Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

LegendKiller

In the zone
i am looking to purchase this phone for my mom, i went over to FK just now and some people are complaining about build issues.....pls help

also, which online site most trust able.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
i am looking to purchase this phone for my mom, i went over to FK just now and some people are complaining about build issues.....pls help

also, which online site most trust able.

Trustable: Flipkart, Infibeam

Cheapest : ebay (generally)

But be careful when buying from Ebay, check seller reputation.

I can assure you that the L520 is in no way inferior in build to the galaxy ace. The 520 has a slightly larger glass surface than the ace and therefore will always be a little more prone to cracking than the ace but not something I'd let my choice of phone rest on.

If you still arent sure, go with the ace. I dont want somebody blaming me later :D :)

There you go.

:facepalm::facepalm:

Are you mad or not civil enough to have a conversation with. Have you read hat I have written. Anyways you gave a good reason to have a laughat you. Or is it that you are not good at english? LoL.

I have bashed android's updates and you are calling me a Fanboy,ha ha ha you must be a little out of place on Top!!! Why dont you go else where and save us the :duh:Horror:duh:!

Ha ha ha ha :D .

Looking at your posts in this thread and having an odesity to laugh at others. So are a pinnacle of ignorance. Anyways, dont want to paste my time with people like you who have nothing to do in this thread.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Ha ha ha ha :D .

Looking at your posts in this thread and having an odesity to laugh at others. So are a pinnacle of
ignorance. Anyways, dont want to paste my time with people like you who have nothing to do in this thread.

ur autocorrect is hilarious. anyways, I think you.were so eager to bash incinerator that u dint even realize that he wad criticizing android updates.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Is there any way to have shortcuts / toggles for WiFi , data etc like in android?

Are you kidding me. :|
It's built-in with the launcher. Launcher is "Windows Themes" equivalent in Android.
You will get the shortcuts for wifi, data toggle, volume, GPS toggle etc.. right from the notification bar. Just pull down the bar from top. You can customize the options from settings.

And yes, "Quick Settings" is a nice app for handy shortcuts to some settings which aren't in notification bar.

PS: Didn't notice it was Lumia thread. :p Sorry for off topic answer, to an offtopic question. :]

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I am currently using Quick settings since it has wifi/data sate visible on the mini live tile itself. Gonna check out Insider, looks pretty heavily built . Thanks extremevicky :)

H2O

Journeyman
hey thanks. I may purchase lumia from snapdeal with cod this Thursday. local prices here are sky high. let me know the seller named 'Zephyr' has good response or not.

congrats.please inform me after getting your phone. I just want to know how good the seller is.

Thanks. I will.

Even I wanted to buy it locally or from Flipkart but the cost was around 9.5K.

.jRay.

Youngling
Are you kidding me. :|
It's built-in with the launcher. Launcher is "Windows Themes" equivalent in Android.
You will get the shortcuts for wifi, data toggle, volume, GPS toggle etc.. right from the notification bar. Just pull down the bar from top. You can customize the options from settings.

And yes, "Quick Settings" is a nice app for handy shortcuts to some settings which aren't in notification bar.

PS: Didn't notice it was Lumia thread. :p Sorry for off topic answer, to an offtopic question. :]

When I try to pull down the notifications bar, it shows icons and disappear after some time, am I doing something wrong? I'm new to windows phone.

Get the App "QuickSetting"

get the App Insider.

Thanks, will try that.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
When I try to pull down the notifications bar, it shows icons and disappear after some time, am I doing something wrong? I'm new to windows phone.

What Notifications bar?
WP has no notifications bar. You pin the apps you want to see the notifications from into your homescreen and let the live tiles update. You can also set 6 apps to display some info directly into the lockscreen from settings. When you swipe from the top you will only see the status icons like Signal strength, GPRS, VIbrate mode, time etc

.jRay.

Youngling
What Notifications bar?
WP has no notifications bar. You pin the apps you want to see the notifications from into your homescreen and let the live tiles update. You can also set 6 apps to display some info directly into the lockscreen from settings. When you swipe from the top you will only see the status icons like Signal strength, GPRS, VIbrate mode, time etc

That's what I meant.

kaudey

Journeyman
Yeah!! I do miss the notification area of android :( . Its a bit painful to toggle wifi/bluetooth/GPS on WP. But then, I can turn them on and forget (which was a battery killer on my POP).

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Yeah!! I do miss the notification area of android :( . Its a bit painful to toggle wifi/bluetooth/GPS on WP. But then, I can turn them on and forget (which was a battery killer on my POP).

You can use Quick settings app and pinned the Wifi, Bluetooth, location, data tiles to the homescreen, if you havent already. Not perfect, but definitely usable IMO.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Finally placed an order for lumia 520 for rs 8799 on homeshop18.;-) It will take 6 days to get it on my hands.
edit: does lumia 520 come with a built in screen card or do i need to buy one?

Last edited:

rdx_halo

In the zone
Thanks to Wise Old Owl I bought a Lumia 520 red for my wife. Its an excellent phone. :lol:

*img836.imageshack.us/img836/9738/9gpn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got it for 8800/- It is a good price ? Or should be cheaper?

How to turn off that touch vibration?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Congrats :)

No way to disable haptic feedback, unfortunately.

8.8k is a good deal, no worries :)

PS: Who's this Owl? :D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Finally placed an order for lumia 520 for rs 8799 on homeshop18.;-) It will take 6 days to get it on my hands.
edit: does lumia 520 come with a built in screen card or do i need to buy one?

You meant screen guard right? I think you'll have to buy it seprately

Top Bottom