present in the windows store ( It would probably be present in the google playstore, i presume ).
If they are present in the windows store, go for 520 or 525 ( if you'll be gaming ).

& as rish said, based on your camera requirements, you can either go for :

1. LG L90 ( if camera is important )
2. MotoG ( if camera is used for casual purposes )
3. MotoE ( if camera is not a major factor )

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
thanks for the replies everyone!

my friend had earlier chosen lumia 520, but since he was willing to spend more too, i recommended 525 to him instead.

gaming would be very light and casual, photography too casual. didn't include the questionnaire in my OP as the phones in the subject are final choices i made after going through some threads here. i added L90 to it at the last moment, after checking one of the threads, otherwise it was only 525 vs moto g earlier.

what's bothering me about the L90 is its inferior display, as compared to moto g. anyone here who has used both, the moto g and L90?

P.S. - the trading apps he wishes to use are present on play store, with only one being there on windows store. however, his primary app of importance is the NSE one, and thats present on both the stores.

- - - Updated - - -

Dropping lumia from the choices now

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Do take Huawei Honor 3c into consideration @ 12300

Huawei Honor 3C White | eBay

Official Page
Honor 3C (White)

HBK007

Journeyman
+1 to the Honor 3C but get the LG one for better after sales services(actually it's excellent) or even the moto g for decent after sales services.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
just one question gents! could the lack of kitkat prove any hindrance to this cell in any way? the said friend will be a android-neophyte, and won't long for the latest android i know, but i want him to have a good experience with his cell, and hence the concern. only this 1 thing is holding me now to recommend this cell to him wholeheartedly. please suggest.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 to the Honor 3C but get the LG one for better after sales services(actually it's excellent) or even the moto g for decent after sales services.

thanks HBK! as much as i or anyone else would've obviously wanted the good after-sales support, sadly, the only listing where he is able to apply the disc-cpn he has (on ebay) is the one with the highest price (16.5k), and that is out of his reach. he is now even showing some hesitation to go ahead with the huawei, owing to its price. perhaps i overestimated his spending-capability, and his (always) wavering mind doesn't do any good to the situation too. i will try to persuade him to atleast go for the huawei, else, will ask him to get the lumia 525 (can't help), or xolo q1010i (he is interested in this too).

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
IMO Huawei has very low failure rates & they are well built. My sis in law is having Y300 from last April 2013 & it running fine even after few drops from table height.

Just check official webpage for the service centre location in your city & take a call. He won't regret at all. For reference purpose check all user reviews on Flipkart or other online sites.

If not huawei get moto G instead.

Battery for Nokia 525 will be less for heavy user [1430 Mah] so take that point into consideration. Lumia 625 & 630 are also decent buy if he wants something from Win phone.

Paying 1k more for Huawei is anytime better than getting XOLO Q1010i. Finally its his Money & Decision.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
IMO Huawei has very low failure rates & they are well built. My sis in law is having Y300 from last April 2013 & it running fine even after few drops from table height.

Just check official webpage for the service centre location in your city & take a call. He won't regret at all. For reference purpose check all user reviews on Flipkart or other online sites.

If not huawei get moto G instead.

Battery for Nokia 525 will be less for heavy user [1430 Mah] so take that point into consideration. Lumia 625 & 630 are also decent buy if he wants something from Win phone.

Paying 1k more for Huawei is anytime better than getting XOLO Q1010i. Finally its his Money & Decision.

thanks for the nearly exhaustive reply!
i did check reviews on flipkart and gsmarena y'day, and following that, have suggested to him in almost clear terms that the Huawei phone is the one that you should buy. i will further tell him what you have written. moreover, moto g and lg l90 are more-or-less out of the question now, due to their prices on ebay.
i don't want him to get lumia too, and the battery-capacity is less as well. another reason to avoid it i feel.
and thanks to you, xolo is also now striked off from the list. huawei it is, then!

leaving the final decision to him and to his pocket now.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Where are you guys located?
check out few outlets which stocks Huawei fones from the official page to get an demo first.

This may help to gain the confidence in this Chini Brand :wink: , general opinion of Indian buyers who swear by the quality of MMX & Karbonn.

sksundram

In the zone
android : xolo q1010i is best under 11K (HD display, SONY Exmor R lens, KITKAT)
windows : xolo q900s is best under 10K (HD display, 1GB Ram, 100gms in weight)

my 2 cents

Last edited:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
might be a bad choice for the user .. the phone is great but whats the use if he doesn't use camera and other specs heavy features ? instead pay for a better brand and after sale service than buying from less reputed manufacturers..

$hadow

Geek in making
might be a bad choice for the user .. the phone is great but whats the use if he doesn't use camera and other specs heavy features ? instead pay for a better brand and after sale service than buying from less reputed manufacturers..

+1 to this.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Am in Mumbai. friend's at Indore. am aware of this old company's repute, even though many might think that its a rather nondescript company. told that to the friend.

I just found out about Xolo 900s incidentally today. seems to be a nice phone. Xolo q1010i looks good as well.

Though the camera won't be the primary requirement, however, if buying a feature-rich phone that has a good camera as well, then no harm in utilising it to a greater extent gradually, esp. if he doesn't have to pay more. with better features would come more/better usage. ;)

But anyway, price is the deciding factor now for him. my very first question to him (twice-thrice i asked), when he stated that he wanted to buy a phone, was, state your budget, clearly! but he didn't give a clear answer. and now he is highly disinclined to pay more, say, for L90 or Moto G. even for Huawei, he's dilly-dallying. thanks to you guys, i now have a list ready of solid phones, and would no more have to look for opinions/suggestions to make a choice. no more researching on his behalf, esp. when he's not very keen on pursuing the matter properly and listening to suggestions, and suffers from bouts of excitement that soon fade away [LOL! happens almost everytime! he wishes something, i try to research and ask around forums, and very soon, he loses interest/backtracks/changes his wavering mind, and i end up making a mockery of myself. its happening (for) the umpteenth time; but no more now! from the next time onwards, if he asks for something, i will straightaway ask him whether he is decisive/serious to go ahead or not, and only then would i accept/decline]. i just want(ed) him to have the best value he could get for his buck. but now, am resting my case with him, and won't persuade him anymore, till he himself asks me to assist him in selecting one cell and then purchasing it. till that time, i'll sit back. if he is serious to go ahead, well-and-good, and if not, again, well-and-good.

thank you very much guys for chipping in! i will update you whatever the outcome be.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Am in Mumbai. friend's at Indore. am aware of this old company's repute, even though many might think that its a rather nondescript company. told that to the friend.

I just found out about Xolo 900s incidentally today. seems to be a nice phone. Xolo q1010i looks good as well.

Though the camera won't be the primary requirement, however, if buying a feature-rich phone that has a good camera as well, then no harm in utilising it to a greater extent gradually, esp. if he doesn't have to pay more. with better features would come more/better usage. ;)

But anyway, price is the deciding factor now for him. my very first question to him (twice-thrice i asked), when he stated that he wanted to buy a phone, was, state your budget, clearly! but he didn't give a clear answer. and now he is highly disinclined to pay more, say, for L90 or Moto G. even for Huawei, he's dilly-dallying. thanks to you guys, i now have a list ready of solid phones, and would no more have to look for opinions/suggestions to make a choice. no more researching on his behalf, esp. when he's not very keen on pursuing the matter properly and listening to suggestions, and suffers from bouts of excitement that soon fade away [LOL! happens almost everytime! he wishes something, i try to research and ask around forums, and very soon, he loses interest/backtracks/changes his wavering mind, and i end up making a mockery of myself. its happening (for) the umpteenth time; but no more now! from the next time onwards, if he asks for something, i will straightaway ask him whether he is decisive/serious to go ahead or not, and only then would i accept/decline]. i just want(ed) him to have the best value he could get for his buck. but now, am resting my case with him, and won't persuade him anymore, till he himself asks me to assist him in selecting one cell and then purchasing it. till that time, i'll sit back. if he is serious to go ahead, well-and-good, and if not, again, well-and-good.

thank you very much guys for chipping in! i will update you whatever the outcome be.

I know this kind of people who can't make decision for themselves but if you suggest something they will make funny comments or change topics withstanding this kind of people is really pain in ass :p

Top Bottom